• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jon Baldwin

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at the very least, Baldwin had a first rd grade IIRC where as Jenkins didnt... hell many didn't know what school he came out of lol

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great move for both teams and players. I think Baldwin is a better fit for our offense and I also think that AJ will do better in the Chiefs offense. Andy Reid has liked smaller and faster receivers like Maclin and Jackson, AJ is closer to fitting that mold than Baldwin while Baldwin can use his size and abilities in our offense.

I do think Baldwin needs to be on the juggs machine 24/7 working on his hands because he drops entirely too many passes.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I don't see how Jenkins is a better fit for the Chiefs' offense. Alex can't throw deep enough for Jenkins to be a deep threat, and he's too wimpy to go over the middle on short routes.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm hoping the light bulb turns on for this guy. The Niners over their history have made trades for players who helped the franchise out immensely (Freddie Dean, Russ Francis, Freddie Solomon, etc). Baldwin may be part of that list but there's a saying "you can't trade water for wine".

One thing that's clear about this is that the Niners got rid of AJ's two year contract for a guy who essentially is on a one year deal. If Baldwin doesn't pan out, he's done. The one thing I'm worried about is that Baldwin apparently doesn't stretch the field as a bonafied vertical threat, which is something they were hoping AJ would be. With that said, who on this roster can stretch the field?

yeah ok, we didn't expend any more for Baldwin, so why not try?

have a feeling Moore can stretch the field, but they don't want to show it now? beyond him Boldin, KW and Patton are questionable, likely not? don't see us keep the 5th WR for deep speed, more Collie or even Hall for the short/medium? those are the more common routes, and higher percentage.

the 6th WR would've have to tie into ST's.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He knows how to fight for that ball...

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's hard to overlook 6'4"+, 230, 4.49, and 42"...

Nothing's guaranteed, of course, but man are the tools there.

Brandon Marshall*|*Central Florida,*WR*:*2006 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

*Jon Baldwin*|*Pittsburgh,*WR*:*2011 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

yeah of course it is hard, that is why the workout warriors rise every year.

again, not hating on Baldwin but he is entering his 3rd season. if there was anything worth bringing out, no way KC trades him. just not getting my hopes up, not projecting he'll be a starter, and not projecting all his measurables make him a future star.

he does have two weeks to flash all this measurable stuff. if he doesn't.............we wouldn't have kept Jenkins "just because", so why would we keep Baldwin....."just because"?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Great move for both teams and players. I think Baldwin is a better fit for our offense and I also think that AJ will do better in the Chiefs offense. Andy Reid has liked smaller and faster receivers like Maclin and Jackson, AJ is closer to fitting that mold than Baldwin while Baldwin can use his size and abilities in our offense.

I do think Baldwin needs to be on the juggs machine 24/7 working on his hands because he drops entirely too many passes.

a NFL level WR who can't catch..........isn't very promising. practicing will help but this also takes time, time that we might not give him?

btw - is two seasons in the NFL enough time to show improved catching? not become a good pass catcher, but SHOW improvement?

but then again, looking at next season maybe we try to keep him?

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
a NFL level WR who can't catch..........isn't very promising. practicing will help but this also takes time, time that we might not give him?

btw - is two seasons in the NFL enough time to show improved catching? not become a good pass catcher, but SHOW improvement?

It almost seems like his hands regressed last year. He made a few spectacular catches his rookie year. It's some of the easier ones he drops, which is a concentration thing I guess? Just my thoughts going off of Chiefs tape I could find, I wont pretend to have watched them regularly.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Catching is all concentration, with practice it is something that can be improved quite quickly.

In his two seasons, he spent most of his rookie season sidelined due to an injury he sustained in a fight with Thomas Jones. This past season was a disaster, it was for most of the offense Baldwin included.

Like any aspect of football, abilities must be polished by coaches and players must be coached in order to reach their potential. I'm having a hard time believing that Romeo did too much with Baldwin.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't impress me at all against 9ers Dropped 3 perfect throws

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't impress me at all against 9ers Dropped 3 perfect throws

He hasn't impressed me ever and I've watched every game he has played in the NFL. He runs sloppy routes and has suspect hands.

These are things that can be worked on though so I'm hoping that our coach staff and get him where he needs to be. I remain skeptical though.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather kept AJ. He can catch just needs a few more lbs

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather kept AJ. He can catch just needs a few more lbs

He just doesn't seem to have it either in my opinion. Maybe the Chiefs can do something with him but I think both of these guys just need a change of scenery.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
For the record, I never liked Baldwin all that much either; but Jenkins has completely useless written all over him. I think he's going to be out of the league or a #4 / 5 WR soon. Jenkins is at least a big, strong QWR who can block & go up for a high, end zone pass if we need him to. Baldwin is talented enough to play in the NFL, whereas I don't think Jenkins will ever even be an average #3 WR.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can say for sure is that draft sucked for the Niners. Only player who is any good has played like shit this preseason. James has been easy to tackle even getting tackled running into own offensive line

And when Hunter comes back James will be the 3rd RB at best or a KR st player. Next season he might not even make the team with Gore hunter and Lattimore making the team

Worse draft in recent memory

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I was befuddled by the Jenkins pick on draft day too. There was only 1 guy who was extremely excited about that pick here if memory serves.

James was a good pick IMO. He adds a dimension the Niners don't have with any other RB, and it looks like he's going to be the KR too. I'm not thrilled about that fact, but he's not a bad one; thank God there are some great KR in FA next offseason. I wanted Dwaaaaaaaayne Allen, but I'm fine with James.

Looney could make or break this draft for me. He doesn't look ready yet, but center is a need position for the Niners, and I think he has more potential than Kilgore.

The rest of the picks were really low, and those guys are usually lucky to make the team. I think I wanetd George Iloka instead of Darius Flemming if memory serves, but you can't fault Baalke for taking a guy who blew his knee out. Baalke made up for the bad Jenkins pick a lil' by finding Ian Williams (whom I didn't like at all).

Not a good draft, but if Baldwin & Looney can be contributors, that could save it from being a disaster.

The 2013 draft pm the other hand... pure genius! 3 of the 4 top picks were guys over whom I was salivating (Reid, Carradine & Lemonier). If they got John Hankins, I wouldn't have known what to do with myself.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted Ian WIlliams in the 3rd round last year. I was shocked he went undrafted. Looney has looked god awful this preseason and he has been playing guard not center at all. Snyder might make the team over Looney.

Instead of AJ I wanted Fleener, Hill, Konz or Jenkins. In the second round I wanted Posey

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I wanted Ian WIlliams in the 3rd round last year. I was shocked he went undrafted. Looney has looked god awful this preseason and he has been playing guard not center at all. Snyder might make the team over Looney.

Instead of AJ I wanted Fleener, Hill, Konz or Jenkins. In the second round I wanted Posey

Id Adam Snyder makes the team & Looney doesn't, I'll be extremely pissed. That would mean Looney is a TERRIBLE OL because Snyder is not good. At all. In fact, I'm hoping the only reason he's back is the good rapport he has with teammates & to play the jumbo TE position Leonard Davis played last year (I actually wanted Jason Smith for that spot).

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on Sick, you know Snyder would suck at that as well.