• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernick sat for national anthem

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no basis for the outrage. Do you stand at home when they play the anthem? Are you outraged by someone at the game sitting next to you during the anthem? It's a custom, not a requirement.
Most games they don't even show the anthem on tv.

To me it's a matter of respect; I don't care what your politics are, or what problems there are in the country (and we certainly have a lot of them), to me you're incredibly blessed if you were born in this country and get to live here, so showing a little bit of respect when the anthem is played is the right thing to do.

Again, that doesn't mean you don't have the right to sit during the anthem, as that is indeed one of the freedoms provided to us in this country, I just think you're an idiot for doing so. Especially if you're the kind of person who thinks Fidel Castro was a great guy.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right, but some people just believe that these multi million dollar athletes have a responsibility to also be a role model. Yeah, I know, he has a right. Oregon is sending permission slips home so these yuppie parents can give their kindergarteners the right to not pledge allegiance when they are just starting to memorize words that have no meaning. Imagine what this turns into in 15 years, with no role models, police and kids that started on the streets in Chicago holding a 275,000 dollar a year job as police commissioners having this attitude.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's one thing for a high profile "star" to make a political statement but entirely different when that statement is made from a has been who will probably not even make the final roster cut.

Let him find a different country if he has not respect for merica

fuckin maroon

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's one thing for a high profile "star" to make a political statement but entirely different when that statement is made from a has been who will probably not even make the final roster cut.

Let him find a different country if he has not respect for merica

fuckin maroon
I say move to Cuba since he idolizes Castro so much.

Lifer

Accountable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big fuss over not much.

JoHo's do't stand for anthems either.

Anybody recall John Carlos and Tommie Smith in Mexico 1968?

Similar stuff.
And proud citizens were outraged, as they should be. Do the actions, suffer the reactions of disapproval.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no basis for the outrage. Do you stand at home when they play the anthem? Are you outraged by someone at the game sitting next to you during the anthem? It's a custom, not a requirement.
I'm not outraged by him choosing to sit, so I won't pretend to speak for those that are.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shot Dead? By Who other Black People?

The fact you somehow think Black people are being "Shot Dead" while other are not makes you look Very Bad.

Almost 50% of all murders are committed by Black People. What about those Lives, What about those people being Shot Dead.

Oh ya, THAT does not fit the narrative you want to push.

great point over 90% of blacks being killed is by blacks Cop deaths are only 1% but fuckfaces like Sharpton want to harp

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So apparently Colin Kaepernick doesn't get it--because he is not black, says Rodney Harrison. Somehow, this dumb story got dumber!

"I tell you this, I’m a black man. And Colin Kaepernick, he’s not black. He cannot understand what I face and what other young black men and black people face, or people of color face, on a every single (day) basis. When you walk in a grocery store, and you might have $2,000 or $3,000 in your pocket and you go up in to a Foot Locker and they’re looking at you like you about to steal something."

http://deadspin.com/rodney-harrison-colin-kaepernick-hes-not-black-1785948642

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great point over 90% of blacks being killed is by blacks Cop deaths are only 1% but fuckfaces like Sharpton want to harp

Getting killed by criminals makes more sense than getting killed by the police. If you're not safe unarmed with the police, when are you?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most games they don't even show the anthem on tv.

To me it's a matter of respect; I don't care what your politics are, or what problems there are in the country (and we certainly have a lot of them), to me you're incredibly blessed if you were born in this country and get to live here, so showing a little bit of respect when the anthem is played is the right thing to do.

Again, that doesn't mean you don't have the right to sit during the anthem, as that is indeed one of the freedoms provided to us in this country, I just think you're an idiot for doing so. Especially if you're the kind of person who thinks Fidel Castro was a great guy.

Well, considering his intent is to draw attention to unarmed people of color being mistreated and killed by law enforcement, maybe some don't feel quite as lucky as you do.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you should learn your history. There was more to the War of 1812 than just an attempt to annex Canada. I suggest you look up impressment, for starters.

Of course there was, but your statement that the anthem referred to the US becoming a country is false. It was inspired by the US managing to wriggle out from shooting itself in the foot. The US started that war, and it backfired terribly.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, considering his intent is to draw attention to unarmed people of color being mistreated and killed by law enforcement, maybe some don't feel quite as lucky as you do.
Because no one is talking about that, right?

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course there was, but your statement that the anthem referred to the US becoming a country is false. It was inspired by the US managing to wriggle out from shooting itself in the foot. The US started that war, and it backfired terribly.
I never said anything of the sort.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because no one is talking about that, right?

Has anything happened positively? No. Cops continue to escape real punishment.

Like I said before, Kaep's heart is in the right place, but this method isn't going to get anything done. He needs to make a better example by actually making an effort to do something positive or put his money where his mouth is.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is attacking his cause. In fact, I support the cause. But the flag represents millions of things, yet Kap won't respect it because in his little mind, it only represents one negative thing. Fuck him and anyone else that agrees with that. The flag is about the big picture, he should be leaning on it to state his cause instead of disrespecting it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like I said before, Kaep's heart is in the right place, but this method isn't going to get anything done. He needs to make a better example by actually making an effort to do something positive or put his money where his mouth is.

I would say the best thing he could ever do is actually contribute to a national police organization. I know that sounds backwards but with the idea that they can have better training in how to handle situations without it escalating to the point of taking a life. I interviewed for a police position quite a few years ago and they were already seeing that they needed to start changing their training. The problem is they don't know how to go about it. The problem is they are used to being more like a military force which is why they hire so many ex-military people. While that is fine in all there definitely is some major differences in what you want. They had told me they were looking for people who could better deescalated a situation with talking a person down and even looking for people with higher compassion ability. Again though the problem is they say they want that but then they continue to hire people that are just like those who have been their for 40 years.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say the best thing he could ever do is actually contribute to a national police organization. I know that sounds backwards but with the idea that they can have better training in how to handle situations without it escalating to the point of taking a life. I interviewed for a police position quite a few years ago and they were already seeing that they needed to start changing their training. The problem is they don't know how to go about it. The problem is they are used to being more like a military force which is why they hire so many ex-military people. While that is fine in all there definitely is some major differences in what you want. They had told me they were looking for people who could better deescalated a situation with talking a person down and even looking for people with higher compassion ability. Again though the problem is they say they want that but then they continue to hire people that are just like those who have been their for 40 years.

I don't have any faith that any contributed money wouldn't go towards more military gear. The government needs to pull that stuff back.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What cops? Examples please.

I want to know what exactly is supposed to happen to these cops that shoot someone. They're usually placed on paid leave while the shooting is investigated. Is that really unreasonable? Should they just be fired and thrown in jail immediately, no investigation whatsoever?