• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just how bad are things at USC?

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Helton gets fired next season, it will likely compound the issues from this class.
Depends on a lot of things:

1. It’s not tough to turn things around in the PAC and Helton didn’t lose the team. They very well could be successful next year and right the ship.

2. If not they may act quick enough find the hot guy and kill it anyway.

I wouldn’t right then off. They’ve typically had smaller classes but full of quality. USC remains USC.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. One off recruiting class won't hurt much as long as it's only one. The classes previous to this one were fine. The next ones have to be back up to standards though.

Additionally, they possibly still salvage this class. There's another signing day and some kids who committed today, could flip later.
No offense but you weren’t convinced in the beginning that the probation would hurt that bad either. This is close to that situation only not officially sanctioned.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't argue that but SC beat writers are A-1 cvnts from the word 'go'... especially that lying fvck from Maven Sports .. now known as SI. It takes a real fvcknut to attack Helton on twitter over this class seeing how they were part of the problem.

I agree. That's basically what I said in post 136. The media out here has been ridiculous.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense but you weren’t convinced in the beginning that the probation would hurt that bad either. This is close to that situation only not officially sanctioned.

It didn't. Everyone, including you, said they were looking at 3-9, 4-8 type seasons, but they never had a losing season during the sanctions. In fact, prior to the 2nd season of the sanctions, when a couple of previews had them picked to win the NC people were saying they weren't sanctioned enough.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford doesn't go by the NCAA min. academic requirements when it comes to recruiting .. neither does Washington for that matter.
But I've been told over and over and over again that Stanford can't recruit well because they have the most impossible academic restrictions for anyone with less than a 8.0 GPA and 9500 SAT score. How on earth could they possibly be pulling these kids in??

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I've been told over and over and over again that Stanford can't recruit well because they have the most impossible academic restrictions for anyone with less than a 8.0 GPA and 9500 SAT score. How on earth could they possibly be pulling these kids in??
Stanford has a big time edge when their coaches & recruiters use the 'and a Stanford degree is worth this much' spiel. They've fvcked UW time and again when those two schools go head to head on a recruit.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford has a big time edge when their coaches & recruiters use the 'and a Stanford degree is worth this much' spiel. They've fvcked UW time and again when those two schools go head to head on a recruit.
:dingdingding:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No you've been told they can't get most 4-5 stars into Stanford. So they are at a disadvantage. The fact that do get some is a testament to how much the Stanford degree is valued.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven’t dug into the info but it sounds like the class isn’t (at the very least) meeting expectations. Could this be due to the fact that there is a sense of a Head Coach on his way out the door after or during next season?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, it's more about other shit that has gone on that has little or nothing to do with the football team.

They took too long getting a new AD and President. Because of that, Helton's status was uncertain for all of last off-season and this entire season.

The admissions scandal and FBI thing with the basketball team made it look like the athletic department was screwed up.

They likely wanted to fire Helton, but it turns out that his buyout was more than the $20 million that was originally reported and the school is having to pay something like $425 million in lawsuits from that pervert gynecologist.

So now, while Helton's status was somewhat solidified, most believe that it's only for next season. So, if they start slow, he'll be right back on the hot seat.

I love my Trojans, but if I had a son that they were recruiting, I'd honestly have a hard time telling him to go there right now. At least until things are more settled.

Fortunately, it's a young team, so they have a lot of guys coming back. If tbey show a lot of improvement, then this recruiting class shouldn't hurt them too much in the future.
Maybe they can sprinkle in a few lesser thought of recruits that have a nasty chip on their shoulder and support those young "good ens"!

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just looked at USC's class. 9 of 11 are OLs (6) and DTs (3). While it may be a poorly ranked class, they are putting stock in the trenches. This has Graham Harrell written all over it...wants lots of QB protectors.

I'm betting he thinks they can find some speedy little Wes Welker/Danny Amendola types to help out the receiving core. But, that doesn't do anything regarding the need for damn good DBs.

CorpRebel

Rock-n-Roll
Hoopla Cash
$ 650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just looked at USC's class. 9 of 11 are OLs (6) and DTs (3). While it may be a poorly ranked class, they are putting stock in the trenches. This has Graham Harrell written all over it...wants lots of QB protectors.

I'm betting he thinks they can find some speedy little Wes Welker/Danny Amendola types to help out the receiving core. But, that doesn't do anything regarding the need for damn good DBs.

We'll take what we can get! BUT, February is still coming up...:nod:

IF nothing else "blows up" at USC, scandal-wise, come February, we'll likely be in a much better position than today. Til then, I'm just biding my time while waiting to see what actually ends up happening... heh heh :noidea:

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as the USC song girls remain hot and slutty, nobody cares how good they are in football.

Am I right or what?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

upload_2019-12-18_16-49-27.png

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know how yet but I think all of this can be blamed on Chip Kelly

:stfu:

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'USC Football News' is another pos. This fvck rakes SC football over the coals yet has no problem sucking Reggie Bush's c0ck.