• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jordan Howard

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The idiots get to show off their creativity, I wonder what they will come up with next

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know.if we actually had a starting rb,we`d be serious contenders for the SB...…….As it stands,Howard right now is just not the same rb weve seen the last couple of seasons...……….And I really do not think its the o-line...…..……..:scratch:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know.if we actually had a starting rb,we`d be serious contenders for the SB...…….As it stands,Howard right now is just not the same rb weve seen the last couple of seasons...……….And I really do not think its the o-line...…..……..:scratch:
It's getting harder and harder to argue on behalf of Howard. There's something about his game that just doesn't seem to translate well to what Nagy wants to see in his offense. I've been saying for some time that I questioned as to whether or not we'll see Jordan wearing a Bears uniform next year. Now I don't think there's any doubt about it. He's a goner.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Howard is exactly the same RB now as he was 1 and 2 years ago. In fact, Howard is probably in the best shape of his career now and is now a very good pass catcher to boot. So why the down year? Several things.

But the biggest one being:

He was never very good from the beginning. Bear fans are BLINDED by stats, I mean they live and die by stats. Frankly, if you don't know football and don't understand how to evaluate talent, stats are all that you have so i get it.

Howard is an average runner who needs holes to make positive yardage. He's not a playmaker. He's bruiser runner and quite simply, those kind of runners are generally not that effective in the NFL. You need elusiveness at this level and he never had it. So how did he rack up so many yards the past 2 years? Well if you feed just about any RB in this league 25 times a game, they're going to get a lot of yards. And within those 25 carries, maybe 10 of those carries will translate into big holes opening up. Also we never had a QB in those years, so we're going to feed our running game as much as possible.

And to a lesser degree it's the new offense:

Nagy is not a dummy, he's an offensive genius. Therefore he sees in Howard exactly what i've seen 2 years ago. Nagy understands Cohen is the playmaker and will always be the focal point by defenses. Nagy will use Howard that best suits Howard: Short yardage situations.

Bottom line is. Howard was never very good. Just because his stats are finally down doesn't mean Howard has lost something--he's freaking 24 years old for crying out loud. What's changed is YOU. You relied on stats to lead you to believe in something that never was. You see, it's you from the very beginning. YOU (and everyone else) were the idiots, not Howard, YOU. Rather than acknowledge that, the idiots say Howard lost something or is different somehow--since when does a 24 year old lose something? Howard is in the very beginning of entering his prime.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard is exactly the same RB now as he was 1 and 2 years ago. In fact, Howard is probably in the best shape of his career now and is now a very good pass catcher to boot. So why the down year? Several things.

But the biggest one being:

He was never very good from the beginning. Bear fans are BLINDED by stats, I mean they live and die by stats. Frankly, if you don't know football and don't understand how to evaluate talent, stats are all that you have so i get it.

Howard is an average runner who needs holes to make positive yardage. He's not a playmaker. He's bruiser runner and quite simply, those kind of runners are generally not that effective in the NFL. You need elusiveness at this level and he never had it. So how did he rack up so many yards the past 2 years? Well if you feed just about any RB in this league 25 times a game, they're going to get a lot of yards. And within those 25 carries, maybe 10 of those carries will translate into big holes opening up. Also we never had a QB in those years, so we're going to feed our running game as much as possible.

And to a lesser degree it's the new offense:

Nagy is not a dummy, he's an offensive genius. Therefore he sees in Howard exactly what i've seen 2 years ago. Nagy understands Cohen is the playmaker and will always be the focal point by defenses. Nagy will use Howard that best suits Howard: Short yardage situations.

Bottom line is. Howard was never very good. Just because his stats are finally down doesn't mean Howard has lost something--he's freaking 24 years old for crying out loud. What's changed is YOU. You relied on stats to lead you to believe in something that never was. You see, it's you from the very beginning. YOU (and everyone else) were the idiots, not Howard, YOU. Rather than acknowledge that, the idiots say Howard lost something or is different somehow--since when does a 24 year old lose something? Howard is in the very beginning of entering his prime.

lol...……...Im not buying the idiot part for the fact the last two seasons Howard has been a pleasant surprise being that he was a 5th rounder...…..Cmon man,what more would you have wanted from a player drafted that low...…….?
And yeah,I believe his time has actually passed.....even if it was a bad o-line hes playing behind,he would find ways to still gain some yardage...………
And he will probably be the reason why we wont be much of a force in the playoffs.......
and your boy cohen(whom I actually like)couldn't make it as a starter either,i don't think hes built to be an every down back...…..

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they should quit running him straight up the gut every fucking time.

Knowing that Howard is not an elusive back, but a bruising chain-mover, doesn't make you a genius, ya dumbass, it means you have functioning eyes. Not one person ever claimed he was Barry Sanders. But, like @wood20ks stated, he was a great surprise from the 5th round, that outplayed his draft number before mid-season of his first year. Howard is a cut and up back, more suited for a zone-blocking scheme.

He still leads the team in rushing and rushing TDs, tho.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Knowing that Howard is not an elusive back, but a bruising chain-mover, doesn't make you a genius, ya dumbass, it means you have functioning eyes. Not one person ever claimed he was Barry Sanders. But, like @wood20ks stated, he was a great surprise from the 5th round, that outplayed his draft number before mid-season of his first year. Howard is a cut and up back, more suited for a zone-blocking scheme.

