• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just how bad are things at USC?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feeling like this needs to get pointed out. USC is currently sitting with the SEVENTY SEVENTH ranked recruiting class on early signing day:

USC 2020 Football Commits

They rank 11th in the Pac12, only in front of Utah, and have exactly 1 four star commitment. Holy Shit.

Last edited:

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feeling like this needs to get pointed out. USC is currently sitting with the SEVENTY SIXTH ranked recruiting class on early signing day:

They rank 11th in the Pac12, only in front of Utah, and have exactly 1 four star commitment. Holy Shit.

il_570xN.1072006010_3wf3.jpg

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feeling like this needs to get pointed out. USC is currently sitting with the SEVENTY SIXTH ranked recruiting class on early signing day:

This isn't on Helton. This is on the media.

DayDrinkinginDurham

Healed Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine getting ranked 20 spots behind Duke in recruiting despite being one of the most storied and prestigious football schools.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media including SC beat writers were saying day in and day out how the new AD was going to fire Helton's ass. Infact SI put out a lie saying he was fired and this was while Helton was making a visit to a recruit. He had to explain to the recruit that this was the first he had heard of it. You don't get recruits when they don't know who's going to be the HC .. that is a fact any college football fan knows. USC beat writers including that cvnt Scott Wolf and Ryan Abrahams are riding Helton's ass atm on twitter about this class and I called both of those pricks out on their bs. Seeing how Wolf is a pheg I figure he'll block me at any moment. He can't take the shit he dishes out.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media including SC beat writers were saying day in and day out how the new AD was going to fire Helton's ass. Infact SI put out a lie saying he was fired and this was while Helton was making a visit to a recruit. He had to explain to the recruit that this was the first he had heard of it. You don't get recruits when they don't know who's going to be the HC .. that is a fact any college football fan knows. USC beat writers including that cvnt Scott Wolf and Ryan Abrahams are riding Helton's ass atm on twitter about this class and I called both of those pricks out on their bs. Seeing how Wolf is a pheg I figure he'll block me at any moment. He can't take the shit he dishes out.

Certainly SC was deliberating whether to retain Helton. USC could have said definitively at any point before the stories were reported and definitively said that Helton would be the coach for 2020.

Blaming the media for USC's ineptitude is moronic.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly SC was deliberating whether to retain Helton. USC could have said definitively at any point before the stories were reported and definitively said that Helton would be the coach for 2020.

USC didn't hire Bohn until less than a month ago. No idea why you even post in this forum tbh.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't on Helton. This is on the media.

Actually, it's more about other shit that has gone on that has little or nothing to do with the football team.

They took too long getting a new AD and President. Because of that, Helton's status was uncertain for all of last off-season and this entire season.

The admissions scandal and FBI thing with the basketball team made it look like the athletic department was screwed up.

They likely wanted to fire Helton, but it turns out that his buyout was more than the $20 million that was originally reported and the school is having to pay something like $425 million in lawsuits from that pervert gynecologist.

So now, while Helton's status was somewhat solidified, most believe that it's only for next season. So, if they start slow, he'll be right back on the hot seat.

I love my Trojans, but if I had a son that they were recruiting, I'd honestly have a hard time telling him to go there right now. At least until things are more settled.

Fortunately, it's a young team, so they have a lot of guys coming back. If tbey show a lot of improvement, then this recruiting class shouldn't hurt them too much in the future.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, it's more about other shit that has gone on that has little or nothing to do with the football team.

They took too long getting a new AD and President. Because of that, Helton's status was uncertain for all of last off-season and this entire season.

The admissions scandal and FBI thing with the basketball team made it look like the athletic department was screwed up.

They likely wanted to fire Helton, but it turns out that his buyout was more than the $20 million that was originally reported and the school is having to pay something like $425 million in lawsuits from that pervert gynecologist.

So now, while Helton's status was somewhat solidified, most believe that it's only for next season. So, if they start slow, he'll be right back on the hot seat.

I love my Trojans, but if I had a son that they were recruiting, I'd honestly have a hard time telling him to go there right now. At least until things are more settled.

Fortunately, it's a young team, so they have a lot of guys coming back. If tbey show a lot of improvement, then this recruiting class shouldn't hurt them too much in the future.
Can't argue that but SC beat writers are A-1 cvnts from the word 'go'... especially that lying fvck from Maven Sports .. now known as SI. It takes a real fvcknut to attack Helton on twitter over this class seeing how they were part of the problem.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Winner!

AlaskaFag's moronic claim that the media is to blame is off the mark, as per usual.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No they couldn't. They didn't have an AD and folks know that a new AD usually wants to hire "his guys". Then, by the time they got a new AD and he had a chance to evaluate Helton for himself, it was too close to the early signing period to start a true search.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC didn't hire Bohn until less than a month ago. No idea why you even post in this forum tbh.

Hiring a new AD recently does nothing to dispute my post...it only makes it more clear that USC was not sure whether they would retain Helton.

If you take the dick out of your mouth for a second, you'd see that.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A class like this leaves a huge void not just in quality bodies but in leadership. This will hurt them and it will be equivalent of a reduction in scholarships. It will start showing in year 2 and hangover for a couple of years. They can mitigate it by signing a very small class this year leaving room for next year and working the transfer portal but they can't have another bad class like this.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winner!

AlaskaFag's moronic claim that the media is to blame is off the mark, as per usual.

Actually, it's not that far off the mark. The media, at least out here, has been merciless re: Helton. There's even a talk show host out here, who is a former USC player, who has been over the top ridiculous with some of his criticism of Helton and the school.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A class like this leaves a huge void not just in quality bodies but in leadership. This will hurt them and it will be equivalent of a reduction in scholarships. It will start showing in year 2 and hangover for a couple of years. They can mitigate it by signing a very small class this year leaving room for next year and working the transfer portal but they can't have another bad class like this.

When Helton gets fired next season, it will likely compound the issues from this class.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete Carroll and Reggie Bush really fucked that place up.....
Hiring the likes of Kiffin, Sark, Haden and Swann really fvcked that program up. With that said SC beat writers are the biggest bunch of no testicle backstabbing cvnts on the west coast.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree. One off recruiting class won't hurt much as long as it's only one. The classes previous to this one were fine. The next ones have to be back up to standards though.

Additionally, they possibly still salvage this class. There's another signing day and some kids who committed today, could flip later.