• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernick signs extension

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ted Thompson looks like a genius:

Rodgers 22 mill/year
Kaep 21 mill/year

Both those figures are at the deal's max but Rodgers is more than 1 mill per year better than him. This is not to denegrate Kaep but hes got a long way to go to reach top 5 at his position, but he is already being paid around that amount.

Wrong, Kap is over 7 years which is $18mil per, cutler and romo got the same and they will never sniff a Super Bowl or title game as Kap has in his first two seasons

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kyler boller, jamarcus russel, david carr, tim couch, all were thought to be good.........you get paid to be good, not cause they think you can be good.........

progressions is not a small thing, if it were easy everyone would do it!:laugh3:

The steelers suck, and so does Big Ben. His fat ass

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
kyler boller, jamarcus russel, david carr, tim couch, all were thought to be good.........you get paid to be good, not cause they think you can be good.........

progressions is not a small thing, if it were easy everyone would do it!:laugh3:

But none of those guys amounted to jack squat in the league.

Kaepernick at least lead his team to the SB his first year and almost lost a close NFC Championship game the 2nd.

Yes you could argue he had a great team around him but you also don't get that far in the playoffs without quality play from the QB position and most teams are successful in the playoffs because they are great teams.

I'm not saying it's not a lot of money but when Romo and Cutler can get the kind of money they get it than that's what the market is set at and that's what franchise QBs are going to ask for and get.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4983725449_c883717f34.jpg

your better than that.

If you guys are gonna come on here and claim " get your facts straight" then been never was convicted merely accused, just like your boy kaep.......

and well lets face it when it counted
stays in the pocket, scans his reads, directs his receiver, throws in triple coverage only where his guy can get it................kap threw to sherman

Last edited by a moderator:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But none of those guys amounted to jack squat in the league.

Kaepernick at least lead his team to the SB his first year and almost lost a close NFC Championship game the 2nd.

Yes you could argue he had a great team around him but you also don't get that far in the playoffs without quality play from the QB position and most teams are successful in the playoffs because they are great teams.

I'm not saying it's not a lot of money but when Romo and Cutler can get the kind of money they get it than that's what the market is set at and that's what franchise QBs are going to ask for and get.

i guess, but they are more a prototypical qb, i see your point, but i want a guy that doesnt make a living running. Of course thats just MY opinion,

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your better than that.

If you guys are gonna come on here and claim " get your facts straight" then been never was convicted merely accused, just like your boy kaep.......

and well lets face it when it counted

Simmer down, broziff, just havin' a little fun.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some very sensitive 49ers posters here on SportsHoopla.:lol:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the current demand for a franchise QB, dictates what price the NFL market will bear. Apparently that's pretty damn expensive. Jeez.

Good thing the cap is going to rise in the future. Challenging for every team that's not already paying top dollar for their current QBs. Every team is going to have to deal with these high dollar contracts at some point.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly hope that was photoshopped ^^. :laugh3:

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
i guess, but they are more a prototypical qb, i see your point, but i want a guy that doesnt make a living running. Of course thats just MY opinion,

Steve Young was a guy that made his living running early but he wound up being one of the most accurate passers in NFL history.

So the question mark for Kap is if he's going to be Steve Young and continue to grow into the role of a passer or is he going to be Vince Young who just couldn't grow his game other than being athletic.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Young was a guy that made his living running early but he wound up being one of the most accurate passers in NFL history.

So the question mark for Kap is if he's going to be Steve Young and continue to grow into the role of a passer or is he going to be Vince Young who just couldn't grow his game other than being athletic.

:thumb:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love this deal. Love it. Hope they pay him every cent. :thumb:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed, but thats a lot to pay on potential, lots and lots have potential, vince young.......etc