• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

jump on the Texas bandwagon now. Charlie Strong to Texas. Grand Slam hire

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen Strong listed as the 5th choice on Texas' hire list. Do you guys feel Texas settled rather than getting their #1?

Not at all. There is such a fine line between #1 and say a #5 anyway. Plus, it depends who's list you are looking at. I've seen him as high as #2 behind Saban.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No such thing as a list, that's media rumor.

There are only two known interviews Texas conducted - Franklin and Strong. So for anyone to say Strong was fifth, when he was one of only two interviewed doesn't actually mean anything.

Mack Brown wasn't Texas first choice......Nick Barnett was. I don't think they settled then, and I don't think they're settling now.

Strong is a FANTASTIC coach. I have no doubts he'll do a great job here.

Its not like Texas is scraping the bottom of the coaching barrel here.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we're basically just waiting on the Louisville donors to determine if they can get enough from the bank to keep him in place....right?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we're basically just waiting on the Louisville donors to determine if they can get enough from the bank to keep him in place....right?

He would have to be the highest paid coach in the ACC, no?

Somebody's wasting no time on Wiki. :dhd:

The Louisville Cardinals Football team represents the University of Louisville in the sport of American football. The Cardinals compete in the Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and the American Athletic Conference. The position of head coach is currently vacant.

Louisville Cardinals football - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only coaches I wanted ahead of Strong or Shaw were Cowher and Jim Harbaugh. I also knew they weren't coming.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard that Strong was the highest paid non BCS coach.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the Big XII Mr. and Mrs. Strong.

charlie-strong-wife-victoria-strong.png

kap1959

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't know how a black head football coach at texas is going to be accepted in a liberal city full of hippies and gays.

Wow, your are certainly not known for your intellectual posts, but this one puts you in a whole new category. Congratulations. :clap:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yuck yuck yuck. Because Nebraska fans are Nazis against America and free speech. Whatever.. Lincoln is as American as you can get (your Nazi ass nonewithstanding). Nebraska deserves a coach like Brown or Strong. What American doesn't want to see the Huskers be a strong team again?

I think he was pointing out that you are fast becoming the next most likely poster to end up perm banned for lack of quality posting if not for the trolling and generally stirring up threads you have been doing recently. You do have some standing up for you because of the quality of the pregame posts you make when you break down games and post pictures. Those are great posts.

The problem is once the games start your full on retard comes out. Seriously. I'm not the only one that rolls my eyes at every one of your posts in game where you play commentator and tell us the down and distance. I mean we can see that for ourselves on the fucking TV you tool. Then there is your stupid baseless attacks on some teams/games while giving a free pass on others for doing the very same thing. You earned your time out during the Rose Bowl and I'm not the only one that noticed you didn't troll the other BCS games saying what shit they were when all of them had worse defenses than the Stanford MSU game. You have a tremendous bias and an agenda to your posting and it gets old.

I don't think you will end up perm banned like this poster suggests, but it isn't because this place wouldn't be better without your drama, but rather you have a couple of mods in your corner that seriously allow you far more rope than the average fuck would get.

LvilleSooner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we're hearing now is that Clint Hurtt may be the hold up. Charlie wants to bring him along but his Miami baggage & the two year show cause may be too much for Texas to carry.

Stay tuned...

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So UConn & Cincy carrying your torch > FSU & Clemson?

:L ugh fuckin' 'eer fans.

This is why VPI fans should not be granted internet access. Why don't you try a reading comprehension class.

Ahh you fucking turkey's are retarded, stupid hill jacks. Gobble Gobble

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we're hearing now is that Clint Hurtt may be the hold up. Charlie wants to bring him along but his Miami baggage & the two year show cause may be too much for Texas to carry.

Stay tuned...

Seent. Monitoring.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strong isn't even Patterson's first Black HC choice, it was Franklin at Vandy, but that did not go over at all...Patterson was told to go after Briles, but Patterson half-azzed it and pizzed off certain big donors in the process, and so, Briles, who was actually interested, felt Patterson WASN'T honorable in how he dealing with him and the process, so, he politely told TX to go F-themselves...the Mora thing was a red herring and just bs put out by Patterson to make it seem like he was "trying" to move away from Franklin in his search...it was never legit...Saban/Jimbo never had a real shot after the Mackster incident due to Powers not wanting "dirty recruiting"...this is really about Saban, but, Jimbo is now lumped in with him by "friends" of the Mackster and Powers wasn't going to allow any real movement toward Jimbo...threatening Powers did nothing to move him from this perch because he is not up for review again in time to make any difference when the Hire is now...so, Patterson, pizzed he could not sell Franklin, opted for Strong(he interviewed Franklin a while back, well before Strong)...Strong is Patterson's power move vs the Big Money, who are split between names like Gruden, Jimbo, Saban, etc...they are not united, therefore, lack the clout they had as one group to remove the Mackster...Strong is a quality hire, just underwhelming in comparison to who TX OUGHT to be able to hire...Patterson let it be known that Dodds didn't exactly light it up with hires after Akers and no one truly knew The Mackster would do as well as he did, so, let it play out...its almost as if he is trying to buy a couple of mulligans...also, Patterson is more concerned with Sumlin and his recruiting success at ATM than Stoops at OU...I heard he thinks there is a good chance Bob moves on soon...not sure why he thinks that...maybe its from dealing with a bunch of agents recently...this hire is ALL ON PATTERSON, and if Strong does not do well, this will reflect all on him...risky...I honestly think that OU dodge a bullet that UT did not hire Luck instead...Patterson doesn't seem to have the "grace" to run BELLMONT...he is like a bull in a china shop worried his nutsack is about to be snipped...as far as Strong, like I posted, I think this is a good but not great hire for TX IF Strong actually accepts it(he toyed with TENN last year)...I think he will improve TX and they can become a disciplined tough team, but I want to see him have to coach against better coaches than what he faced at Louisville(see Patterson at TCU)...his recruiting is not as above board as the Mackster, so, with a lot more scrutiny, we shall see how that plays out as well.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
latest news I got: Talk that Strong was going to bring his entire staff is breaking apart and buzz around Louisville is that's not going to happen. Also, that reason the deal to go to Tennessee last year broke down because he wanted to bring Hurtt and Tennessee said no. Also, the name listed as replacements for Strong are: Petrino, Rich Rod, Tony Levine Chad Morriss. Not sure what happened to Cutcliff?
Also, that a plane is picking up Jurich, or is on the way.