• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Justin Blackmon Suspended

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one still think the Rams made a mistake not drafting Blackmon. He's better, imo, than any receiver the Rams have and that includes the guys just drafted. The Rams might have even made the playoffs last year with Blackmon. They had no offensive threat last season. Next season looks promising. If the Rams had Blackmon they'd be a cinch to make the playoffs this coming season, even with his suspension. Rams should go 10-6 next season. With Blackmon, the Rams would go 12-4. :2cents:

although even with blackmon i don't think the defense would have been as good...

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you took Blackmon, Brockers would be elsewhere and his presense did impact the defense. Maybe a push in my opinion. I think we will be better overall with Brockers over time.:2cents:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you took Blackmon, Brockers would be elsewhere and his presense did impact the defense. Maybe a push in my opinion. I think we will be better overall with Brockers over time.:2cents:

It's the domino effect or butterfly effect whatever you want to call it, but I think you are right Blue. I really like Brockers and what the defense was able to accomplish last year. I really like the WR corp we have now expect some fine things for the Rams this coming year...

It's time for Sammie boy to earn his stripes!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know Sportsjunkie, with your level of analysis of college games and players, I really think the Rams should give you a position in the scouting department. If only KSU Dodgers would show up, you could ask him directly to get you an interview because KSU works at Rams park in some capacity he never stated. I think that is a legit pursuit and I KNOW our drafts would be way better if you got hired. It would be my 5 minutes of fame that I could tell people I know a guy who works for the Rams!!!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retro I love my current job and industry, but that would be my dream job. I have a friend that bets alot on sports and we started watching college football together about 3 years ago (I've been watching for years and was in FL for awhile - stuck watching the SEC/ACC). He's made about $4000 on college football games the last 3 years off me. Home dogs!! LOL And I follow it religiously all year so by the time the draft comes around I know who's who and it's funny to watch a guy like Jarvis Jones dominate on a great defense in the SEC for 2 years with no injuries, then slip on draft day because of an supposed injury issue found in the combine. Although the combine helps/hurts some guys draft position, it really is overrated. I mean, how many of you knew that in 2012 Alshon Jeffrey, WR South Carolina had a bad year due to his pot smoking QB that kept getting suspended, which forced double and triple coverage on Alshon all year with a back up QB not worth a flying sh!t?? This killed his draft position, along with he didn't participate in the combine and everyone said he had a bad attitude. You can see the snowball effect from the combine hurt or hype players tremendously.

And how many of you knew that Alshon in 2011 had a better year statistically than Julio Jones in the SEC? It's obvious that the SEC is a whole other breed of player, especially on D. Which is why I am stoked to see what Zac Stacy does, even though I think we could have got him in the 6th.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you know junkie, when the draft goes on, everyone knows the top 50 to 100, it is the so called sleeper that each team watches what others are doing. As you said watching the SEC and you would know better than me, Stacy did a great job on a poor team against great competition. I am sure Fisher isn't the only one that knew that and he was probably worried that he wouldn't get to the Rams in the 6th.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue and SportsJunkie:You guys bring up an important point about the draft and teams approach to it. SJ, you are absolutely correct that not everyone knows those types of details that increase a team's ability to select a player for a good fit for a given team's system. There is nothing more devastating to a player's career than to be put in a system that does not fit them. Nor does it serve the team's interest as well. Prime example. The Lakers this year with Mike D'Antoni.

Those details, and knowledge of them, are the reason why the better teams have excellent scounting departments that translate into higher levels of talent and a better product which of course is wins. That is why we sucked for so long because the Queen Idiot gutted the scounting department way back in the early '80s so the bitch could have more money. The ramifications we all witnessed for nearly three decades. Those details are paramount to piecing a team together. The better teams like the Steelers and now the Niners and to some degree the Rams do a pretty good job of assimilating draft selections into team purpose and goals. And they are better at gettung people like you guys who watch players and know all of the important details.

