• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Julius Thomas to the Raiders?

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RaidaDave, i agree.. Cobb and Torrey Smith would be sweet to add the the WRs core!! That could free up our draft pick to pick up say Shane Ray, Big Cat etc.. I would just hate to pass up Cooper!! He reminds me of Tim Brown, Watkins, same type of game.. Cooper would thrive in the O Musgrave is going to install.. On D?? Suh is the prize, but for his price or a little more, you could add say Knighton and JPP..
DT would be set with Jelly, Knighton, Antonio Smith, McGee and Sims if we choose.. JPP and Tuck along with Mayowa, CJ Wilson, and Draft pick at DE.. Alot of things we could do.. eh??

That's what I was thinking as well. Also, if Mariota is still there at #4, the Eagles may be willing to part with some draft picks to move up.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya RaidaDave, Mariota falling to 4 would be great!! We could plunder PHILLY for most of their picks.. Maybe snag Shady McCoy from them as well.. The Browns 2 firsts would be in play as well.. What did coach Flip say?? I don't know if our QB is on this team.. Im thinking the Browns want to trade up for Mariota as well.. Or maybe they might want to trade up for Cooper?? If they roll with JF?? Cooper the best WR in the draft by far imo.. With the 2 first you draft Gordon, and either White or Parker depending which one is there.. Or just stay at 4, and pick either Big Cat, Cooper, Ray, etc, either way we win.. imo

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree...I'm saying that the decision to pass wasn't the worst decision but it was more the play call of how they decided to pass. Now if it were me I hand the ball off 3 straight plays to Lynch if that is what it takes to score. If they don't then I can live with that decision as I know I put the ball in the players' hands that I thought gave us the best chance to win that game. I don't blame them though for wanting to put it in Russell Wilson's hands. He is a great player that is about to make some major money. It just seems like the play call was to have him pass to his weakest spot on the field. His height does limit his ability to pass over the middle in such tight windows so because of that to then make the decision that you are going to pass using his weakest area just makes 0 sense. Again why if I am the Seahawks if I make the decision to pass it is with Wilson on the move where he can then decide to pass or run instead of just keeping him in the pocket. He had been running well all night yet they then eliminate that part of his game on the play. The whole thing just makes 0 sense.

I thought it was an obviously risky call, and yet many comments were directed at the time remaining I guess, "they had to have one pass play" was what I heard several times after the intro, but no doubt that was a strange call. Wilson could have checked down, but he went ahead and made the quick throw, which lead his receiver too far and a miraculous recovery by the DB to get in front of it. In hindsight it was a pretty stupid call with the game on the line, but such is life, stupid decisions made every day.

That cocky attitude probably cost the Hawks a SB ring.........................................................................

just sayin.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's just me but both teams managed the clock terribly. BB didn't call timeouts at the end and Pete Carroll called timeouts when the clock was already stopped. Weird ending.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Tuck and CWood are recruiting Suh pretty hard eh?? I don't blame them!! Heck Suh is a TOP 2 D player in all the game of football.. Man can you imagine Suh and JPP on the Raider DL?? Freakin WOW!!
I think the Raiders are going after some TOP FAs this year, for both O and D.. It remains to be seen whether we get them or not, but they will try!! Big Cat has openly said he wants the Raiders to draft him!!
And we all have heard Knighton and JT both say they want to be Raiders!! So that's a start.. And all 3 are BIG TIME players!!
The good news is, the Raiders know Carr is the meal ticket, like ALL QBs are!! And have said the will give him more weapon so he can reach MAX level.. Be it FA or the draft?? Carr will get more weapons.. Yup!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SO, Wiz2 might not come back to the Raiders eh?? Man that makes 95% of the Raider fan base happy!!
They hate the guy, and want him gone!! Hey 25 year old starting Centers grow on tree's!! We can get one of those anywhere!! Why the heck should we want our 25 year old building block Center?? Only a FOOL would want a player like that eh?? SMH!! If Wiz2 goes and plays like a Pro Bowl player for some other team, ALL those that want him gone will be CRYING!! FIRE EVERYBODY right??
I just don't understand the Fan Base at times.. KEEP WIZ2!! PAY HIM!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the knock on Cooper from Raider fans is?? WELL HE IS NOT 6-4!! Lmao..
Don't we have plenty of WRs that are that big already?? Give me a football player!! Not some combine freak.. I want a guy that's a YAC Machine!! A dude that can HIT you DEEP MID SHORT!! Line up anywhere you want, and that knows the Pro Game already!! A guy that will thrive in an Up Tempo scheme..
Hmmmm What player fits that?? And only 20 years old.. And he played NFL D talent most games he played in.. Everybody pretty much says he's the best WR in the draft, and one of the BEST players in this whole draft!! But we don't want him, just like we don't want Wiz2.. If we don't want top rated players?? What do we want??

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SO, Wiz2 might not come back to the Raiders eh?? Man that makes 95% of the Raider fan base happy!!
They hate the guy, and want him gone!! Hey 25 year old starting Centers grow on tree's!! We can get one of those anywhere!! Why the heck should we want our 25 year old building block Center?? Only a FOOL would want a player like that eh?? SMH!! If Wiz2 goes and plays like a Pro Bowl player for some other team, ALL those that want him gone will be CRYING!! FIRE EVERYBODY right??
I just don't understand the Fan Base at times.. KEEP WIZ2!! PAY HIM!!

