• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Julius Thomas to the Raiders?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,831.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you see him.....welcome, FlaDave.

He's a newbie and a Raider fan.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on getting some D players.. Knighton or Suh would be a good start, but we only need one of them.. Remember we have ALL- Rookie DT Jelly Ellis.. It would be a waste of money getting both Knighton and Suh, with other needs.. What the Raiders need to do is load up on weapons on the O side of the ball.. We have a young QB that needs all the tools we can get him in order further his development..
A season will always come down to QB play, always.. Look at KC?? Great D, but other than Charles they have no weapons.. Look how the Colts did it.. Draft Luck, and load the weapons for Luck.. Now they will work on the D this offseason, and might win the SB next year.. Give me JT, Cobb and Draft Cooper, and i will show you a team that will score points.. The Raider D played good in alot of games, we just couldn't score points, cuz we had no weapons.. Who would have a bigger impact on a team with no O weapons??
A D player or an O player?? Say Cooper or Gregory??

Well let's see the two teams in the Super Bowl this year are there because of great defensive play so I would say I would much rather have a great defense than a great offense at this point in the NFL. It does seem when a great defense meets a great offense the defense still seems to have the advantage at this point in the NFL.

Also on them already having a decent DT so not needing both. I guess it would depend which one you get then. IF you get Suh then I can understand it a bit more but Knighton didn't even play 50% of the defensive snaps this past season so it means you need another quality DT that can be added to the rotation with maybe starter quality ability. Just having a great starting 11 on both sides of the ball doesn't cut it anymore. You have to have great depth if you want to succeed because you can't depend on the team staying healthy all year and you can't have all those players in 100% of the time when they are healthy. So getting a great rotation especially on the inside of the defense to me is key to having a great defense. Look at Seattle in they had their best DT go down this year but they had great depth behind him that was still able to produce well.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, we still have Antonio Smith under contract as well, a little long in the tooth but still a good player..
And i agree every team needs a good D.. But without a QB all you will be is the Bills and Browns.. Good, but not good enough.. ANd i sort of disagree on the 2 teams in the SB.. Make no mistake Brady and RW are a HUGE reason they are playing in the SB.. oh whats up Fladave??

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ, his SN is RaidaDave.. What up Raider Fan..

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,831.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. I had to work today, just a partial day.....but I had to go in since it's EOM.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh, but we have to do what what we have to do..Shout out to the Black Widow!! Remember her?? To bad she left eh?? Gotta roll brother.. I shall be back..

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,831.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derek Carr should have been the offensive rookie of the year, not Teddy Bridgewater.

Just my opinion.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QBs WIN and LOSE games!! Always has been always will be.. Now with that out of the way, let's get Carr some WEAPONS!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So everybody is second guessing that goal line call eh?? While i would of gave Beast Mode the ball one more time, i could live with that call.. You live a die with the ball in your SuperStar QBs hands!!
RW makes that pass, he would be the hero, and everybody would say how great he is!! We all know the drill.. Its a QB league!! With the game on the line, a Coach will ALWAYS put the ball in the superstar QBs hands.. It is what it is..
Let's just be happy that this season that was full of Women hitting, drugs, guns, CHEATING, Goodell, the REFS, etc, is OVER!! New HOPE football fans is just around the corner..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So everybody is second guessing that goal line call eh?? While i would of gave Beast Mode the ball one more time, i could live with that call.. You live a die with the ball in your SuperStar QBs hands!!
RW makes that pass, he would be the hero, and everybody would say how great he is!! We all know the drill.. Its a QB league!! With the game on the line, a Coach will ALWAYS put the ball in the superstar QBs hands.. It is what it is..
Let's just be happy that this season that was full of Women hitting, drugs, guns, CHEATING, Goodell, the REFS, etc, is OVER!! New HOPE football fans is just around the corner..

I understand you want the ball in your quarterback's hands but when Beastmode was just running over people left and right that 4th quarter (you could tell the defense was tired of getting hit by him) it just doesn't make sense to take the ball out of his hands. Throw in the pass that was made was the most dangerous in football in my opinion. If you are going to pass then do a corner route. Don't pass right into the middle of the defense where say a pass can get deflected at the LOS or bounce off a receivers hands. It was the riskiest call they could have made for that situation. I understand with great risk sometimes comes great reward but handing off to Beastmode is a lot lower risk with more probability for greater return. Again I don't blame them for trying to pass and put the ball in Russell Wilson's hands. Just the playcall in itself though. Wilson's greatest attribute as a quarterback is his legs so get a play where he gets out of the pocket so he can choose to run or pass or like I said go corner route where the receiver is the only one who can catch it. All those things make much more sense than what they actually did.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd,, while i would of gave the BeastMode one more shot, i can live with that call.. RW is their franchise QB and you live and die with his arm.. Seattle is getting ready to give him 150M or so contract, so if you can't trust him to make that play, then why pay him?? Brady, PM, Rogers would of all passed the ball on that goal line with the SB on the line.. Great players win SBs!! You put the ball in the Franchise hand, and say win or lose it.. Its your ball.. Again, if he makes that pass?? What would we all be saying right now??
And remember, the D players get paid as well, to make great plays..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd,, while i would of gave the BeastMode one more shot, i can live with that call.. RW is their franchise QB and you live and die with his arm.. Seattle is getting ready to give him 150M or so contract, so if you can't trust him to make that play, then why pay him?? Brady, PM, Rogers would of all passed the ball on that goal line with the SB on the line.. Great players win SBs!! You put the ball in the Franchise hand, and say win or lose it.. Its your ball.. Again, if he makes that pass?? What would we all be saying right now??
And remember, the D players get paid as well, to make great plays..

