• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jordan compares Westbrook to himself

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But scapechoad knows our team better than we do apparently.

Heat-Pacers: Wade's huge sacrifice for LeBron

20 Second Timeout: LeBron James Explains How Dwyane Wade Helped Him to Develop a Championship Mentality

D. Wade called me (after Miami lost in the 2011 Finals) and we went to the Bahamas...I felt like, if I don't win this year, I'm going to get buried under every cemetery that they've got. So, we went to the Bahamas and had some great conversations there. D. Wade was like, "In order for us to be great, you have to be the guy." I was looking at him like, "What? What do you mean by that? I am the guy but what do you mean by 'the guy'?" He was like, "In order for us to be great, in order for us to accomplish what we want to accomplish while we are playing together, you have to be the guy that you were in Cleveland and I'll take a step back."

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mecca we continue to agree. They lost because their alpha failed. It was just Dirk's season that year.
It sounds like you're bitter that Durant left Oklahoma, but truthfully - it's not the first time that management has left a quality player leave. Their trademark to players that could have helped them win titles was play for less money or leave. But it is no difference you are earning $40.00 an hour and some one wants you to work for $25 and hour. You're not going to take $15 an hour less when you know you're worth. I sure wouldn't and I earn 40 an hour players like Durant - want more money

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like you're bitter that Durant left Oklahoma, but truthfully - it's not the first time that management has left a quality player leave. Their trademark to players that could have helped them win titles was play for less money or leave. But it is no difference you are earning $40.00 an hour and some one wants you to work for $25 and hour. You're not going to take $15 an hour less when you know you're worth. I sure wouldn't and I earn 40 an hour players like Durant - want more money

Had ownership been willing to spend well into the luxury tax, OKC may have a title if they didn't trade away Harden. They finally started spending, but they had let a top 10 player go for lesser pieces in return. For Presti's efficiency as a GM, he can only do so much when ownership doesn't show a full commitment to winning.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had ownership been willing to spend well into the luxury tax, OKC may have a title if they didn't trade away Harden. They finally started spending, but they had let a top 10 player go for lesser pieces in return. For Presti's efficiency as a GM, he can only do so much when ownership doesn't show a full commitment to winning.
The message I heard from ownership was that every one had to be a team player and I understand that, but lets' face the facts - you as an employee are there to earn money even if you're getting paid to take care of a sick senior citizen. If the person is not your mother or grandma, you are not going to work for nothing or less then your market value and these players should be asked to do that

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Intended to say the players should not be asked to play for less - although the new high salaries are really insane. Either way - players are not going to play for 12 million a year when they can get 20 some where else. Just not going to happen

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're delusional. James was the alpha the entire time.

Scape,

You are putting far too much emphasis on being an alpha. It is not nearly as important as you think it is.

In fact, I would argue that Westbrook's alpha personality is a large part of why Durant left. Alpha's are hard to play with. Jordan and Kobe were the same. They got great results, but many times along the way they were criticized for being bad teammates. Shaq and Kobe clashes because they were both alphas. Jordan was known as a complete asshole to his teammates and was hated by some in the locker room before they started winning championships.

Every team needs a leader, but you don't necessarily need your best player to have a dominating personality. The reason why KD will fit so perfectly in GS is because none of their scorers have one. They will all be willing to share and make the right play.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade can say what he want's. It was Lebron's team. Only morons believe that it could have ever been wade's team.

You are 100% wrong here.

LeBron deferred to Wade in 2011. That was why he was so passive in the Finals.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scape,

You are putting far too much emphasis on being an alpha. It is not nearly as important as you think it is.

In fact, I would argue that Westbrook's alpha personality is a large part of why Durant left. Alpha's are hard to play with. Jordan and Kobe were the same. They got great results, but many times along the way they were criticized for being bad teammates. Shaq and Kobe clashes because they were both alphas. Jordan was known as a complete asshole to his teammates and was hated by some in the locker room before they started winning championships.

Every team needs a leader, but you don't necessarily need your best player to have a dominating personality. The reason why KD will fit so perfectly in GS is because none of their scorers have one. They will all be willing to share and make the right play.

Refer to thread title.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very lofty comparisons for Westbrook. Guy is a great talent, don't know if he is Jordan esque even if it's coming from Jordan himself.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL no it's an opinion. And there's no 1st/2nd/3rd option on the Ws that's not how that offense works. Everyone passes the ball to find the open guy. There's no MJ dominating, especially now. There's no one who definitely takes that last shot in the 4th quarter in a tie game.

KD did something essentially the same as LeBron did. Details differ, the main idea is identical. A guy in his prime goes ring chasing. Only a spurned OKC fan would be bothered by this.

You are right to an extent but Steph was the 1st option, Klay was the 2nd option and Draymond was the 3rd option on the team up until this year. Now this will be different and I think Klay and Draymond's production could drop off, but KD and Steph will be the number 1 and 2 options no doubt.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very lofty comparisons for Westbrook. Guy is a great talent, don't know if he is Jordan esque even if it's coming from Jordan himself.

MJ says a lot of things that don't really make sense sometimes, but people listen bc it's MJ. Westbrook is a competitive player, probably one of the most competitive players in the NBA so he is right to that extent.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right to an extent but Steph was the 1st option, Klay was the 2nd option and Draymond was the 3rd option on the team up until this year. Now this will be different and I think Klay and Draymond's production could drop off, but KD and Steph will be the number 1 and 2 options no doubt.

I think Curry and Durant will each need to sacrifice more than Klay will. Too much is being made of his role change. He is a catch and shoot player. He might get a few less touches, but will be open more often because of attention paid to the other 2.

I think Klay's scoring average next season will be closer to his average from last year than any of the other 3. That being said, he is still clearly the 3rd option. Being 3rd also means less focus from the opposing defense.