• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Juwan Howard HC U of M Wolverines just threw a punch

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow. first three I didn't know about. This guy is gutter trash........

What a model citizen, great character.............

michigan................. nice top shelf good morals coach you chose there. :L
Yeah, as much as I prefer my teams to be winners, when we struggle, sort of like Michigan is struggling now, I can at least fall back on the fact that my favorite team's coaches are class acts. Fleck for football has really shined so far in that regard, and our alum Coach Johnson seems bound to do very well, as well. We had very low expectations going into this season and he's far exceeded those so far. Academically Minnesota's entire athletics dept has broken records for it's GPA for at least 8 straight semesters, and the football program has been a factor in that regard. The whole dept is determined to keep that streak going, so I'm assuming that was part of the conversation they had when bringing Ben Johnson on board, and I know Pitino had the bb team doing well academically, and I believe Johnson will do his part to make that continue. UMn's had too many black eyes in it's past, mostly in the cbb program, with a similar bb brawl way back in the day to start the program down that path of being scandal ridden. It sucked big time. Loved winning under Musselman and Dutcher and Haskins, but hated having some of those wins retroactively stripped. All of our bb hires since Haskins have been people thought to be morally/ethically viable and so far none of them failed in that regard, unfortunately none were able to turn the team into winners. Tubby came close, as did Pitino, but close isn't good enough in the B1G, the B1G is too good at bb. I'm sure it's why Michigan has tolerated Howard's flaws, figuring him to be a winner. But the combination of his not winning AND acting like a jackass could see him having to pack his bags? Michigan would be smart to part ways with him. If they don't, they better force him to get involved in some kind of hard core anger management program the whole time he's suspended? And Shame on the NCAA if they let him coach during the post season.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a stupid ass. From detroit free press.

Phil Martelli: Nothing inappropriate with end of game management in meeeechegan-Wisconsin game

Total bullshit. What was inappropriate was Howard having his kids pressing with seconds left in game that was already decided.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a stupid ass. From detroit free press.

Phil Martelli: Nothing inappropriate with end of game management in meeeechegan-Wisconsin game

Total bullshit. What was inappropriate was Howard having his kids pressing with seconds left in game that was already decided.
Is Phil Martelli a Michigan Alum or something? Or just THAT stupid?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, as much as I prefer my teams to be winners, when we struggle, sort of like Michigan is struggling now, I can at least fall back on the fact that my favorite team's coaches are class acts. Fleck for football has really shined so far in that regard, and our alum Coach Johnson seems bound to do very well, as well. We had very low expectations going into this season and he's far exceeded those so far. Academically Minnesota's entire athletics dept has broken records for it's GPA for at least 8 straight semesters, and the football program has been a factor in that regard. The whole dept is determined to keep that streak going, so I'm assuming that was part of the conversation they had when bringing Ben Johnson on board, and I know Pitino had the bb team doing well academically, and I believe Johnson will do his part to make that continue. UMn's had too many black eyes in it's past, mostly in the cbb program, with a similar bb brawl way back in the day to start the program down that path of being scandal ridden. It sucked big time. Loved winning under Musselman and Dutcher and Haskins, but hated having some of those wins retroactively stripped. All of our bb hires since Haskins have been people thought to be morally/ethically viable and so far none of them failed in that regard, unfortunately none were able to turn the team into winners. Tubby came close, as did Pitino, but close isn't good enough in the B1G, the B1G is too good at bb. I'm sure it's why Michigan has tolerated Howard's flaws, figuring him to be a winner. But the combination of his not winning AND acting like a jackass could see him having to pack his bags? Michigan would be smart to part ways with him. If they don't, they better force him to get involved in some kind of hard core anger management program the whole time he's suspended? And Shame on the NCAA if they let him coach during the post season.
Fleck is prolly banging the wives of your biggest donors and hooking up recruits with adderall.

He’s is a weirdo and he’s done it before. Minnesota is known for their cheating, without the winning that most cheating programs enjoy. Which is kinda sad.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Phil Martelli a Michigan Alum or something? Or just THAT stupid?

He's the former HC of St. Joseph's and current UofM assistant. But for him to say that is simply asinine.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fleck is prolly banging the wives of your biggest donors and hooking up recruits with adderall.

He’s is a weirdo and he’s done it before. Minnesota is known for their cheating, without the winning that most cheating programs enjoy. Which is kinda sad.
He's done what before?

And how is Minnesota known for cheating?

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe all the people I've heard defending Howard....... shocking, considering what he did.

Lots of people justifying violence as a reaction…..but that seems to be a trend

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was appropriately suspended but for more games. I think if he was caught doing this to a student player he should have been fired.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's done what before?

And how is Minnesota known for cheating? <--

Let me give this a shot.

Someone once said all of CFB was raging with corruption from 1934 to 1941. Minnesota was pretty damn good those years.

There's evidence somewhere that between 1900 and 1905 every team the Gophers played were high school football teams.

And there's an on going investigation into who paid off all the Frozen Four hokey refs in 2003, '02, '79, '76 & '74. The years the Gophers won it.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me give this a shot.

Someone once said all of CFB was raging with corruption from 1934 to 1941. Minnesota was pretty damn good those years.

There's evidence somewhere that between 1900 and 1905 every team the Gophers played were high school football teams.

And there's an on going investigation into who paid off all the Frozen Four hokey refs in 2003, '02, '79, '76 & '74. The years the Gophers won it.
You forgot that the 3 years they suspected cheating in the CWS were 1956, 1960 and 1964. Every other year was perfectly legit, only those 3 years was corruption afoot.