• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernick sat for national anthem

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have any faith that any contributed money wouldn't go towards more military gear. The government needs to pull that stuff back.

Well this is where you go and talk to them about funding a project or making it a grant that is made for this specific purpose. So then there is accountability of where the money goes and how it is used.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What cops? Examples please.

I want to know what exactly is supposed to happen to these cops that shoot someone. They're usually placed on paid leave while the shooting is investigated. Is that really unreasonable? Should they just be fired and thrown in jail immediately, no investigation whatsoever?

Of course not. Those investigations have been a farce, however. Every one of these bad cops has kept their job and has been cleared from what I've read. That clearly is not based on truth or the rightful enforcement of law. Fellow cops are sweeping this stuff under the rug instead of bringing it to light and exposing the bad eggs.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course not. Those investigations have been a farce, however. Every one of these bad cops has kept their job and has been cleared from what I've read. That clearly is not based on truth or the rightful enforcement of law. Fellow cops are sweeping this stuff under the rug instead of bringing it to light and exposing the bad eggs.
Everyone of what cops? I keep seeing all of these generalities and no specific examples.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not true. I have a friend that his brother was a cop that did some bad things and has been in prison for the last 15 years and isn't getting out any time soon. Can't remember where it was but maybe in Nebraska some cops hid a dashcam video and it was found out and all 3 have been fired and are now heading to court to see if they go to prison as well. So it does happen just not as widely reported as those of a cop who shoots somebody and then a month later is cleared and is back on the force.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a few days of thinking about Kaepernick not standing up to the national anthem, I came to one conclusion.

Why should I care?

Reactions: ill

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO!!
Every post you made is pushing a Narrative, not an Opinion. Lies cannot be an Opinion.

To Quote YOU, "a few folks...."

Again just under half of ALL MURDERS, not a few, are committed by Black People.

So explain how You, supporting a person pushing a False Agenda, are not pushing that same agenda? That some how Black people are the Victims of non Black Crime at some rate disproportionate to other races in America?

Also explain how most these people shot for "no apparent reason" are later to be proven doing or have just got done doing crimes?

I don't care.

Kaepernick is entitled to do what he wishes.

Free country and all.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should I care?

I felt the same from the first time I heard about the story. Perhaps if he had said something I hadn't heard recently or perhaps if it was stated by a better QB I'd care more, but that simply isn't the case.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true. I have a friend that his brother was a cop that did some bad things and has been in prison for the last 15 years and isn't getting out any time soon. Can't remember where it was but maybe in Nebraska some cops hid a dashcam video and it was found out and all 3 have been fired and are now heading to court to see if they go to prison as well. So it does happen just not as widely reported as those of a cop who shoots somebody and then a month later is cleared and is back on the force.

OK, I'm thinking more in terms of the publicized shootings/killings that have been in the media within the past year.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing ignorant is your argument? Ever try google?

Here's A Timeline Of Unarmed Black People Killed By Police Over Past Year

A few of these have resulted in charges/firings, but not many. List is a year old, so by no means exhaustive.
I'm not playing ignorant, I'm making a point. It's easy to speak in generalities about police shooting black people, but what's harder is getting down into the details of the cases. Take Michael Brown, who is on your list; at first blush it sounds awful, a police officer shot an unarmed black kid who had his hands up. That's terrible.

Of course then the grand jury gets involved, and we actually get the details of the case. The hands up story was a lie, the unarmed black kid was a fully grown man who had just robbed a convenience store, and had fought the officer for control of his gun. The grand jury declined to bring charges, and even the Justice Department said that the officer shot Brown in self defense.

That's just one of the stories of course. Every time someone is killed by police, there are different details. I'm sure some of them are completely unjustified, and I'm sure some of them are justifiable. But I don't think that police are just out looking to kill black people.

I don't normally care for Jason Whitlock, and I don't agree with everything he says here, but I do think he had a good perspective on this whole Kaepernick situation. It's worth a read IMO.

Jason Whitlock: Think Kaepernick Is Quitting Football

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not playing ignorant, I'm making a point. It's easy to speak in generalities about police shooting black people, but what's harder is getting down into the details of the cases. Take Michael Brown, who is on your list; at first blush it sounds awful, a police officer shot an unarmed black kid who had his hands up. That's terrible.

Of course then the grand jury gets involved, and we actually get the details of the case. The hands up story was a lie, the unarmed black kid was a fully grown man who had just robbed a convenience store, and had fought the officer for control of his gun. The grand jury declined to bring charges, and even the Justice Department said that the officer shot Brown in self defense.

That's just one of the stories of course. Every time someone is killed by police, there are different details. I'm sure some of them are completely unjustified, and I'm sure some of them are justifiable. But I don't think that police are just out looking to kill black people.

I don't normally care for Jason Whitlock, and I don't agree with everything he says here, but I do think he had a good perspective on this whole Kaepernick situation. It's worth a read IMO.

Jason Whitlock: Think Kaepernick Is Quitting Football
Home run. I feel too many people (Kaepernick is probably one) form their opinion on this whole issue based on only the few cop killings shown on the news and not a more responsible scrub of the relevant facts. Just like you say, the "Hands up don't shoot" thing was a total lie, yet that helps buoy the BLM platform and you even have pro football players miming it on the way out of the tunnel in STL for a game. A total lie that has trumped up a lot of the anger and friction between the two sides that contributes to more or less a stalemate. Kaepernick offered zero facts during his explanation (that I heard) -- just anecdotal stuff and rhetoric that was no deeper than what you could get from watching mainstream news for 5 minutes a week.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Home run. I feel too many people (Kaepernick is probably one) form their opinion on this whole issue based on only the few cop killings shown on the news and not a more responsible scrub of the relevant facts. Just like you say, the "Hands up don't shoot" thing was a total lie, yet that helps buoy the BLM platform and you even have pro football players miming it on the way out of the tunnel in STL for a game. A total lie that has trumped up a lot of the anger and friction between the two sides that contributes to more or less a stalemate. Kaepernick offered zero facts during his explanation (that I heard) -- just anecdotal stuff and rhetoric that was no deeper than what you could get from watching mainstream news for 5 minutes a week.
And that's exactly what Whitlock spoke to in the article I linked.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know who you think you're talking to, but when you look up the definition of googling you will find a picture of @Broncos6482
giphy.gif

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fatal shootings by law enforcement issue has been in the news way too much for way too long. Wanting details from Kaep (or anyone else) is just another way to deflect the real conversation.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fatal shootings by law enforcement issue has been in the news way too much for way too long. Wanting details from Kaep (or anyone else) is just another way to deflect the real conversation.
Getting details is the real conversation! Generic statements of "no more cops shooting black people" is useless. Only by getting to the facts of the matter can we determine if there is a problem, and if so, what can be done about it.