• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernick to workout for teams

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone is jumping into this thread to see any analysis on his workout or is simply intrigued to see if teams are interested... Please refer to @Moab's posts on this page... That's really all there is to it.

I just don't see how a team could be desperate enough to sign Kaep. Yes I believe there are teams that could use his TALENT on the football field, Steelers included... But any owner that signed him would have to smear their franchise by allowing Kaep to feed his political agenda. And not just because of the outrage it would cause to a fanbase, but also for the already abysmal risk/reward. To me there is more risk than potential reward. Politics aside, his play on the field is suspect. Takes a leap of faith to assume he'd be able to cure an offense.

I would be shocked if anyone signed him.
there will be a few that continue to argue

California Creme Puffs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong.

Sitting during the anthem is disrespectful which is why he chose to kneel and not sit. We kneel when we pray, or propose or console a wounded or hurt teammate or soldier. So you are just dead wrong on this.

Additionally I served my country gave Uncle Sam 10 years active, part of the reason I served was to ensure people had the ability to protest, to be a voice to speak freely. I was willing to put my life on the line so others could have these freedoms.
Are you idiots finally admitting that the National Anthem/Pledge of Allegiance is a way of worshipping an inanimate object (in this case, a flag)?

By the way, the 'idiot' quip was not a jab at you personally. You are a rare veteran who seems clear on what 'freedom' actually is. And while I disagree that you risking your life in some conflict oversees enables me or anyone to have 'freedom,' (assuming you didn't serve in WWII) I commend you for supporting the right to protest.

Of course, I believe that that right comes with potential consequences, so I don't care if Kaepernick doesn't have a job. I just mainly hate the flag-worshipping that is so common amongst a primary demographic who watches the NFL.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Victim status likely intact!!

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL%20178x142%20DarkGrey.png

COLIN KAEPERNICKQB, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT

A scouting report from Saturday's workout in Atlanta described free agent QB Colin Kaepernick as "average overall."
The clips I've seen were fairly "meh."

He probably didn't help himself with his choice of t-shirt and his statements afterward.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody read Stephen a Smiths tweet storm? I don’t like the guy, but he sure as hell ripped Kaepernick and Reid new assholes.

Stephen A Smith (@stephenasmith) on Twitter

I didn't read the series of tweets, but I watched the video that Stephen A posted. He says that the NFL needed this workout because the teams are scared to bring Kaep in on their own. It's ridiculous. If an NFL team really were interested, they would call Kaepernick's agent and bring him in on Tuesday.

The OP called this a publicity stunt by the NFL, and he was right.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you idiots finally admitting that the National Anthem/Pledge of Allegiance is a way of worshipping an inanimate object (in this case, a flag)?

By the way, the 'idiot' quip was not a jab at you personally. You are a rare veteran who seems clear on what 'freedom' actually is. And while I disagree that you risking your life in some conflict oversees enables me or anyone to have 'freedom,' (assuming you didn't serve in WWII) I commend you for supporting the right to protest.

Of course, I believe that that right comes with potential consequences, so I don't care if Kaepernick doesn't have a job. I just mainly hate the flag-worshipping that is so common amongst a primary demographic who watches the NFL.
Yeah, a lot of people seem to have more respect for the symbol (flag) than the substance (right to free speech). I'd be fine with just doing away with the whole pre-game ritual. Or just have the players stay in the locker room. Then there wouldn't be any platform to drag politics into the game in this way.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't read the series of tweets, but I watched the video that Stephen A posted. He says that the NFL needed this workout because the teams are scared to bring Kaep in on their own. It's ridiculous. If an NFL team really were interested, they would call Kaepernick's agent and bring him in on Tuesday.

oh my are you blind, you also have stated so many times you dont care about kaep or this issue, but you cant, stop, taking, stances.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Two things can be right at once. The NFL did this as a publicity stunt, but it also benefitted Kaepernick. Kaepernick is also a massive douche for how he handled it and clearly showed he doesn’t want to play. He wants to be a martyr.

Boglodyte

2 things that make life worth living, guns/cigars
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things can be right at once. The NFL did this as a publicity stunt, but it also benefitted Kaepernick. Kaepernick is also a massive douche for how he handled it and clearly showed he doesn’t want to play. He wants to play the victim card repeatedly.

FIFY

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh my are you blind, you also have stated so many times you dont care about kaep or this issue, but you cant, stop, taking, stances.

Not sure when you're serious or not. You even called out the NFL for this publicity stunt. Never said that I didn't care about Kaep or this issue. I only said that even if he doesn't play again, he's got a decent life. You troll well, sir.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure when you're serious or not. You even called out the NFL for this publicity stunt. Never said that I didn't care about Kaep or this issue. I only said that even if he doesn't play again, he's got a decent life. You troll well, sir.
here, im not serious. im just messing around. but, IMHO he does just want a platform. I knew that beforehand. Now its blatantly evident