• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Hamilton in trouble again

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just read this. All should get on your knees and pray for Josh now !

Hamilton’s father-in-law, Michael Chadwick, who has previously counseled Hamilton over his substance issues, said the 33-year-old “hit a bump in the road, keep him in your prayers,” according to Newsday.

th

just a few.....

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd imagine Charles Barkley has an opinion about this clown and I'd love to hear it. :D

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some peopel just can't help themselves. Josh can't get out of his own way. As soon as things go good, he has to screw em up. From whip creamed strippers, to burning every fan who supported him blindly, to now the team that made him even more rich.

Seriously, fuck Josh Hamilton in the ear

Since Hamilton's debut, I have referred to him as "The Crackhead" on sports chat threads. Even when I was saying good things about his play, I'd call him The Crackhead.

The amount of fun I've had with folks who just had to support him and his plight is immeasurable. Alas, I think my days of riling folks up by calling The Crackhead "The Crackhead" are over. Sad, but true.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Hamilton's debut, I have referred to him as "The Crackhead" on sports chat threads. Even when I was saying good things about his play, I'd call him The Crackhead.

The amount of fun I've had with folks who just had to support him and his plight is immeasurable. Alas, I think my days of riling folks up by calling The Crackhead "The Crackhead" are over. Sad, but true.
new name : Trash Hamilton

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about one of the worst contracts ever. He is going to make 32.5 million in 2016 and 2017 and 25 million this year. Guy hasn't done anything for the angles. People want to talk about Arods contract at least he woman MVP and a championship. This guy shouldn't even be close to making 32 million a year. This contract is in my top 5 of all time Bad contracts.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the angels had to have a stipulation in that contract about drug related offenses. if they didn't, they deserve to eat the money

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too, fuck Arte Moreno

Hey - if he is suspended for the whole year it most likely benefit the Angels. They made a mistake with him but have plenty of other talent on the team. At least his replacement will probably be able to get a hit in the playoffs! One thing is for sure - the Angels will fare a hell of lot better than the Rangers this season.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey - if he is suspended for the whole year it most likely benefit the Angels. They made a mistake with him but have plenty of other talent on the team. At least his replacement will probably be able to get a hit in the playoffs! One thing is for sure - the Angels will fare a hell of lot better than the Rangers this season.

Unless he gets a lifetime ban Angels are still stuck w that contract, although it's likely pro rated for a suspension. If he gets suspended this year.

I don't know about a hell of a lot better than the Rangers, but you hope they fare better anyway, I'm sure. 162 games is a long season, lots can happen.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Angels' Hamilton likely to receive suspension

by Chris Cwik | CBSSports.com

Fri, 27 Feb 2015 2:05 AM ET

174916.jpg

Angels outfielder Josh Hamilton will likely be suspended for at least 25 games, according to FoxSports.com.

Hamilton met with Major League Baseball on Wednesday for a disciplinary hearing. CBSSports.com Baseball Insider Jon Heyman reported that Hamilton experienced a drug relapse a few months ago, and confessed that relapse to MLB.

This is technically Hamilton's second violation as a major-leaguer. Hamilton was on the Rays 40-man roster during his first suspension, making him a major-league player. Typically, players who violate their drug treatment program for the first time are subject to a 15-25 game suspension. Given that this is Hamilton's second violation of his drug treatment program, it's unclear how severe the punishment will be.

With that said, commissioner Rob Manfred is reportedly trying to be lenient with any punishment. The league has a "favorable view of Hamilton's efforts to remain sober." Since his return to the majors, Hamilton has spoken honestly about his struggles with addition.

On top of that, Manfred is concerned about making the punishment too harsh. Hamilton's past relaspes have come when he's been away from the game. Manfred reportedly is not close to making a final decision on Hamilton's punishment at this time.

Hamilton was already expected to miss the beginning of the season due to a shoulder surgery. It's unclear how much longer he'll be out due to a suspension.

25 games would be a fucking joke.

Yeah he deserves leniency, so he can fuck up again

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the minimum he's facing a serious suspension. MLB is treating this as his 4th or possibly 5th failed piss quiz and Hamilton has no room left. He's not Steve Howe and there will never be another one. It's impossible to believe the Angels don't have an out due to failed drug tests etc. However we must consider this : if Hamilton REALLY didn't fail a test this time and just turned himself in there's a reason for that. The reason is contract language. If his contract stipulates he has to "fail" a test in order for the contract to be voidable then Hamilton is doing the smart thing by turning himself in. Even with an unpaid suspension he will still be paid after the suspension is over if the Angels can't void the contract. My point is this , if he turned himself in then it's becuz of money , nothing else.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have 5 mins and care enough, read this...

