• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jordan compares Westbrook to himself

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Thirty years ago, that’s me. The attitude, trying to prove myself, showing so much passion for the game of basketball. You see it in his play. You can tell he loves the game, he plays with energy and flair.”

Michael Jordan Names Current NBA Star the New Version of Him

Mighty high endorsement. Would love to think Westbrook could be as good but if he has that drive I'll take it.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Competitive wise I would say it is a good comparison. Sorry but there just aren't many true competitors around anymore. Jordan would have fallen on a sword before he went to play with on someone elses team.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Competitive wise I would say it is a good comparison. Sorry but there just aren't many true competitors around anymore. Jordan would have fallen on a sword before he went to play with on someone elses team.

Lol we would never know that

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh we know.

The Bulls were allowed to pay Jordan infinitely more than any other team because of the Bird right rules back then.

I don't think he would have left, but, he had elite talent around him and the financial landscape for free agents was much different.

Also, given that KD and Westbrook have not talked since KD signed, doesn't that show that maybe they were not close as the media portrayed? We often saw them bickering on the sidelines. As competitive as Russ is, he ain't easy to play with. I think KD just got tired of it.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Biggest Jordan fangirl standing right here....

He went to the Wizards to boost the product until Abe Polin fucked him out of part ownership.

Is that in some way more noble because he did it for money, instead of winning?

Yeah, it was at the end of his career.

But, let's not act like these oldtimers are beyond reproach.

Barkley, Malone, Payton and countless others all hitched their wagons to good Teams to try and win a chip during their twillight years.

But, we condemn Durant for being smart enough to do it earlier.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"But, we condemn Durant for being smart enough to do it earlier"

Exactly. Greats like Stockton, Malone, Barkley, Ewing go down without winning rings, some of them staying with one team their whole career or most of it, and do we say 'oh yeah he did it right' or do we say 'great player but never got a ring?'

If Westbrook stays with OKC his whole career and never wins a ring and Durant wins 1-2 who made the right choice?

Also note Westbrook has only committed to one more year for sure with OKC he could still leave in 2 years if he doesn't get a ring. And he probably will. So is he that different than KD then?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bulls were allowed to pay Jordan infinitely more than any other team because of the Bird right rules back then.

I don't think he would have left, but, he had elite talent around him and the financial landscape for free agents was much different.

Also, given that KD and Westbrook have not talked since KD signed, doesn't that show that maybe they were not close as the media portrayed? We often saw them bickering on the sidelines. As competitive as Russ is, he ain't easy to play with. I think KD just got tired of it.

Russ is a volume shooter and it takes shots away from Durant. Often times you'd see Durant as another guy while Russ would try to play hero ball.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ is a volume shooter and it takes shots away from Durant. Often times you'd see Durant as another guy while Russ would try to play hero ball.

Their issue was Westbrook was an alpha and kd felt the pressure to play the alpha part. It's a role he isn't comfortable playing.
You can use examples of washed up players ring chasing but there has never been another top 5 player go to another team to be the 2,3,4th option.
He ran from the pressure plan and simple.
And I don't need anyone to agree with me. This is a simple fact.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their issue was Westbrook was an alpha and kd felt the pressure to play the alpha part. It's a role he isn't comfortable playing.
You can use examples of washed up players ring chasing but there has never been another top 5 player go to another team to be the 2,3,4th option.

LOL no it's an opinion. And there's no 1st/2nd/3rd option on the Ws that's not how that offense works. Everyone passes the ball to find the open guy. There's no MJ dominating, especially now. There's no one who definitely takes that last shot in the 4th quarter in a tie game.

KD did something essentially the same as LeBron did. Details differ, the main idea is identical. A guy in his prime goes ring chasing. Only a spurned OKC fan would be bothered by this.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think this is a very insightful post.

it seemed everyone wanted Durant to be the alpha on the Thunder- and its just not who he is.

On the other hand- RW CERTAINLY has that mentality...Durant former #2 pick- that was only #2 because Oden was supposed to be flat out amazing....and then RW who many thought was overdrafted in the top 5. It just didnt sit right with some people that RW is the guy on this team who is by default the alpha A. because of his mentality and B. because of Durant's lack of wanting to be the #1 guy- but always having that external pressure to be a #1 guy.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's certainly your interpretation and you're certainly entitled to it. And lol at thinking Durant would be anything less than the 2nd option in Golden St. You truly are looking at this objectively.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is actually an opinion. Not a proven fact by any means. Durant won't be a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th option. He and Steph will be option 1 and 1A.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that people actually think KD will possibly be a 3rd or 4th option in Golden State is hilarious to me

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL no it's an opinion. And there's no 1st/2nd/3rd option on the Ws that's not how that offense works. Everyone passes the ball to find the open guy. There's no MJ dominating, especially now. There's no one who definitely takes that last shot in the 4th quarter in a tie game.

KD did something essentially the same as LeBron did. Details differ, the main idea is identical. A guy in his prime goes ring chasing. Only a spurned OKC fan would be bothered by this.

Totally different. LeBron was still the alpha in Miami

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally different. LeBron was still the alpha in Miami

Not 'totally' different. You need to learn what some words mean (like 'fact' and 'totally')