• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jon Bowlen Arrested for Domestic Violence

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't believe in giving someone a second chance ???...If the guy has been clean up to now and made one mistake, I don't think crucifixion is warranted....
If that was the case, the NFL would look like the Bad News Bears, because most of the elite players and coaches and owners would all be gone, and If that same rule applied to fans, you and I wouldn't be welcome here either...
These are human beings, and all are flawed, we can strive for perfection, but we will never attain it, it is humanly impossible....I'm just sayin'

I have no problem giving people 2nd chances but when he has something like 5-7 kids something like this can be a big deciding factor. A great example would be that of sponsors would they rather support somebody who doesn't have an abuse conviction or that of somebody who does? Now again this is if he is convicted. I have no problem with him continuing to work for the organization if he goes and seeks some help with all of this again if found guilty but running an organization like that of the Broncos is much bigger than just some player on the team that will most likely be gone after 5 years. This is the face of the franchise for possibly the next 30-40 years. You want somebody in that position that you can look up to.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem giving people 2nd chances but when he has something like 5-7 kids something like this can be a big deciding factor. A great example would be that of sponsors would they rather support somebody who doesn't have an abuse conviction or that of somebody who does? Now again this is if he is convicted. I have no problem with him continuing to work for the organization if he goes and seeks some help with all of this again if found guilty but running an organization like that of the Broncos is much bigger than just some player on the team that will most likely be gone after 5 years. This is the face of the franchise for possibly the next 30-40 years. You want somebody in that position that you can look up to.

Didn't Atlanta's owner just admit he piped in noise to help his team win, and Irsay arrested several times for drugs and alcohol DUI's, they are still the owner and face of their franchise....What about that ??
My point is, you can and should punish them but people are flawed, every one of us has had our shameful moments, but we are all we have and need to realize that....
Fined, demoted or put on probation but to can the guy for 1 mistake is preposterous IMO....

FantasyBelowZero

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Atlanta's owner just admit he piped in noise to help his team win, and Irsay arrested several times for drugs and alcohol DUI's, they are still the owner and face of their franchise....What about that ??
My point is, you can and should punish them but people are flawed, every one of us has had our shameful moments, but we are all we have and need to realize that....
Fined, demoted or put on probation but to can the guy for 1 mistake is preposterous IMO....
I agree. Remember the whole Steve Ballmer forced sale of the Clippers? Ballmer was definitely in the wrong with what he said, but in my opinion, DUI is a bigger deal than the Ballmer thing. With Ballmer, his words would harm mentally and should not be accepted in society, but with Irsay, his DUIs could have caused physical harm. I don't see why Irsay got to stay, but Ballmer had to go...
IMO They should both go.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These two need some help around these boards. Some dates too..

455280788.jpg
Is that Oldtool and 69? Who left the door at tge nursing home open again so Tool coukd escape?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't believe in giving someone a second chance ???...If the guy has been clean up to now and made one mistake, I don't think crucifixion is warranted....
If that was the case, the NFL would look like the Bad News Bears, because most of the elite players and coaches and owners would all be gone, and If that same rule applied to fans, you and I wouldn't be welcome here either...
These are human beings, and all are flawed, we can strive for perfection, but we will never attain it, it is humanly impossible....I'm just sayin'
What ever gave you an inclination that you're welcome now:noidea: staying on topic maybe you can buddy up with Bowlen.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand that plenty of other owners have screwed up big time. What I am saying is because Bowlen has so many other kids that maybe this is what separates who gets to be the Broncos owner next among them. I'm not saying people don't make mistakes or can't make mistakes but I am saying that when it comes to running a multi-billion dollar company the smallest things can separate those who get to run it and those who don't. I have no problem with the team still giving him a job and even an upper-management job. Again this all depends on what actually happened and if he is guilty or not. Can't jump to conclusions too quickly.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Remember the whole Steve Ballmer forced sale of the Clippers? Ballmer was definitely in the wrong with what he said, but in my opinion, DUI is a bigger deal than the Ballmer thing. With Ballmer, his words would harm mentally and should not be accepted in society, but with Irsay, his DUIs could have caused physical harm. I don't see why Irsay got to stay, but Ballmer had to go...
IMO They should both go.

Since when is physical worse than mental? I mean a mentally abusive parent can do just as much damage to a child as that of a physically abusive parent. Now I do agree that the NBA took things way too far in kicking him out for something he said in private. I can guarantee that every one of those NBA owners if they had the worst thing they have ever said recorded and shared with the world would be in that same boat.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What ever gave you an inclination that you're welcome now:noidea: staying on topic maybe you can buddy up with Bowlen.

Yada, yada, yada.....Shouldn't you be out spending your welfare check on your new bride/life partner !!!!
standuppee.jpg
:L:L:L

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that plenty of other owners have screwed up big time. What I am saying is because Bowlen has so many other kids that maybe this is what separates who gets to be the Broncos owner next among them. I'm not saying people don't make mistakes or can't make mistakes but I am saying that when it comes to running a multi-billion dollar company the smallest things can separate those who get to run it and those who don't. I have no problem with the team still giving him a job and even an upper-management job. Again this all depends on what actually happened and if he is guilty or not. Can't jump to conclusions too quickly.

Fair enough !!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO They should both go.

I think you mean Donald Sterling...Ballmer was the buyer of the Clippers after leaving Microsoft.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you mean Donald Sterling...Ballmer was the buyer of the Clippers after leaving Microsoft.

Yeah but he is obviously more crazy than Sterling ever was. The dude is a lunatic.