"I said [back then], 'If these are things you struggle with and are not able to handle, then maybe baseball is not the profession you should be in,'" Silver said, bluntly, Thursday afternoon. "But I've said that from day one with Josh. When he walked into my facility in 2006, our goal was not to get him back on the baseball field. It was to get him home with his wife and his family."

Ken Caminiti could be with his loving wife and children right now but he ended up dying a miserable death. The ball is in Hamilton's court to decide what's important to him. I hope he makes the right choice because you can bet your ass all Arte Moreno cares about is his bottom line.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have 5 mins and care enough, read this...

Ken Caminiti could be with his loving wife and children right now but he ended up dying a miserable death. The ball is in Hamilton's court to decide what's important to him. I hope he makes the right choice because you can bet your ass all Arte Moreno cares about is his bottom line.

I'm not an expert on MLB contracts, but if someone in Hamilton's position cannot play, I can't imagine he gets any part of his salary. Also, since this is not Hamilton's first slip up, can Moreno give Hamilton his unconditional release while not owing him a dime on the remaining portion of his contract?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not an expert on MLB contracts, but if someone in Hamilton's position cannot play, I can't imagine he gets any part of his salary. Also, since this is not Hamilton's first slip up, can Moreno give Hamilton his unconditional release while not owing him a dime on the remaining portion of his contract?

If he walks away over something like this, I'd be shocked if he gets paid but I doubt seriously that Moreno can void the remainder of the contract. It'd be interesting to know for sure though. Surely the Angels weren't dumb enough not to cover their risk with a drug addict?

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he walks away over something like this, I'd be shocked if he gets paid but I doubt seriously that Moreno can void the remainder of the contract. It'd be interesting to know for sure though. Surely the Angels weren't dumb enough not to cover their risk with a drug addict?

Moreno can't get out of the contract by giving him any kind of release , unconditional or otherwise. A release has nothing to do with the contract obligations. Hamilton is going to be suspended , the only question is for how long. During that time the Angels will NOT be paying him , neither will anyone else. This is standard for suspensions. What's unknown is the language in Hamilton's contract with regards to the Angels getting out of the deal. It's impossible to believe the Angels would do this deal without a drug offense contingency which allows them to void the deal. Then again , Moreno has done some pretty fuckin stupid deals over the years so anything is possible I suppose. Don't overlook the significance of Hamilton turning himself in. He didn't do it becuz he woke up and felt bad/guilty. He did it because of contract language. If his contract refers to failing a MLB drug test as a means for the Angels to void his deal then Hamilton just avoided failing that test. Still it's difficult to believe the Angels would have language THAT simple in a contract of this size. I would think it's more general in that ANY drug related suspensions etc can lead to the Angels voiding the contract. We'll find out soon enough.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors of a 25 game suspension is BS. He's out for at least 25 games rehabbing, so its basically just a fine. It should be a lengthy suspension that actually sits his healthy ass on the bench.

JimmyT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for his family because every time he falls off the wagon it has to really tear at them. Such a talented player but he needs to get control over his demons. As many of us know, having an addiction means it is always there 24/7. I do hope he can get some help and find some healthy coping mechanisms.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors of a 25 game suspension is BS. He's out for at least 25 games rehabbing, so its basically just a fine. It should be a lengthy suspension that actually sits his healthy ass on the bench.
you can bet when he's healthy ,if ever , he will be sitting for a while. His suspension will not kick in until after he comes off the DL and you can bet it's gonna be more than 25 games. His ass is gonna sit and if we see him before the All Star break I'll be shocked.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about one of the worst contracts ever. He is going to make 32.5 million in 2016 and 2017 and 25 million this year. Guy hasn't done anything for the angles. People want to talk about Arods contract at least he woman MVP and a championship. This guy shouldn't even be close to making 32 million a year. This contract is in my top 5 of all time Bad contracts.

Yes..Texas Rangers fans had a very good laugh when the terms of that contract were announced.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes..Texas Rangers fans had a very good laugh when the terms of that contract were announced.

We laughed when we saw what Josh was getting, what CJ was getting, and what Puholes was getting. Arte should try standup.