• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Justin Blackmon Suspended

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Blackmon has been suspended for the first four games of this coming season for violating the league's substance abuse policy. It turns out that the Jags inserted a clause in his contract that now voids all the remaining guaranteed money in his contract. The Jags casn cut him now if they want and not owe him any money.

This is precisely the reason I don't like to take chances on red flags (DUI's, injuries, knuckleheads, etc) in the first round.

Stevie and I had a difference of opinion on this on the CBS board. Keenan Allen and Eddie Lacy fell due to injuries in the draft. NFL teams can't afford to take risks with these players in the first round.

A risk in the second round on a first round talent (Janoris Jenkins) is worth it.

Let's hope Ogletree gets his act together. At least he was a LATE first round pick and our second first at that.

We lucked out last year, that's for sure!

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure the Jags will drop the hammer this time on the guaranteed money - they still kinda need production. But Blackmon's either dumb as a bag of hammers, or can't get by without a little help.... Gabbert's also running out of chances, and he's gotta be hating this news.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't you glad the Rams traded down and got Brockers now. Rams don't need that mess.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he definitely needs help since the problems seem to happen in the off-season when he has more time on his hands and no football structure.

All this being said - If the Jags cut him, which I DOUBT, I'd love the Rams to get him into Fisher's program for our special ones.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we were discussing the Rams before the draft last year I was one of the few wanting us to take Fletcher Cox or Michael Brockers in the first round. Not being able to stop the run was driving me crazy!!!

We have been on the wrong side of luck too many times during previous drafts so the law of averages had to catch up!

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at BWW in Kirkwood for the draft last year and was the only person not angry when the Rams picked Brockers.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember wanting Decastro but I was fine with the Brockers pick because we had needed help at DT for a few years.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams got a lot more out of Brockers than the Steelers got out of DeCastro as rookies. I'm hoping for big things from both in the future though. They've got talent and work ethic that only injury can screw up.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:omg:

god be watching the rams

i remember when i was so pissed the jags jumped us and we had to trade down

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never got the Blackmon hype. I think I had him in the 20s when I did my big board that year. I think Rams fans were just really upset with not getting AJ Green or Julio Jones

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted Julio! Performed at the combine with a broken bone in his foot!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never wanted the guy or Quick or Pead. I wanted Alshon Jeffrey dammit!

Piss off Rams FO give me a job.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was happy with the Brockers pick. Blackmon would not be agood fit for us because he reminds me of Braylon Edwards in attitude. I think is beginning to self-destruct and these types of players are seldom redeemable no matter how good an influence Fisher might be. He appeares to have a significant addiction to alcohol and when players go down this path, they usually have to hit rock bottom before they clean up their lives.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never wanted the guy or Quick or Pead. I wanted Alshon Jeffrey dammit!

Piss off Rams FO give me a job.
I remember wanting Rueben Randle. Not sure how he fell in the draft like he did but I guess he hasn't exactly lit the NFL on fire yet

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was happy with the Brockers pick. Blackmon would not be agood fit for us because he reminds me of Braylon Edwards in attitude. I think is beginning to self-destruct and these types of players are seldom redeemable no matter how good an influence Fisher might be. He appeares to have a significant addiction to alcohol and when players go down this path, they usually have to hit rock bottom before they clean up their lives.

I'll remind you all, I wanted Justin Blackmon however hindsight is 20/20. He was a real good kid in college, I really liked his connection to the little girl with cancer. It was a good and compelling story and told me a little bit about the dude's character.

Too bad the ole' $$$ had so much influence on the guy. I would think that's it. I mean how do you go all through college without these types of troubles and make a little dough and boom!

It's gotta be the cash...

Hey Justin learn from your mistakes. Stop drinking and if your not gonnna do that, then spend a few bucks whenever you go out and take a cab to get there. That way you don't feel the need to drive home rather expect to take a cab home... It could mean the difference in you taking another breath or not or better yet another....

Last edited by a moderator:

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one still think the Rams made a mistake not drafting Blackmon. He's better, imo, than any receiver the Rams have and that includes the guys just drafted. The Rams might have even made the playoffs last year with Blackmon. They had no offensive threat last season. Next season looks promising. If the Rams had Blackmon they'd be a cinch to make the playoffs this coming season, even with his suspension. Rams should go 10-6 next season. With Blackmon, the Rams would go 12-4. :2cents:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one still think the Rams made a mistake not drafting Blackmon. He's better, imo, than any receiver the Rams have and that includes the guys just drafted. The Rams might have even made the playoffs last year with Blackmon. They had no offensive threat last season. Next season looks promising. If the Rams had Blackmon they'd be a cinch to make the playoffs this coming season, even with his suspension. Rams should go 10-6 next season. With Blackmon, the Rams would go 12-4. :2cents:
Blackmon really didn't do anything the first half of last season and Ill be a little surprised if he has a better career than Brockers or Tavon Austin:2cents:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clayton and Silas. I'm cautiously intrigued by the two WRs out of WV. Everything I have read so far indicates that this could be the re-incarnation of Holt and Bruce for us only the Bruce part would be much faster. So, I am anxious to see how this draft pans out for a lot of reasons.