• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Justin Fields apology thread

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For starters my interest is two fold in this

I was very much a Bears fan early in life because of their Super Bowl...not like the Browns but I definitely had two fav teams

and the obvious in that they drafted an OSU qb

I'm on record on a few things

Fields will never be Lamar (a top 10ish qb)

Fields has a 5 year shelf life

The Bears need to trade him and should've last year.

My comparison of him to Lamar is to indicate just how bad their current coaching staff is. That he looked at last year and said to himself "we really need to make Justin a qb that only runs when necessary.'

CJ is a better qb than Fields ever will be. I said back when he was at OSU he threw the most beautiful ball of any qb the Buckeyes have ever had. But while I want CJ to do well I'm almost just as interested as to how his success affects the S2 testing
For your sake, I hope Houston is in the market for a backup QB.

Cuz Jesse Palmer eyeing bachelor money was equally as committed to being a winning QB.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm struggling to see what you're seeing there. He avoided a sack that he had all of at best 1 second. He had the line beat only to run into what I assume was a LB spying on him (who didn't honor the pass due to the whole OL getting whooped part) and then had to make an off balance throw that the RB somehow managed to contort his body into spraining his ankle?

it wasn't a good throw...obviously. But for good reason.

It was a soft toss to an open dump off that he left short and well behind his receiver. An NFL QB needs to make that throw, especially one that lives on his ability to run and evade pass rush.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see so much of that as pure coincidence honestly. Yes there is a bit to consistency in leadership...100 percent but you had the Steelers with pretty mediocre qb play before Ben between him and Bradshaw and you couldn't get more stable than Pittsburgh.

Right now in that article I highlighted you have a coach going on record that his plan is to not utilize Justin the way he has to be in order to be a successful qb

And nowhere in this thread have I said I think Justin is some top 10 qb. He has big flaws. But when you have a qb that has his skillset you build an offense around it. Just like the Ravens did.
Everyone knows he can scramble. What is his skill-set as a passer? What plays do you have more/less of?

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry he's still not a quality NFL QB.

Am I doing this right?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone knows he can scramble. What is his skill-set as a passer? What plays do you have more/less of?

he actually has one of the better numbers (top 10) on deep ball accuracy and he throws oddly well to the left versus right.v he has a 110 career rating out of PA and a 112 rating operating under center yet most of their offense is out of shotgun (at least pass plays)

the Bears are 5th in the league in rushing YPA so if it was me Id run at least 40 percent of their passing off PA and under center more similar to what the Browns had tremendous success with in 2020 with Baker who obviously is a much less agile qb (while also understanding the Bears have no Nick Chubb).

as a late add he's also remarkably effective in the red Zone. 104 passer rating with a 22 td to 1 pick ratio. He also has just 4 picks on 286 drop backs on first down which tells me when the D is less inclined to know what they're running he does pretty well at least in terms on not turning the ball over.

All stuff to work with for wherever he lands next. This experiment is obviously done and just playing out the season. Which is the right decision for both parties so long as Chicago dumps their coaching staff too.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now in that article I highlighted you have a coach going on record that his plan is to not utilize Justin the way he has to be in order to be a successful qb

And nowhere in this thread have I said I think Justin is some top 10 qb. He has big flaws. But when you have a qb that has his skillset you build an offense around it. Just like the Ravens did.
The bold is stupid. If a QB can't make the easy throws then he can't play in the league. The coach knows that. The idiot GM didn't and still doesn't.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh has more yards and a better completion percentage.

Without prime Sweetness and that stellar D.
True, which hi-lights even more their poor choices in drafting at the position. I mean, even the Jets have actually managed to fluke into a couple picks that were decent. As @Stakesarehigh , mentioned, it's not easy and brought up the Steelers only picking Bradshaw and Big Ben as true franchise QBs but the Bears have literally, never picked a guy that panned out as a good franchise QB since the days of Luckman. One would think a blind squirrel would have found that acorn by now.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazon Football GIF by NFL On Prime Video

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe Fields play just well enough they dont want to admit being wrong & keep him next year.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're welcome Lions fans

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was a strange feeling as a Lions fan to watch that, while wondering how the other team was going to fuck up and lose.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of 2 handoffs up the middle, if they had run an RPO or straight QB keeper with Fields on 1st and 2nd down with 3 minutes left it could have easily been game over. On 3rd down, even if Fields didn't pick up the first, if he runs it they use Detroits last timeout. That IMO changes how they play that last drive.

Even with all that, Detroit was hurrying to the line with 29 seconds left or w/e to spike the ball. You let them spike it and it's second down with no timeouts left. Probably can't run up the middle there. Using your timeout on defense opened the whole playbook back up.

Bears coaching staff lost this game for the team.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of 2 handoffs up the middle, if they had run an RPO or straight QB keeper with Fields on 1st and 2nd down with 3 minutes left it could have easily been game over. On 3rd down, even if Fields didn't pick up the first, if he runs it they use Detroits last timeout. That IMO changes how they play that last drive.

Even with all that, Detroit was hurrying to the line with 29 seconds left or w/e to spike the ball. You let them spike it and it's second down with no timeouts left. Probably can't run up the middle there. Using your timeout on defense opened the whole playbook back up.

Bears coaching staff lost this game for the team.

yep

I'm sure somehow this is Fields fault though

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a "Apology Thread For The Justin Fields Apology Thread"

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will never apologize for critiquing a player, particularly a QB, that NEVER F*CKING WINS.

This thread was, is and always will be ass.