• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Gordon, again!...

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you've done it. Here comes the hordes of dumbass pot heads who will cry foul until bed time (because... y'know... they're all are gonna be up bright & early for work tomorrow) saying weed is perfectly healthy.

People need to stop the idiotic comparison of marijuana to alcohol. Marijuana is a DRUG. Alcohol is converted by the body to sugar (glucose), which makes it a FOOD. Alcohol could help you if you're starving. NOT EVEN CLOSE TO THE SAME THING.

That's correct. It's not the same thing, nor does it produce the same dangers to the body. Most employers in our society don't want their employees to have drugs in their system. I see no reason why NFL players should be exempt.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L Yes, they should do blood tests for booze too. That make tons on sense.

Damn some of you guys are slow. I think it should not be treated any differently than booze in that I don't think they should blood test for it as they don't for booze. Capish ?

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rich hoodlum who's already been suspended for substance-abuse problems is driving around with a guy who has weed on him, and Gordon didn't have any? I'm sure he was just... what... giving the guy a ride to a job interview? :nod:

Yep. Definitely a job interview.

I was born in the morning, but I wasn't born this morning.

So now he's a hoodlum because he likes to smoke weed ? :L

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are alcoholics in the NFL, and not just recovering alcoholics, but pot is viewed as worse than alcohol (for good reason) and something they don't want their players to do, because of the mental and respirator damage to their system.

There is no evidence that pot is worse than booze and a ton that suggests just the opposite. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kid is an idiot obviously.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether you're for or against pot legalization, you have to admit it's very bad for your body. I mean, VERY bad. It negatively impacts your respiratory, memory, and decision-making, if continuously smoked. And it is highly addictive. Simply drinking alcohol in moderation does not. It's in fact very healthy for your system. Now, if you're going to argue the personal freedom argument, and say "Yes, it is bad for you, BUT you have the right to be stupid and use it in the privatize of your own home," then that's a legit argument.

Where do you get this crap ? ... and on one hand we have someone wjho "continuously smokes" while on the other there is everyone who "drinks in moderation". Way to stack the deck. Ridiculous.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you've done it. Here comes the hordes of dumbass pot heads who will cry foul until bed time (because... y'know... they're all are gonna be up bright & early for work tomorrow) saying weed is perfectly healthy.

People need to stop the idiotic comparison of marijuana to alcohol. Marijuana is a DRUG. Alcohol is converted by the body to sugar (glucose), which makes it a FOOD. Alcohol could help you if you're starving. NOT EVEN CLOSE TO THE SAME THING.

That's correct. It's not the same thing, nor does it produce the same dangers to the body. Most employers in our society don't want their employees to have drugs in their system. I see no reason why NFL players should be exempt.

You guys have to be the same person with 2 handles right ? We couldn't possibly have 2 people this clueless in this thread. So alcohol is actually just a starvation aid. Who knew ? :laugh3:

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alcohol is basically poison.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do you get this crap ? ... and on one hand we have someone wjho "continuously smokes" while on the other there is everyone who "drinks in moderation". Way to stack the deck. Ridiculous.

Do research on the subject matter.

There's no stacking the deck. I said drink in moderation vs. smoking pot everyday. If you drink alcohol everyday, but not in excess, you're not going to damage your body. But if you smoke pot everyday, then you're going to hurt your body and have a shorter lifespan, with more medical problems. Excess of anything is bad for you.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go...

Studies have actually shown that one joint a day INCREASES your lung capacity and strength by up to 20%.

With the current trend in vapes and edibles, it becomes even less dangerous, with plenty of studies showing edibles to be a miracle drug.

WITH THAT SAID.....The average NFL career is what...5 years? If you can't stop smoking weed for 5 years in return for millions of dollars, then you my friend, are FUCKING RETARDED!!!

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But bear, that's really not the point. We could say the same about ANY rule breaking but it doesn't justify the ridiculous persecution of it.

PED's are a manner of cheating because of the gained athleticism while weed, (WHINY FOOTBALL DUDE'S exaggerations aside) does not make one play better.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But bear, that's really not the point. We could say the same about ANY rule breaking but it doesn't justify the ridiculous persecution of it.

PED's are a manner of cheating because of the gained athleticism while weed, contrary to WHINY FOOTBALL DUDE'S exaggerations, does not make one play better.

It's a private business...they can set whatever rules they choose.

I don't agree with it, but it is their right.

I would quit ANYTHING you asked me to quit for the money they get.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a private business...they can set whatever rules they choose.

I don't agree with it, but it is their right.

I would quit ANYTHING you asked me to quit for the money they get.

No they can't nor can you in your private business.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....and yes, I too would quit for that money. That still doesn't make it right.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they believe allowing it will hurt their profit-margin...that's their prerogative.

Again, I don't agree with it...but it is what it is, and if you can't give it up for that kinda cash...well, you're a bib-wearing tard. Period.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do research on the subject matter.

There's no stacking the deck. I said drink in moderation vs. smoking pot everyday. If you drink alcohol everyday, but not in excess, you're not going to damage your body. But if you smoke pot everyday, then you're going to hurt your body and have a shorter lifespan, with more medical problems. Excess of anything is bad for you.

Someone who drinks everyday is likely to be obese and chemical dependent.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they can't nor can you in your private business.

Dude...it's against the law, regardless.

And yes, as a private business owner I can set whatever fucking rules I want, as long as they are not discriminatory in nature.

If I want you to wear a fucking toga to work....guess what, yer wearing a fucking toga or I'm firing your ass.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't hire ten year olds; you can't pay below minimum wage. There are any number of laws protecting worker's rights and their forth Amendment rights against unwarrented search should be no different.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's something for all you people whining and crying foul:

It's not just a rule. It's an agreement!

When any NFL player signs his contract, he agrees to abide by all the stipulations set forth under the collective bargaining agreement. One of those stipulations involves drug testing and rules set forth to govern them.

When Josh Gordon signed his contract, he agreed to be tested for and held accountable for smoking weed.

Whether you think weed is bad or not is irrelevant.

They have an agreement.

Josh broke the agreement.

Tough shit for Josh.