I was actually thinking that...…...You never see them run outside the tackles with him...…….:noidea:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And one more thing...………….

another reason I believe Howard maybe on the decline……….at the beginning of the season,I thought teams were stacking the line to stop Howard and making Trubisky beat them...……...now I think its has swung the other way and teams are gonna make Howard beat them,and not let Trubisky……….And he still cant manage much...…...:billb:

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The backpedaling and the creativity begins...

There were idiots here claiming Howard was in the same league as Sanders and even Payton. Go look it up. Howard was going to break this record and that record as justification for his greatness. Now all that disappears like fart in the wind to what we have now degenerated to: "No one claimed he was Sanders...he was a nice surprise for a 5th rounder". What happened to the claims Howard would legitimately have a chance at leading the league in rushing TDs? What happened to him running wild in Nov/Dec? If it's so obvious now Howard is best suited in zone blocking schemes why predict Howard would kill it under Nagy?

"He still leads the team in rushing"...? Seriously? This is all you got?

Wow, how far the pendulum has swung.

Checkmate dummy. You're welcome for the education.

End of thread.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The backpedaling and the creativity begins...

There were idiots here claiming Howard was in the same league as Sanders and even Payton. Go look it up. Howard was going to break this record and that record as justification for his greatness. Now all that disappears like fart in the wind to what we have now degenerated to: "No one claimed he was Sanders...he was a nice surprise for a 5th rounder". What happened to the claims Howard would legitimately have a chance at leading the league in rushing TDs? What happened to him running wild in Nov/Dec? If it's so obvious now Howard is best suited in zone blocking schemes why predict Howard would kill it under Nagy?

"He still leads the team in rushing"...? Seriously? This is all you got?

Wow, how far the pendulum has swung.

Checkmate dummy. You're welcome for the education.

End of thread.

Captain Hyperbole strikes again.

Nobody ever said shit about Sanders, and Howard WAS on pace for the best first three years by a Bears back, so imagine that, that people would mention it. Wow. Riveting discovery, Batman.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Captain Hyperbole strikes again.

Nobody ever said shit about Sanders, and Howard WAS on pace for the best first three years by a Bears back, so imagine that, that people would mention it. Wow. Riveting discovery, Batman.

LOL. Thanks. Have a nice day.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor out there that the Bears are shopping Howard.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor out there that the Bears are shopping Howard.
They should be. He's a good ground and pound back but not a good back for what we need him for. A team like Jacksonville built on the run game would be a solid fit if they didn't already have Leonard Fournette.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is dumb.

Never been a fan of getting rid of a proven commodity for an unknown. Not only does that create a roster hole that now needs filling, but you've taken a position of strength and left it open to the possibility of it now being a weakness.

Last time we did this, we reached and drafted Kevin White.

Dude, is durable, reliable, and if used in a zone blocking scheme, one of the best backs in the league.

This dumb.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless they can get a high pick or picks out of him, which rarely happens, then this is a move backwards, IMO.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm torn on this one. Howard is a solid back for that plowing up the middle/wearing down defenses type of runner and BD pointing out that he does so much better under a zone blocking scheme makes sense. I also feel he has improved when it comes to staying in the backfield to help with the passblocking. But he is limited with his versatility and is definitely one of the slower backs in the league. And while I love Cohen for HIS versatility and speed, he's not a primary RB.

So maybe the solution is to find that 'tweener, hopefully in the draft. Closer to Howard in size and strength, but also closer as well to the speed and elusiveness of Cohen. We really don't have that type of all purpose back currently on the roster. Certainly not with Taquan Mizzell or Benny Cunningham. It wouldn't bother me seeing either or both of those guys cut, unless they are proven performers on STs. Perhaps we can find this so-called 'tweener in the draft or some type of offseason acquisition. Then we could go into next season with all three on the roster.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm torn on this one. Howard is a solid back for that plowing up the middle/wearing down defenses type of runner and BD pointing out that he does so much better under a zone blocking scheme makes sense. I also feel he has improved when it comes to staying in the backfield to help with the passblocking. But he is limited with his versatility and is definitely one of the slower backs in the league. And while I love Cohen for HIS versatility and speed, he's not a primary RB.

So maybe the solution is to find that 'tweener, hopefully in the draft. Closer to Howard in size and strength, but also closer as well to the speed and elusiveness of Cohen. We really don't have that type of all purpose back currently on the roster. Certainly not with Taquan Mizzell or Benny Cunningham. It wouldn't bother me seeing either or both of those guys cut, unless they are proven performers on STs. Perhaps we can find this so-called 'tweener in the draft or some type of offseason acquisition. Then we could go into next season with all three on the roster.
I still maintain that the O-line's run-blocking has more to do with this than Howard.
According to footballoutsiders, the Bears O-line ranked 28th when running the ball. (Ranked 7th in pass protection.)
The line positions that scored worst (per footballoutsiders) was center (30th) and right end (31st).

As mentioned in another thread: just in December, Howard was stuffed for no gain or loss 14% of his carries.
Cohen was stuffed for no gain or loss on 33% of his carries during the same span in December.
I don't think it's a coincidence that the O-line grades poor on runs and all Bears RB combined averaged 3.83 ypc.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard doesn’t fit the scheme. I wouldn’t mind seeing him go if we could bring in an all purpose back. It would be stupid to spend money to lock him up.