• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Norman to Washington

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best I can tell is his "Track Record" has ONE team in the SB with one win and one loss. Not bad but not quite a "Track Record" either.
Well, opinions vary for sure.

Scots history with scouting and talent evaluation going back to Ron Wolf and Green Bay, then the 49ers, then Seattle is a pretty solid resume.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised when i heard about J-No geting cut, but after seeing the Gettleman interview, he made a good argument they could do better things with the money. Glad Josh got paid, too. Just wasn't in the cards for us to keep Lotulelei, Short, and JN. The strength of the panthers D is the middle 3 (DT's and our MLB), and we have to stay intact in the trenches, that's the priority.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised when i heard about J-No geting cut, but after seeing the Gettleman interview, he made a good argument they could do better things with the money. Glad Josh got paid, too. Just wasn't in the cards for us to keep Lotulelei, Short, and JN. The strength of the panthers D is the middle 3 (DT's and our MLB), and we have to stay intact in the trenches, that's the priority.
that's the story gettleman is telling and who's to disagree at this point?
should be interesting to see how this plays out.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats wrong with being a message board jockey? :noidea:

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's the story gettleman is telling and who's to disagree at this point?
should be interesting to see how this plays out.

Of course the "trenches" are important. Redskins first pick will be DLine, or at least it should be. "How bout those cowboys"? I know you like Ramsey (i do as well), but do the Cowboys risk another DB pick in the top 10? We know how that Claiborne thing has worked out so far..."set the franchise back years" IMO...no, just kidding about that.

Bosa has to be the Cowboy pick if that's what you are selling PDay.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,747.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to nip the skins in the butt... I don't believe Norman will live up to expectations... The Panthers had a great defense - I don't see the same opportunity for him on the skins...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, opinions vary for sure.

Scots history with scouting and talent evaluation going back to Ron Wolf and Green Bay, then the 49ers, then Seattle is a pretty solid resume.

The majority of the Scotts track record is in scouting, what amount of power did he have as scouting

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The majority of the Scotts track record is in scouting, what amount of power did he have as scouting
Good article on him prior to him coming on board as the Skins GM

The NFL's best talent scout is self-employed and living on a farm

Excerpt

He has two Super Bowl rings locked in a safe. Each of the three teams for which he has worked in his 20 years in the NFL -- the Packers, two stints with the Seahawks, and the 49ers -- has reached the Super Bowl during his tenure or shortly afterward. McCloughan had a part in drafting six players who were on the Pro Bowl roster last season, including Patrick Willis and Vernon Davis. His report on Russell Wilson for the Seahawks a few years ago read: "Obviously we are really interested in passers with better height, but this guy may just be the exception to the rule. He has the 'it' factor."

So does McCloughan. He has an "exceptional ... uncanny" gift, in the words of his mentor and former boss Ron Wolf. It's why he named his business Instinctive Scouting. This morning, he is consumed with an FBS middle linebacker projected by many to be a sixth- or seventh-rounder. But on a play in which the linebacker sprints to the sideline to make a tackle on a bubble screen, McCloughan sees something others might miss. The linebacker smelled a screen before anyone else and was just fast enough to get to the receiver. "You can't teach that," McCloughan says. He leans forward, quietly rewinding split seconds of the clip again and again.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good article on him prior to him coming on board as the Skins GM

The NFL's best talent scout is self-employed and living on a farm

Excerpt

He has two Super Bowl rings locked in a safe. Each of the three teams for which he has worked in his 20 years in the NFL -- the Packers, two stints with the Seahawks, and the 49ers -- has reached the Super Bowl during his tenure or shortly afterward. McCloughan had a part in drafting six players who were on the Pro Bowl roster last season, including Patrick Willis and Vernon Davis. His report on Russell Wilson for the Seahawks a few years ago read: "Obviously we are really interested in passers with better height, but this guy may just be the exception to the rule. He has the 'it' factor."

