• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Julius Thomas to the Raiders?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"@Julius_Thomas says becoming a #Raiders TE next season is a possibility. He'll wait and see if they reach out. Grew up a Raiders fan."

Thomas caught 65 passes for 788 yards (12.1ypc) in 2013 with 12 TD's.

This past season he caught 43 passes for 489 yards (11.4ypc) for another 12 TD's.

What do you y'all think?

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas and Rivera would be killer!! And ya he would cost a ton of cash, good thing we have a TON of cash.. JDR knows him better than any fan, and if he wants him, and if he hits the market?? Reggie would get him..

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overrated , too expensive and seems to get dinged up easily.

Raider material for sure.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
24 TDs in two years is overrated?? You have some pretty high standards.. Shoot if we had a guy with 24 TDs in two years, i would be pimping him as a top 5 player.. Word has it, he turned down 8M a year from Elway?? That's alot of loot for an overrated player eh.. The dude is a TD machine.. And Maybe the dude just wants to go play in front of his dad, who is a Raider season ticket holder?? I don't blame him so would I..
Let's see what JDR thinks.. He has the scoop on him.. What's the scoop on Knighton?? Too fat, lazy, hates the game?? Or is he one of the better DTs in the game??

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
24 TDs in two years is overrated?? You have some pretty high standards.. Shoot if we had a guy with 24 TDs in two years, i would be pimping him as a top 5 player.. Word has it, he turned down 8M a year from Elway?? That's alot of loot for an overrated player eh.. The dude is a TD machine.. And Maybe the dude just wants to go play in front of his dad, who is a Raider season ticket holder?? I don't blame him so would I..
Let's see what JDR thinks.. He has the scoop on him.. What's the scoop on Knighton?? Too fat, lazy, hates the game?? Or is he one of the better DTs in the game??

I didn't say he wasn't talented. His inability to block (at all) and his tendency to miss games with injury are his downsides. Mostly he was a great third down and red zone option. Not an every down tight end, especially for a team trying to establish a consistent running game.

It will be interesting to see what his production will be without Manning throwing him the ball.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say overrated but hard to rate due to team he was on. Demaryius Thomas, Emanuel sanders, strong running game etc. kind of like James jones. I'm not so sure jones is what fans thought they were getting. 1 100 yard game in Oakland. "IF" Julius Thomas ends up on raiders many fans will be looking for his production to closely match what it was in Denver.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The truth is, i don't know alot about the guy.. Just what i see and read.. And man what i see and read i like!!
He's young, big and fast, and is a VERY VERY hard cover.. Remember the Raiders were a top team in RedZonze Offense last year, with really no weapons.. If you can add a guy like JT, well you get the point..
The dude is just a great talent.. You can teach blocking, you can't teach speed and hands in which he has.. I think his production would stay the same with Carr.. Look at Rivera numbers, and who do you think is better?? Again, i will leave this up to JDR.. If we pass?? Then he's not the guy for us!!
I will tell you this?? Elway offering him 8M a year says ALOT.. If in fact he did offer that..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet Elway is starting to panic, after hearing that his young super talented TE wants to join his blood rival Oakland Raiders!! Let's see who he puts the franchise tag on?? DT or JT?? Or sign one and franchise the other.. Elway is just not going to let him walk without a fight imo..

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper/Reece/Thomas would be a good set of weapons.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"@Julius_Thomas says becoming a #Raiders TE next season is a possibility. He'll wait and see if they reach out. Grew up a Raiders fan."

Thomas caught 65 passes for 788 yards (12.1ypc) in 2013 with 12 TD's.

This past season he caught 43 passes for 489 yards (11.4ypc) for another 12 TD's.

What do you y'all think?

We lost our last all-pro to Seattle, I LOVE IT!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those JT rumors are really starting to pick up.. Hmmmm.. Their DT wants to go to Oakland too..
Now there's a guy that would look sweet playing next to Jelly!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idaho here is the scoop on the kid. He really is a great talent especially in the Red Zone. He has great hands, decent speed, and obviously good size to match up well in that area. With JT though comes a ton of negatives. He grew up a basketball player and only the last year or two of college even considered football. So honestly football is not his top passion. He would still rather play basketball. That also has shown up in he does not like to play if he is hurt in any way. He doesn't know how to handle the fact that every year you are going to be dinged up as a player so if he even scrapes his elbow he will sit out a game and just won't compete if the team does make him play. It is why this past season he had 12 touchdowns in like 8 games but then hurt his ankle and never had another touchdown the rest of the season.