Again not disagreeing with the decision to pass. I have no problem with them putting the ball in Wilson's hands and like you said all those quarterbacks you put it in their hands to make a play. I am more having issue with the actual play call of where to pass it. They were in a more goal line type defense so that means one on one match ups on the outside. They had been winning with Chris Matthews (the 6'4" WR) to outjump everybody all game long yet then when it is the most important play of the game they decide to pass right to where there were about 4 Patriot players. 1 on 4 usually ends well for the team with the 4 guys around. It was just a very dangerous play call for the situation where they still have 3 downs, a time out, and plenty of time on the clock. Throw in like I said there was no better running quarterback in the NFL this past season than that of Russell Wilson yet they do a play that forces him to stay in the pocket. They are taking away his greatest strength, throwing to the place that actually is his weakest spot passing wise on the field, into a situation that has 4 Patriot players right in that spot and only one Seahawks player. The odds of that play even with their elite quarterback ending well were still slim to none. Yes they could have gotten a touchdown and honestly I would be saying the same thing that they took too big of a risk and got lucky. I would say the same thing if the Broncos did it with Manning.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what makes Bilecheat a great coach.. Mathews was burning them, so he put's the 6-4 Browner on him and shuts him down.. Again, could they have called a better pass play?? Sure!! But im putting the ball in the franchise hands, and telling him to win or lose the SB.. Im sorry buts its just the way i see it..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the second guessing by the Media and fans is about over.. We see that it was the right call, it was just a great play by some DB that NO ONE has ever heard of that made a great play!! Thus a legend is born.. No it wasn't Sherman or Revis or the other Great DBs, that made that play!! But a dude that nobody has EVER heard of.. That's how legends are born!! Well, im ready for RAIDER FOOTBALL talk!! Knighton is the guy i want!!

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, CD. That would have made much more sense if you're going to pass it but Marshawn had just finished pushing the ball to the 1 yard line, did the 'Hawks coaching staff really doubt that he could get 1 more yard?

Seahawks just tried to get too cute. Sometimes you try to outthink the opponent and only end up outwitting yourself.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas has said that he was a Raider fan growing up and that he would love to come to the East Bay.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think pulling the trigger on this will depend on the status of David Ausburry. We keep hearing that this is DA's year and every year he is out with an injury.

I think the real improvements would lie in going after Randall Cobb and Torrey Smith.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, CD. That would have made much more sense if you're going to pass it but Marshawn had just finished pushing the ball to the 1 yard line, did the 'Hawks coaching staff really doubt that he could get 1 more yard?

Seahawks just tried to get too cute. Sometimes you try to outthink the opponent and only end up outwitting yourself.

I agree...I'm saying that the decision to pass wasn't the worst decision but it was more the play call of how they decided to pass. Now if it were me I hand the ball off 3 straight plays to Lynch if that is what it takes to score. If they don't then I can live with that decision as I know I put the ball in the players' hands that I thought gave us the best chance to win that game. I don't blame them though for wanting to put it in Russell Wilson's hands. He is a great player that is about to make some major money. It just seems like the play call was to have him pass to his weakest spot on the field. His height does limit his ability to pass over the middle in such tight windows so because of that to then make the decision that you are going to pass using his weakest area just makes 0 sense. Again why if I am the Seahawks if I make the decision to pass it is with Wilson on the move where he can then decide to pass or run instead of just keeping him in the pocket. He had been running well all night yet they then eliminate that part of his game on the play. The whole thing just makes 0 sense.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RaidaDave, i agree.. Cobb and Torrey Smith would be sweet to add the the WRs core!! That could free up our draft pick to pick up say Shane Ray, Big Cat etc.. I would just hate to pass up Cooper!! He reminds me of Tim Brown, Watkins, same type of game.. Cooper would thrive in the O Musgrave is going to install.. On D?? Suh is the prize, but for his price or a little more, you could add say Knighton and JPP..
DT would be set with Jelly, Knighton, Antonio Smith, McGee and Sims if we choose.. JPP and Tuck along with Mayowa, CJ Wilson, and Draft pick at DE.. Alot of things we could do.. eh??