So does McCloughan. He has an "exceptional ... uncanny" gift, in the words of his mentor and former boss Ron Wolf. It's why he named his business Instinctive Scouting. This morning, he is consumed with an FBS middle linebacker projected by many to be a sixth- or seventh-rounder. But on a play in which the linebacker sprints to the sideline to make a tackle on a bubble screen, McCloughan sees something others might miss. The linebacker smelled a screen before anyone else and was just fast enough to get to the receiver. "You can't teach that," McCloughan says. He leans forward, quietly rewinding split seconds of the clip again and again.

Even that article is crediting his scout years. All I'm saying is let's see how he does as the defacto GM before he's anounced Jesus. Nevermind I should be used to this since the same route is often used with each new Redskins QB.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea how anyone can question the track record of Sober Scott. He has proven to be one of the best talent evaluators in the league. When he had total control he turned around a Niners team that had struggled for years. His first draft and key low profile signings in Washington were big factors in turning a 5 win team into 10 wins. To be in any way critical of his accomplishments both as a personnel guy and as a GM is crazy talk.

Rasta

Another KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't you a message board jockey. Best I can tell is his "Track Record" has ONE team in the SB with one win and one loss. Not bad but not quite a "Track Record" either.

Lol. If you don't even know his track record with GB, SF & Seattle then no need to argue. Dude is one of the most respected talent evaluators out there.

And of course I am a message board jockey. I'm not the one on here telling folks that it was a bad deal. I was the one admitting that it may or may not work out.

Rasta

Another KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even that article is crediting his scout years. All I'm saying is let's see how he does as the defacto GM before he's anounced Jesus. Nevermind I should be used to this since the same route is often used with each new Redskins QB.

As with any GM, unless you win it all, you're going to be questioned. His track record as a scout is proven. It's clear as a Boys fan you're going to bash whatever the Skins do so we'll just go our separate ways.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. If you don't even know his track record with GB, SF & Seattle then no need to argue. Dude is one of the most respected talent evaluators out there.

And of course I am a message board jockey. I'm not the one on here telling folks that it was a bad deal. I was the one admitting that it may or may not work out.
What was his position with GB? As stated earlier Skin fans are often naming their next great thing their savior.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 620.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was his position with GB? As stated earlier Skin fans are often naming their next great thing their savior.

Great scout, great at evaluating talent. Has previous experience as GM of the 49ers, senior personnel executive of the Seahawks. I think he's been doing a good job as GM of the Redskins and was a great pick for that job. He's going to do good things for the Redskins IMO. Not sure why you would think otherwise, except he works for a division opponent.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Manster, this all you need to know.

Scot GM > Jerry GM

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would believe that finding and drafting players is his most important role by a long shot. Last year's draft was a very good indication that he is a good fit. Beyond that they have Allen to handle things like the salary cap. Why does the answer from the haters always have to be something along the lines of "It won't work because it is the Redskins". Can a team never change?

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would believe that finding and drafting players is his most important role by a long shot. Last year's draft was a very good indication that he is a good fit. Beyond that they have Allen to handle things like the salary cap. Why does the answer from the haters always have to be something along the lines of "It won't work because it is the Redskins". Can a team never change?

Manster has a drinking problem, not very rational these days. It's either because he's a Cowboy fan, or lives in Las Vegas...oh hell, it's both.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great scout, great at evaluating talent. Has previous experience as GM of the 49ers, senior personnel executive of the Seahawks. I think he's been doing a good job as GM of the Redskins and was a great pick for that job. He's going to do good things for the Redskins IMO. Not sure why you would think otherwise, except he works for a division opponent.
All I'm saying is I'd like to see a little more time where ultimate control was his. Skid fans have a habit of anointing a new savior yearly, on nothing more than hopes and dreams.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 620.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manster has a drinking problem, not very rational these days. It's either because he's a Cowboy fan, or lives in Las Vegas...oh hell, it's both.
Not sure talking about a drinking problem is something a Redskin fan should do while trying to defend their GM.