I actually saw that and jumped for joy in the hopes the Broncos might get him. He doesn't want a ton of money either (something like $3 million a year). Wouldn't mind one bit to see him in Bronco Orange and Blue. He would be welcomed by a fan base that likes their players!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd you need to keep your hands off Wiz2.. You guys can't have him.. If any player were to leave the Raiders for an AFC West team ok sheet happens, but NOT Wiz2.. His Raider Bloodlines run deep!!
Heck the Bolts Center retired as well, so you know they will be in the market for a center as well..
Ugh..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd you need to keep your hands off Wiz2.. You guys can't have him.. If any player were to leave the Raiders for an AFC West team ok sheet happens, but NOT Wiz2.. His Raider Bloodlines run deep!!
Heck the Bolts Center retired as well, so you know they will be in the market for a center as well..
Ugh..

From what I have read the Raiders offered him a pretty decent contract and he turned it down so doesn't sound like he wants to stay with the Raiders so looks like he is going elsewhere to finish up his career.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd we can put the Tag on him, so it's up to the Raiders if Wiz2 plays for some other team next year..
Its really not cool talking about snagging Wiz2 from us cd.. And yet it's ok for Raider fans to talk about snagging the young talent you guys have.. That's how it works dude..
DevilMan, im sort of there with ya.. But his talent is just to good to not take a look.. Let's see what kind of cash he wants..

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on Cooper that's who I wod really like to see them draft. Don't want to see wiz2 go. And like you said thimas depends on money

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im right there with ya on Coop.. Man that dude reminds me of Timmy.. He can do it ALL.. Only few WRs can do what he does.. In FA, Wiz2 and Hudson are the best Centers by FAR.. And KC would be dumb not to at least Franchise Hudson!! So that leaves some old retread Centers left in FA.. Then we would have to spend a draft pick on one when that draft pick could go to LB, RB,DL, Or even some OT to groom behind Penn?? And JT to me is a TD maker, just what we need, more TDs.. Again like you said, at the right price though..

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im right there with ya on Coop.. Man that dude reminds me of Timmy.. He can do it ALL.. Only few WRs can do what he does.. In FA, Wiz2 and Hudson are the best Centers by FAR.. And KC would be dumb not to at least Franchise Hudson!! So that leaves some old retread Centers left in FA.. Then we would have to spend a draft pick on one when that draft pick could go to LB, RB,DL, Or even some OT to groom behind Penn?? And JT to me is a TD maker, just what we need, more TDs.. Again like you said, at the right price though..

Centers are pretty much unfranchiseable, Idaho- that's why I am so worried about Hudson. He would be getting paid like a LT at Center at over 10M. Just can't do it. We're definitely in a spot where we could hemorrhage some guys like Tamba Hali, DeVito, Bowe, etc because I'd be shocked to see Dorsey not sign up coming studs in their mid 20's; would be very un-Packerlike. I'd be pretty pissed if Rodney Hudson was let go with how bad our O-line was. We'd have 0 even average starters on the OL prior to the draft.

Last edited by a moderator:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd we can put the Tag on him, so it's up to the Raiders if Wiz2 plays for some other team next year..
Its really not cool talking about snagging Wiz2 from us cd.. And yet it's ok for Raider fans to talk about snagging the young talent you guys have.. That's how it works dude..
DevilMan, im sort of there with ya.. But his talent is just to good to not take a look.. Let's see what kind of cash he wants..

Didn't mean for it to come across in any mean way Idaho...I just like one of your guys as a good fit for the Broncos just like you like JT and Knighton as a good fit for you guys. I haven't once said you guys shouldn't go after those guys. I've given you what I hope is a better idea of what to expect from them as I have watched pretty much every snap the two of them have played the last 2 years. Both would be great pick ups for you guys at the right price just like they would be great resigns for the Broncos at the right price. Now when it comes to Wiz2 I'm just repeating what I have heard media wise in the Raiders offered him a contract and he turned it down and would rather test FA. That doesn't mean he won't return to the Raiders though as he could just be seeing how other teams value him and then deciding if the Raiders value him more. Now with the Tag thing that would be a pretty stupid decision honestly. You are talking about using $12 million on a guy to play Center. It just isn't going to happen. Heck from what he has said you could get a 4-year $12 million deal done from what he is wanting to get paid. So money wise it would be a very very bad decision. Good player but not worth Franchise Left Tackle type money.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can he even block? But that would not be a problem the Raiders would care about... would they? I mean he has the talent and can stretch the field when healthy and we all know how badly the Raiders need someone like that.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't mean for it to come across in any mean way Idaho...I just like one of your guys as a good fit for the Broncos just like you like JT and Knighton as a good fit for you guys. I haven't once said you guys shouldn't go after those guys. I've given you what I hope is a better idea of what to expect from them as I have watched pretty much every snap the two of them have played the last 2 years. Both would be great pick ups for you guys at the right price just like they would be great resigns for the Broncos at the right price. Now when it comes to Wiz2 I'm just repeating what I have heard media wise in the Raiders offered him a contract and he turned it down and would rather test FA. That doesn't mean he won't return to the Raiders though as he could just be seeing how other teams value him and then deciding if the Raiders value him more. Now with the Tag thing that would be a pretty stupid decision honestly. You are talking about using $12 million on a guy to play Center. It just isn't going to happen. Heck from what he has said you could get a 4-year $12 million deal done from what he is wanting to get paid. So money wise it would be a very very bad decision. Good player but not worth Franchise Left Tackle type money.

Hell, how long has Sottile gone on after departing the Raiders?