So absolutely, guys, you both should offer your services to the Rams. We'd be even better still. Where's KSU Dodgers when you need him?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you know junkie, when the draft goes on, everyone knows the top 50 to 100, it is the so called sleeper that each team watches what others are doing. As you said watching the SEC and you would know better than me, Stacy did a great job on a poor team against great competition. I am sure Fisher isn't the only one that knew that and he was probably worried that he wouldn't get to the Rams in the 6th.
As much as I like Terrance Ganaway, I think Stacy displaces him on the 53 man roster, Heck I wouldn't be surprised if he gets the lions share and Richarson is second in line by years end (Hopefully a win on Feb 2nd :yahoo:)

Blue and SportsJunkie:You guys bring up an important point about the draft and teams approach to it. SJ, you are absolutely correct that not everyone knows those types of details that increase a team's ability to select a player for a good fit for a given team's system.

This is why I think we drafted TJ McDonald, the dude is down right stingy in the redzone.

The better teams like the Steelers and now the Niners and to some degree the Rams do a pretty good job of assimilating draft selections into team purpose and goals. And they are better at gettung people like you guys who watch players and know all of the important details.

So absolutely, guys, you both should offer your services to the Rams. We'd be even better still. Where's KSU Dodgers when you need him?

I liked Junkie's picks too but I think those picks worked a lot better for the Steelers and where their team is and the picks they had to start off with. I also liked what Les and Jeff did in the draft. They went after playmakers and moved up and down the draft to get both quality and quantity, fill important needs that fit well into the long term plan.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vita. You might be right about Zac Stacy but I sure as heck would like to see Ganaway stick. Thta big back mentality still has a place in the NFL. Perhaps I am spoiled watching SJ all these years. That leaves Chase Daniels and Pead that may be out the door or onto the practice squad.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher's always had a Rammer. I see Ganaway staying before Pead does to be honest. We shall see.

The Steelers got down right bad ass athletes. Shamarko, Jarvis Jones, Wheaton, Hawthorne, Bell all can hit and make plays. Any team would like this combo of athletes.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Sportsjunkie. When you get some free time, go over to Vita's video thread and check out the highlights from last year. It makes us look pretty damn bad!!

skerz96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember wanting Decastro but I was fine with the Brockers pick because we had needed help at DT for a few years.

yeah after the godawful trade with the Cowboys I wanted DeCastro too.
&
of course Brockers had a better season. DeCastro got a freak injury in preseason and spent last year on I.R.

skerz96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clayton and Silas. I'm cautiously intrigued by the two WRs out of WV. Everything I have read so far indicates that this could be the re-incarnation of Holt and Bruce for us only the Bruce part would be much faster. So, I am anxious to see how this draft pans out for a lot of reasons.

Austin seems alot more like Az Zahar Hakim than bruce or holt.
Chris Givens certainly has Torry Holt potential. The 2nd kid we took out of WVU this year is supposed to be a polished route runner so maybe he can fill the Isaac Bruce role. Maybe Cook can fill in the Ernie Conwell position. Jake Long can find some of his early career flash and fill the Orlando pace role. Even if all that happens, I dont see Bradford ever being a Kurt Warner.

Whole lot of maybe and what ifs that may just end up being flat out No's. Atleast we have something to look forward to.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of godawful. Goober Jerry Jones must have blown a gasket because his draft this year was completely flipped!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skerz96. When you get some free time and you want your fan fires stoked, wander over to Vitas video thread and check-out last season's Youtube highlight film. It'll get you stoked, I guarantee it!!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if all that happens, I dont see Bradford ever being a Kurt Warner..
Hey I have mad respect for KW, but even Kurt had trouble being Kurt Warner playing behind Marc Bulger, Eli Manning and Matt Leinart before being Kurt Warner again...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Skerz. I like your analogy between the old GSOT and the emerging new one. It could very well be that the new GSOT will have a twist. That being Smashmouth football ala '85 Bears style. The O featured a tough running game with an explosive deep threat and a D that was unmatched. Fisher was a D-back on one of the toughest defenses in NFL history coached by none other than Buddy Ryan and that team dominated. I kinda think that is the model Fisher is now using to construct this Rams team back to-in his words-SIGNIFICANCE!!!!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey I have mad respect for KW, but even Kurt had trouble being Kurt Warner playing behind Marc Bulger, Eli Manning and Matt Leinart before being Kurt Warner again...

Warner was also dealing with injuries during those years, once he regained the starters position in Arizona he was the Old Warner. Actually should have won the SuperBowl against Pitt. Going in for TD before halftime and have Harrison take it 99 yards the other way was the difference otherwise Arizona wins that game easily.