That isn't even his biggest knock though. Blocking is his biggest issue. He is down right the worst blocking TE I have ever seen. Heck we have Wes Welker at 180 lbs. blocking ten times better than what JT has done. At the beginning of the season I would say about half our negative run plays were because JT absolutely even refused to block his guy. He sometimes just stood straight up and didn't even lay a hand on his guy. You say blocking can be taught which is true but effort can't. He just doesn't view blocking as a priority and is too worried about getting hurt on a play that he doesn't have the ball.

So is he worth having on your team...Well I would say yes and no. It depends on the price. If he is wanting $8 million a year and the Raiders give that to him honestly every Bronco fan will be jumping for joy that you guys just wasted so much money on a guy that will most likely play only half the season and is very limited to being a situational player (3rd down and Red Zone).

Knighton would be the guy you guys should be targeting from our team. When he is on his game there are maybe only 5 better DT's in the entire NFL. The issue with Knighton has nothing to do with his play on the field but more just weight issues. He got fined big time in Denver for being overweight and it showed at the beginning of the season. He doesn't put the effort into the off season that you hope for so it takes him about half the season to get to the point you need him at. Throw in at least for the Broncos he actually played less than 50% of the defensive snaps for the year. You usually like your starting DT to play at least half the snaps on defense. Again though this is the guy I am hoping the Broncos don't let go especially if we are switching to the 3-4 defense that many expect as he would be a perfect NT in that defense. He has said he wants to stay in Denver. Right after the season ended he was talking a bit differently because he didn't think the team was that interested in keeping him but I think that has changed and now he is saying he would rather take a home town discount to stay with the Broncos as he wants to play for a winning organization more than take the money.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see MD & RM overpaying for JT. All the things mentioned above are very apparent & will be heavily considered. If we were talking about D Thomas, then that's a whole other story.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see MD & RM overpaying for JT. All the things mentioned above are very apparent & will be heavily considered. If we were talking about D Thomas, then that's a whole other story.

Yep. I think DT will get Franchised. Denver can't let him get away.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well I can say with about 99% certainty the Broncos are not letting D. Thomas leave. Some pretty strong rumors suggest he is the top priority to resign this off season and the team is willing to Franchise Tag him if that is what it takes to give them more time to sign him long term. He has shown to be one of the top-5 WR's in the NFL and I think most know Manning, while he has helped, is not the sole reason that D. Thomas is a great receiver. He was showing big play ability long before Manning showed up. Julius Thomas on the other hand is going to have to show that he is more than just a Manning product. Without Manning Julius has done nothing in his career and throw in Manning has made a career out of some mediocre TE's becoming household names.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

24TDs in 2 yrs...you can't really look at that solely from a Raider standpoint because of the QB throwing to him in DEN. Count on that figure going down considerably...maybe 5 to 6 TDs per season.

Another team that has cash and needs/wants a pass catching TE...ATL. Doubtfull they will pay that ($8mil per) kind jack for him though.

In the end I think he should've taken the money DEN was offering.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
24TDs in 2 yrs...you can't really look at that solely from a Raider standpoint because of the QB throwing to him in DEN. Count on that figure going down considerably...maybe 5 to 6 TDs per season.

Another team that has cash and needs/wants a pass catching TE...ATL. Doubtfull they will pay that ($8mil per) kind jack for him though.

In the end I think he should've taken the money DEN was offering.

Essentially at that point when the Broncos offered him that deal (not sure it was quite the $8 million that some have talked about) his stock had never been higher. He was wracking up touchdowns left and right and screaming this is too F***ing easy at the cameras. He thought that he was going to continue at that rate and would be able to easily demand Gronk and Graham type money for the position. Well of course then once again his ankle gave out on him and I think people saw what the limitations are with him now. I agree with most other quarterbacks he is probably a 5-6 touchdown type guy. Maybe 10 depending if the team actually has a pretty good offense. I could see him actually going to the Falcons as that pairing with Matt Ryan just makes too much sense. He loves his AFC West pass catching TE's that played basketball. He is then going to a team that is geared towards the pass (sounds like Raiders want to work more with the run game compared to that of the Falcons) and has a quarterback that can take advantage of his skill set.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I can say with about 99% certainty the Broncos are not letting D. Thomas leave. Some pretty strong rumors suggest he is the top priority to resign this off season and the team is willing to Franchise Tag him if that is what it takes to give them more time to sign him long term. He has shown to be one of the top-5 WR's in the NFL and I think most know Manning, while he has helped, is not the sole reason that D. Thomas is a great receiver. He was showing big play ability long before Manning showed up. Julius Thomas on the other hand is going to have to show that he is more than just a Manning product. Without Manning Julius has done nothing in his career and throw in Manning has made a career out of some mediocre TE's becoming household names.

Never meant to say we would get DT. Just saying that's the type of guy we pay big bucks for.