• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jon Baldwin

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted Ian WIlliams in the 3rd round last year. I was shocked he went undrafted. Looney has looked god awful this preseason and he has been playing guard not center at all. Snyder might make the team over Looney.

Instead of AJ I wanted Fleener, Hill, Konz or Jenkins. In the second round I wanted Posey

I figured that Kilgore, Looney, and Snyder would make it automatically. Who on the OL am I not considering?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point we have to hope Trenton Robinson is the eventual replacement for Whitner otherwise that draft was TERRIBLE. But seriously we knew that back then. James was the only pick I was happy about.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hopefully baalke doesn't have another brain fart at the draft like he did last year.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I am not that hopeful about this move. Obviously, their staff knows as more about both players than any of us do, and they determined that the guy we have given up on is worth more than their guy. Crap for crap it looks like. Lets hope the coaches can pull off a miracle.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can say for sure is that draft sucked for the Niners. Only player who is any good has played like shit this preseason. James has been easy to tackle even getting tackled running into own offensive line

And when Hunter comes back James will be the 3rd RB at best or a KR st player. Next season he might not even make the team with Gore hunter and Lattimore making the team

Worse draft in recent memory

Agreed. James goes down way too easily. That is the main knock on him.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Kind of odd, but Baldwin was apparently issued number 89. Don't know that I've seen two players with the same number play on the same side of the ball, even in preseason. Vance McDonald is also 89.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of odd, but Baldwin was apparently issued number 89. Don't know that I've seen two players with the same number play on the same side of the ball, even in preseason. Vance McDonald is also 89.

That could indicate that the 49ers are once again bullshitting the media on the seriousness of McDonald's injury.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's just me, but I really love this trade. Baldwin has ridiculous athletic ability and is a huge target, but because of immaturity, his development hasn't been as fast as the Chiefs would have liked. My question is why though? Every draft site had him taking 2-3 years to develop because of how raw he was coming out of Pitt. IMO this is the difference between a franchise like the Broncos, who patiently waited on Demaryious Thomas to grow into the player he now is, and the chiefs who prematurely give up on a talented physical specimen like Baldwin, after two seasons. True the Niners also gave up on Jenkins, but you can't teach size and heart, and A.J. lacked both.

I really believe the chiefs made a bad trade here, and just like Demaryious Thomas, Baldwin will have his breakout season in his third year, now that he has a top QB throwing to him and a system in place that will be better for his development.

I believe we got an absolute steal today.
Could be, but don't underestimate Andy Reid (if he had a hand in this trade). He can be sneaky smart when it comes to dealing his players. He is not the the type of guy who will just give up on someone who he feels has a bright future. Either way, the niners made a great move trading Jenkins. It was obvious he was never going to work out in SF so getting something for nothing was smart.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have the feeling this will go down as the tweele-dee and tweedle-dum trade.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Now the beat writers are saying he'll be number 84. I guess we should just wait until the preseason is over for these things, anyway. But this looks more solid.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Last edited by a moderator:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall this is a good trade by the 49ers. Atleast Baldwin has shown something. Also is bigger and stronger and can block. Hands are just as bad as Jenkins.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I don't think Baldwin's hands are as bad as Jenkins' hands (last Friday notwithstanding). Baldwin has actually made some really hard catches & has large hands.

Hands haven't been his problem; I think it's been a combination of terrible coaching, terrible QB play and a simple case of not getting open. But with the way Kaep can sling it in there quickly and all the time the OL gives him to throw, he should have a much easier time getting open in a Niners' uniform.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least I'm not reading that Baldwin is down by "phantom contact" in practices. That really sent me over the edge on Jenkins.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The only problem with Baldwin is what's upstairs in his head.

Which is why I like the trade because he has all the physical talent to be a stud WR in the league he just needs to get his head straight.

My expectations are still on the low side because he's getting close to that juncture where he's either just an immature young kid that needs to grow up or a lifer in the knucklehead club.

Either way rolling the dice on him has higher odds of getting something out of him than it was for Jenkins.