• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Justin Fields apology thread

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a tongue in cheek thread ftr. He's got a long way to go but if used correctly there's something very interesting there at the least.

Problem is his shelf life is like 5 or 6 years.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still too many runs this guy says as the winless Bears score 40
It was.

And Fields still is shitty.

However…..

WTF was WFT doing with their secondary!?!

Three people caught passes, and they were behind the whole time.

I’m still confident Chicago is the worst team in American professional football. But that was horrible.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was.

And Fields still is shitty.

However…..

WTF was WFT doing with their secondary!?!

Three people caught passes, and they were behind the whole time.

I’m still confident Chicago is the worst team in American professional football. But that was horrible.

The Bears averaged almost 6 yards a carry as a team. Fields ran just 11 times. His legs force the opposing team to account for his running. So you ask what their secondary was doing...accounting for Justin.

Fields is a weird dude. Has been oddly accurate on deep balls and terrible in Intermediate throws. I can't think of a single qb like that....ever. League average is is usually like 35 to 40 percent on passes over 20 yards. Fields is 62

He had a 84 rating from PFF on passes over 20 yards last year. Which is an elite grade. Not even a good anywhere else on the field.

Like I said...weird dude.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,831.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he is STILL worse than Ridder, right?

poke GIF
Ha ha ha, that did not age well.

Did it @rmilia1?

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears averaged almost 6 yards a carry as a team. Fields ran just 11 times. His legs force the opposing team to account for his running. So you ask what their secondary was doing...accounting for Justin.

Fields is a weird dude. Has been oddly accurate on deep balls and terrible in Intermediate throws. I can't think of a single qb like that....ever. League average is is usually like 35 to 40 percent on passes over 20 yards. Fields is 62

He had a 84 rating from PFF on passes over 20 yards last year. Which is an elite grade. Not even a good anywhere else on the field.

Like I said...weird dude.
Michael Vick or Cam Newton come to mind as guys that could throw the ball deep but struggled to be accurate at times in short to medium. Similar to Justin as running QBs and athletic freaks. Not dissing them here but they did have some shortcomings. As for Fields, not going to put too much stock in last night or the Broncos games. The Broncos D is flat out awful and on pace to be the worst ever even if you completely take out the Miami debacle. Washington relies so much on it's pass rush from the front 4 and when that doesn't get home, their secondary is trash. Also Moore had his best career game and had a shitload of yac yards. Fields was still barely 50% passing. But they had a big win and give them their due for finally getting one after almost a year. Won one for Butkus and the defense showed up a little as well. The Bears are still likely looking at 2 picks in the top 5 anyway and possibly the #1 overall so not going to say Justin Fields is all that.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah and the OC wasn't catering to his strengths.
while true, he's still not showing ability to make pre or post snap reads

He's very limited. HE can be better than he was first few weeks, but his accuracy is an issue and ability to read field is an issue

none of that changed with 2 good performances

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while true, he's still not showing ability to make pre or post snap reads

He's very limited. HE can be better than he was first few weeks, but his accuracy is an issue and ability to read field is an issue

none of that changed with 2 good performances
spoken like a division rival's fan.

once upon a time Fields was considered very accurate with the football. The Bears should buy other teams developed QB like the Vikings historically have done.

just my opinion

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m impressed. I thought he was done. I didn’t even care enough to look if Washington has a good d or not. I’m guessing no.

They seemed to be playing man on Moore with a rookie most of the game, who would then gamble and miss repeatedly. Awful.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
spoken like a division rival's fan.

once upon a time Fields was considered very accurate with the football. The Bears should buy other teams developed QB like the Vikings historically have done.

just my opinion
I've been following fields as I wanted Vikings to draft him and sit behind cousins

His accuracy issues surprise me, but they're there. Against the vikings last season he missed a wide open Mooney in corner of the end zone for a TD and on a TD pass to Mooney later, a easy catch and TD turned into mooney having to make a difficult catch

But there are plenty of former QB's now making youtube videos on Fields struggles and there is reason many bear fans are still ready to dump him

As to vikings, I'm expecting them to move on from Kirk this offseason and draft a QB this year

Also Tony Romo was answer to trivia question tuesday, I got it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to figure with Payne and Young healthy that they would be able to pressure the qb pretty well at the very least.
Tied for #1 in sacks, of course that is with one extra game but either way they are one of the best at rushing the passer. Makes sense with all those former 1st round picks. The rest of the defense seems meh. Forbes is a good one, he struggled last night. In his defense he was literally a fingertip away from most of those completions being knocked down.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't like the play calling at times. Herbert is underrated and he only had double digit carries once this season (of course he got injured last game). Even if Herbert is having a good game it's like the play caller relies on Fields to do everything. Of course being behind in games doesn't help things.

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,831.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been following fields as I wanted Vikings to draft him and sit behind cousins

His accuracy issues surprise me, but they're there. Against the vikings last season he missed a wide open Mooney in corner of the end zone for a TD and on a TD pass to Mooney later, a easy catch and TD turned into mooney having to make a difficult catch

But there are plenty of former QB's now making youtube videos on Fields struggles and there is reason many bear fans are still ready to dump him

As to vikings, I'm expecting them to move on from Kirk this offseason and draft a QB this year

Also Tony Romo was answer to trivia question tuesday, I got it.
He is completing 62%...if he can bump that up to say 64-65% that would be fine.

If he had a good defense...and a really good running game....Say on the Falcons.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is completing 62%...if he can bump that up to say 64-65% that would be fine.

If he had a good defense...and a really good running game....Say on the Falcons.
Are you Greenie’s hype man? That’s the only place this fugaze Fields to Atlanta shit is coming from. Mike Greenberg is a no talent ass clown that maxed out in sports in CYO soccer. He doesn’t know diddly dick.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,831.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you Greenie’s hype man? That’s the only place this fugaze Fields to Atlanta shit is coming from. Mike Greenberg is a no talent ass clown that maxed out in sports in CYO soccer. He doesn’t know diddly dick.
I haven't watched Get Up in a while...what is he saying?

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still too many runs this guy says as the winless Bears score 40
Keep running him that often and taking that many hits and his shelf life won't be 5 or 6 years. If he couldn't run he'd have to develop as a passer. Obviously in a game it's better for him to run rather than guess where to throw, but he plays like he's been allowed to get away with this for a long time in practice.