• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just how bad are things at USC?

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Graham Harrell is looking like the OC. McCoy wasn't a surprise KK recruited him. While he "wasn't working for SC yet".Expecting this tp be CH's last season thank gog

Seems like an odd hire. I remember Graham Harrell was that QB for Texas Tech who couldn't do a shuttle pass that Leach was making fun of. Has he done anything impressive as a coach? I guess he made a mediocre offense in the worst FBS conference. But I still consider USC a premier coaching spot, and even if it's on fire right now, you'd think could bring in a better talent.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like an odd hire. I remember Graham Harrell was that QB for Texas Tech who couldn't do a shuttle pass that Leach was making fun of. Has he done anything impressive as a coach? I guess he made a mediocre offense in the worst FBS conference. But I still consider USC a premier coaching spot, and even if it's on fire right now, you'd think could bring in a better talent.
KK was Swanns targets made a lot of promises i.e. McCOy etc. But he took off and left SC which and dry. Problem is Swann is in a catch 22. Extending Helton that early was a bad choice. Seems more like he's using a 3 strike approach on Helton. More trying to save face and his legacy. Would be surprised to see Helton there after next year. Harrell was just at SC Sunday and looks to be the next OC. Everything right now is looking like a bridge gap until the next coach tho.

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KK was Swanns targets made a lot of promises i.e. McCOy etc. But he took off and left SC which and dry. Problem is Swann is in a catch 22. Extending Helton that early was a bad choice. Seems more like he's using a 3 strike approach on Helton. More trying to save face and his legacy. Would be surprised to see Helton there after next year. Harrell was just at SC Sunday and looks to be the next OC. Everything right now is looking like a bridge gap until the next coach tho.

Makes sense. It seems Swann's way too loyal for his own good. And I heard about the issues with the stadium and how many alums are stopping buying season tickets (since they have to pay like $1200 just for the privilege of buying season tickets). I'd like to see USC become a contender again.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense. It seems Swann's way too loyal for his own good. And I heard about the issues with the stadium and how many alums are stopping buying season tickets (since they have to pay like $1200 just for the privilege of buying season tickets). I'd like to see USC become a contender again.
Loyal is one of CH's biggest downfalls. One of SC's biggest problems last season. Was CH sticking with Toa at center who was a turnover machine. While playing Neilon their center who could actually snap. At fullback on GL situations. Swann had to make Helton fire Calloway and Tee. Swann gave Helton his second chance keeping him after the season. Looked like KK was going to replace him next year. But he bolted when he got the NFL offer. That was shady on KK's part tho i.e. McCoy etc...In the end it looked to be between Harrell and Drevino. Both bridge gap moves. The money for a CH buy out is there at this point its really just Swann cleaning up his mess before moving forward imo

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This much of a diva flake. I’m sure he won’t burn out. Then again, seems a perfect fit for USC.

SideSwipe52

The Franchise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once Urban Meyer gets to USC, he will clean that program up.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 star WR commit, who just enrolled a few weeks ago is already in the transfer portal.

I don't think I've ever heard of a player transferring before even stepping foot on the practice field.

Would he still have to sit out a year if he transfers even though he was never really a part of the team?

Something stinks here.

Does he sit out this year?

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I’d want him back. Dude seems diva like.

Georgia is a respectable program. USC has been trash for about almost as long as Nebraska.

They need him to come back to national prominence

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia is a respectable program. USC has been trash for about almost as long as Nebraska.

They need him to come back to national prominence
Bama, Clemson and Ohio State are the only respectable programs right now IMO.

Pretty much you either have to be Bama or beat Bama when it actually matters.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What if you beat the team that beat Bama when it didn’t really matter? Does that count?

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’d lump Georgia in there with Ohio State in that second cut. They’re on the up and up. So many studly recruits they can pull right out of their backyard. Clemson and Bama are in their own stratosphere though. Winners of 15 of the last 16 playoff games. And the only other team that has won a playoff game in that span is UGA which didn’t have to go through either team in order to do it. Dominating.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t get over how humiliating this whole USC thing has gotten to be. I mean it’s unbelievable. Your city is massive as is your state. You have some of the best players in the entire nation to pull from. You “compete” in a shithouse conference you should consistently dominate. You have Lynn Swan who is absolutely clueless and Clay Helton at the helm leading your program and Mario Cristobal of all people pimping your state for players?! This whole thing is a burning dumpster fire and beyond embarrassing. Get your shit together.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was a receivers coach for us when we had the all time Pac 12 receiving record holder. But our playbook is the size of a napkin so not sure. USC is still a good spot for coaching except when it is a dumpster fire like it is. I wouldn’t turn down a HC job in the NFL either but Kingsbury made a big mistake going to coach in the NFL for at max 2 years then will have to go back to being a college coordinator or position coach somewhere in college or the pros. Should’ve stayed at USC and taken over their program as a HC when they fire Helton.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually, he should be fine. From what I understand, he'll be bringing basically the same offense as Kingsbury. I've also heard, he's also going to streamline the playbook.

Helton was able to save his job by cleaning house and bringing in new blood. If there isn't significant improvement this season, I expect he'll be gone.

I like a lot of what I've been hearing. But it won't matter if it doesn't translate on the field.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t get over how humiliating this whole USC thing has gotten to be. I mean it’s unbelievable. Your city is massive as is your state. You have some of the best players in the entire nation to pull from. You “compete” in a shithouse conference you should consistently dominate. You have Lynn Swan who is absolutely clueless and Clay Helton at the helm leading your program and Mario Cristobal of all people pimping your state for players?! This whole thing is a burning dumpster fire and beyond embarrassing. Get your shit together.

The entire state of California is a dumpster fire. We had not one, not two, but three separate and totally unrelated instances in CA where people tried to get slick and not pay what they owed us. So we sued them and it was really nasty. We won all three lawsuits but now we won't even do business in that state. USC is a great school stuck in a time warp inside a liberal state where reality has still not caught up with them. USC (and CA) will not recover until they get back into the real world. If that happens, they will both be #1 in the nation again.