• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jrue Holiday

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we had all this money and needed a guard so bad, then why did the Pelicans get him and we couldn't offer more?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we had all this money and needed a guard so bad, then why did the Pelicans get him and we couldn't offer more?

The Pelicans gave up the right to Noel, who could be the best player in this year's draft and what will be a 2014 late lottery pick. Since the 2014 draft is going to be a really good one, this trade may very well cripple the Pelicans.

Holiday is a nice player, but not worth all that. Be very glad you didn't pay more. The Sixers will almost assuredly win this deal long term.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pelicans gave up the right to Noel, who could be the best player in this year's draft and what will be a 2014 late lottery pick. Since the 2014 draft is going to be a really good one, this trade may very well cripple the Pelicans.

Holiday is a nice player, but not worth all that. Be very glad you didn't pay more. The Sixers will almost assuredly win this deal long term.

Yeah,
I would of been happy to throw in Brandon Knight or Stuckey and a draft pick or two for Holiday. Guy looks like he is on the verge of super stardom. Seems like the perfect compliment to Drummond/Monroe.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah,
I would of been happy to throw in Brandon Knight or Stuckey and a draft pick or two for Holiday. Guy looks like he is on the verge of super stardom. Seems like the perfect compliment to Drummond/Monroe.

For that price, sure. Nobody wants Stuckey, or Knight though.

What the Pelicans actually paid would be more like Pistons giving Drummond and a 1st round pick.

As for Holiday, he is among the league leaders in TOs and he is a streaky shooter. He is not very efficient. Fun to watch, yes, but not a budding superstar. If you can get him for a reasonable price, he would help, but the Pelicans paid too much.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For that price, sure. Nobody wants Stuckey, or Knight though.

What the Pelicans actually paid would be more like Pistons giving Drummond and a 1st round pick.

As for Holiday, he is among the league leaders in TOs and he is a streaky shooter. He is not very efficient. Fun to watch, yes, but not a budding superstar. If you can get him for a reasonable price, he would help, but the Pelicans paid too much.

Yeah, I think Drummond would be"untradeable" at this point. Not sure if Noel is on Drummonds level since he has not played a minute in the NBA, doesn't have the NBA body that Drummond has and a not 100% knee.

Not trying to get in an argument because I am sure you know much more about the NBA and Holiday than me but I watched the Toronto game and Holiday basically took the game over on offense and a key steal in the OT. Don't see many players do that outside of the Kobe,LeBron,Durant types. That is the reason I personally feel he is ready to move to superstar level. You are right about the jumper though, needs some work on it.