• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Brown Admits to Abusing Wife

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's kind of a pattern now. The NFL doesn't care about abuse against women unless it becomes public. Expect a Josh Brown suspension shortly.
Shit, the only reason Ray Rice's suspension was four games was because of the video.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is all public image. The NFL worked with Rice and even helped him get free of almost any consequence in the legal system. Once the video was made public though, they came back at him hard. Peterson hit his kid too close to the after math of Rice or he would have gotten a super light punishment as well.

I am curious to see if Goodell has the stones to come back around for a double jeopardy scenario like he did with Rice. He took a lot of crap for that, but he does not seem to mind who deplorable he is so I think it is on the table.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he does not get the same supension and treatment that Ray Rice received something is definately wrong. I would personally love to spend 10 minutes with him alone in a room with no windows and see how tough he thinks he is. Sorry but aside from pedophiles there is no less a human being than a man that thinks it is ok to put his hands on a woman. I would love the chance to beat his ass myself.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit, the only reason Ray Rice's suspension was four games was because of the video.

Exactly and that's how the fans and media see it too. Ray Rice has been a MUCH better boyfriend/fiance than Brandon Marshall. But his came out on tape. Goodell gave Ray Rice a harsher domestic violence suspension than MLB, NHL, Boxing, and the NBA have ever given down in their entire histories COMBINED and that was BEFORE the tape came out and the punishment was extended.

The NFL is in a crappy situation. In the past and in everyone else's life, the legal system punishes for this. So the NFL isn't there to provide another legal punishment, they are there to provide one that the media and fans enjoy seeing. And we know as fans there's nothing we all agree on (except Peyton is the greatest QB ever...:agree:)

So there they are with a union wanting a blanket light punishment for these things, fans wanting everything from a small fine to a lifetime ban, and there is no right answer. Every situation is so different. What happens with the actual trial doesn't matter. There is no good answer, other than take your best guess based on the evidence at the time and hope for the best.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the NFL/Giants want to get this right then they need to part ways with Brown for at least the rest of the year. Domestic violence is domestic violence whether there is video or not. You set the bar with Ray Rice and then Greg Hardy

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not supporting Brown one bit here.

There's no way the Giants didn't know about this before they re-signed him. They're reaping what they've sown here.

Brown's wife, or ex-wife now I believe. Has filed court papers claiming he's been putting hands on her since 2009 when she was pregnant.

I guess if this blows up enough and starts getting Ray Rice-like attention the NFL will move on Brown with some type of suspension. Then again, I can't call it. I'm still in "Wait! What?" mode over the punishment or lack thereof for Vontaze and Marvin Lewis' audacious defense of him.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you mean the NFL doesn't care about women? They let players wear pink for, like, a whole months!

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if Goodell will just swipe this under the rug?

Either that or he will try to fine the Patriots, because obviously it has to be there fault somehow
Fine players for cleats and touchdowns celebrations.

This will end up being worse than Ray Rice because the NFL is saying that even after that whole ordeal they still think a 1-game suspension is enough.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should send our resident knight Montecristo to verbally accost Mr. Brown and save that damsel.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp

"Giants announce John Brown won't play vs Rams"

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine players for cleats and touchdowns celebrations.

This will end up being worse than Ray Rice because the NFL is saying that even after that whole ordeal they still think a 1-game suspension is enough.

Yep... How dare players wear cleats SUPPORTING breast cancer survivors!!! Downright terrible.... Idiots.... But beat the shi^t out of women... Go ahead, fair game

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spin control

Yeah most likely. The Giants and are looking really stupid at this point so they should distance themselves from him and this situation

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if Goodell will just swipe this under the rug?

Either that or he will try to fine the Patriots, because obviously it has to be there fault somehow
I'm sure he'll deal with this in a strict manner.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah most likely. The Giants and are looking really stupid at this point so they should distance themselves from him and this situation
I believe they are.