• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernick to workout for teams

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to ESPN it seems the Mr Kaepernick beat the NFL at its game?

Kaepernick called an audible and beat the NFL at its game

Oh God, I read that article earlier. I don't think it's possible for a writer to add any more hyperbole to support a cause that he's writing for. Its funny, in Sports Illustrated they wrote an article which quoted about half a dozen of the scouts that watched him work out. Most said he looked average, had an average Pro workout,

Here is what Sports Illustrated wrote:

So how did he throw in the workout? I talked to a handful of the teams that had reps in attendance. Here’s what came back:

• The session entailed 60 scripted throws, with no running or agility work.

• His arm strength is still there; he had consistent zip on the ball.

• He kept his endurance through the workout, which shows he was in good shape.

• Accuracy was scattershot, particularly downfield.

• His touch was also inconsistent.

• He had a tight, overly mechanical delivery.

This really was who he was as an NFL player from 2011–16. It’s this skill set that made him a great player in ’12 and ’13 under Greg Roman and Jim Harbaugh and with a great team around him, and a much shakier one in his final three seasons as a pro.

Asked to characterize the work, one exec called it a “solid/average Pro Day-style workout.” Another called it “slightly average,” and a third said it was an “average-to-above-average overall workout.”

“He looks the same as he did before,” said one personnel director.

Now contrast that with what the writer in that highly biased story wrote: "Kaepernick did all of the things NFL personnel would expect to see from an elite-caliber quarterback. He threw out routes on a rope, pinpointed slants, connected on medium and long routes. One scout on site said he believed that Kaepernick still had an elite arm."

Umm, seems a tad different than SI's take on Kap doesn't it? Of course it might be useful to know that the writer of the glowing Kap review also wrote a book called "40 Million dollar slaves" and is a known black activist.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did it turn out? Serious question, asking for a friend that refuses to use the internet.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's because Kap has made the whole thing about race and the NFL doesn't want to get accused of being racist. Which is ironic and stupid in the face of the fact that the NFL players are 72% black. So it would be hard to make the claim that the NFL discriminates against black men.

Kaep made the protest about race.

The NFL wants the court of public opinion (not all mind you, only those pro-Kaep) to feel as if the NFL has provided a fair platform for him to get back in the league.

The issue with trying to appease the pro Kaep people is they are going to be find fault with whatever the NFL does as long as Kaep doesn't have a roster spot and even then if he gets on a roster it will be he's not getting a chance to play...it will always be something with them.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's because Kap has made the whole thing about race and the NFL doesn't want to get accused of being racist. Which is ironic and stupid in the face of the fact that the NFL players are 72% black. So it would be hard to make the claim that the NFL discriminates against black men.

Kaep made the protest about race.

The NFL wants the court of public opinion (not all mind you, only those pro-Kaep) to feel as if the NFL has provided a fair platform for him to get back in the league.

The issue with trying to appease the pro Kaep people is they are going to be find fault with whatever the NFL does as long as Kaep doesn't have a roster spot and even then if he gets on a roster it will be he's not getting a chance to play...it will always be something with them.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did it turn out? Serious question, asking for a friend that refuses to use the internet.
Is he to busy screwing his sister? What kind of person doesn't use the internet? Is he like some Cybervegan?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he to busy screwing his sister? What kind of person doesn't use the internet? Is he like some Cybervegan?
Yep, think he’s eatin one of those veggie foods as we speak. He refuses until there is an organic internet. He fails to see the truth.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if the eight teams that attended felt he was not NFL talent at this point, time to let it rest.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, think he’s eatin one of those veggie foods as we speak. He refuses until there is an organic internet. He fails to see the truth.[/QUOTE

Well a man has to take a stand.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to know more about the liability waiver dispute before I make up my mind on whether Kaepernick should've gone forward with the NFL workout. I'd need to read the proposed waiver form that each side proposed. I'd also like to know when the NFL presented their waiver form to Kaepernick. With how hasty and disorderly the NFL has been with this since the beginning, I wouldn't be surprised if they presented the waiver form last minute.

Stephen a smith said he knew about the waiver several days in advance. I have to believe him. If he knew he wasn’t going to sign the waiver several days in advance, why did he wait until hours before to reject it?

nfl network just said he had the waiver early in the week. It was the same waiver all players get. THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IN HIS WAS LANGUAGE THAT KAEP COULD NOT COME AFTER THEM FOR WORKMANS COMP. THAATS IT.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he does have a big bong and smokes funny weed. Calls it brain food. Go figure.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nfl network just said he had the waiver early in the week. It was the same waiver all players get. THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IN HIS WAS LANGUAGE THAT KAEP COULD NOT COME AFTER THEM FOR WORKMANS COMP. THAATS IT.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/11/18/colin-kaepernick-copy-of-workout-waiver

Here's an analysis from an attorney. The conclusion is inconclusive, but the points he makes are worth reading and considering.

I haven't researched this attorney's background to check if he is pro-Kaep, anti-Kaep, or neutral. Whatever he is, it doesn't mean he's wrong, but if he has a bias, it is something to consider. Bias is something that any trier of fact, whether an arbitrator, a judge or a jury, should consider whether it is a lay witness or an expert witness.

The NFL Network is biased. Again, that doesn't mean they are wrong, but bias is something to consider.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does he have a legal argument to receive workman’s comp?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/11/18/colin-kaepernick-copy-of-workout-waiver

Here's an analysis from an attorney. The conclusion is inconclusive, but the points he makes are worth reading and considering.

I haven't researched this attorney's background to check if he is pro-Kaep, anti-Kaep, or neutral. Whatever he is, it doesn't mean he's wrong, but if he has a bias, it is something to consider. Bias is something that any trier of fact, whether an arbitrator, a judge or a jury, should consider whether it is a lay witness or an expert witness.

The NFL Network is biased. Again, that doesn't mean they are wrong, but bias is something to consider.
Everyone has bias. How do you know what to believe? Everything you have ever learned from a person is from someone biased. Everything you have learned is learned by someone who is biased. Therefore, you can’t really know anything, I guess.