• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

John Schneider is the man, but he straight up just wastes his 1st round picks.

HustleWilson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got an O lineman that was ranked 66th in pass blocking and 20 something in run blocking. That's mid round stuff right there. No round has more pro bowl talent than the 1st round. Its where the top talent goes for the most part.

And yes I'm aware we do excellent in the later rounds, that's awesome. But is it not possible for us to just pick up a guy who was a complete stud in college with our 1st pick? Myles Jack? Ndweche? Ndweche going to the Cards right after we traded back was a complete buzz kill.

John Schneider admitted that they were going to go either Oline or Dline with their first pick. Which basically means they don't believe in the best player available mentality. I'm all for filling needs, but if a for sure talent falls to you, you should hop on that. Ifedi better not suck.

HustleWilson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad with the Cardinals I was talking about Nkemdiche. I accidentally typed another guys name out.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nkemdiche might not have been on their board at all we dont know. Jack is a major injury red flag. I think the attraction of ifedi is his elite size and strength and they think they can coach him up.

I will remain skeptical about that until proven otherwise. We have 9 more picks to make and should get a stud or two at least. Hopefully.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got an O lineman that was ranked 66th in pass blocking and 20 something in run blocking. That's mid round stuff right there. No round has more pro bowl talent than the 1st round. Its where the top talent goes for the most part.

And yes I'm aware we do excellent in the later rounds, that's awesome. But is it not possible for us to just pick up a guy who was a complete stud in college with our 1st pick? Myles Jack? Ndweche? Ndweche going to the Cards right after we traded back was a complete buzz kill.

John Schneider admitted that they were going to go either Oline or Dline with their first pick. Which basically means they don't believe in the best player available mentality. I'm all for filling needs, but if a for sure talent falls to you, you should hop on that. Ifedi better not suck.
So you would rather take a guy so injured that nobody is willing to take in the first and a head case that got so wasted he fell out of a window? Glad your not the GM.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, pretty much every mock had Ifedi going in the early-mid 2nd. His only flaw is his fundamentals are a little raw which is up to coaching to fix. If coaching can't fix issues like that then you've got bigger problems.

He's probably the highest upside of any OT in the draft. He's got perfect size/reach and everything you look for athletically in a starting pro bowl offensive lineman. He's clean off the field, started all games for the Aggies, and comes off pretty intelligent.

Seattle was linked to Ifedi for quite some time... this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone if you followed draft analysis/discussions and workouts from teams.

Robert would've been a great pick as well... but the DL in this draft is probably the most deep I've seen in the last 10 years. There is worthy DT/DEs all over this draft. Yah it sucks a rival got a very athletic/talented player, but I would've been just as annoyed if they took Ifedi to allow Palmer even more time to throw the F'ing football.

2/28: "I'm told right now Seattle and Denver are the teams targeting Germain Ifedi late in round one." - Tony Pauline, WalterFootball.com

4/10: "Most people I speak with feel Germain Ifedi is a great fit for the Seahawks at the end of round one." - Tony Pauline

4/27: "The recurring comment (on the Seahawks pick) is 'Ifedi is a Seattle Seahawks type of lineman.'" - Tony Pauline

HustleWilson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you would rather take a guy so injured that nobody is willing to take in the first and a head case that got so wasted he fell out of a window? Glad your not the GM.
I just want as close to for sure talent as you can get with the 1st pick. I don't want the guys that need to be "coached up". That's what the mid rounds are for. Ifedi isn't going to be a star, I guarantee it. And I guarantee there will be a couple stars around our pick.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:L :L :L

Wow, just wow.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want as close to for sure talent as you can get with the 1st pick. I don't want the guys that need to be "coached up". That's what the mid rounds are for. Ifedi isn't going to be a star, I guarantee it. And I guarantee there will be a couple stars around our pick.
So after several years of watching your star QB having to run around like a chicken with his head cut off because of the shitty line you'd rather have a sexy pick early than address what is hands down the single most position of need on this team?

As Harold said, thank god you aren't working for the Seahawks.

Now, this team has proven it is shaky at best in drafting for the line as it is, but at least they are trying to address the biggest issue this team has as an obstacle to getting into another deep playoff run next season.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are showing your ignorance with every post. None of us know crap compared to our FO and coaches, but some fools think they are wiser than the afore mentioned.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now to be clear, you may be 100% right. This guy may be a total bust.

But your overall point is verrrrrrry puzzling.

Schneider and Seattle have been among the top few drafting teams since they got here.

And I call bullshvt on teams passing on ceiling (potential) in round one. Last night's round one was littered with guys with flaws that need to be 'coached up,' but had things about them that intrigued teams enough to spend a one on one of them.

I'll also point out that the Seahawk draft choice that got the most 'love' by the press and the 'experts' in round one was a certain linebacker that was seen as the safest pick in round one in that draft. Aaron Curry is now out of the NFL, and is a D-line coach in Charlotte.

OOPS.

So to recap, you have an OPINION, and you can't 'guarantee' anything. Drafting is littered with mistakes.

I too was intrigued with Myles Jack, and if the weird bong incident hadn't happened, and the run on tackles had started earlier, then maybe Seattle may have taken him. I ALSO suspect that if Arizona hadn't taken the D-lineman, Seattle probably would have.

So they went O-line. Which they need a lot of.

Does that mean that Seattle never drafts for talent?

Heh, that's funny.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well chf, to be fair show me one pro bowl caliber lineman that Cable has produced. I'll patiently wait right here....

That's a different issue to be sure, but it makes you wonder how great this pick is even capable of being. I really don't get why people keep calling him one of the best position coaches in the game. I sure haven't seen even a small sign of it since he's been here. Sure, he took dog shit and polished it up a little last year, but that wasn't a world beating line.

Don't mind that they are trying to fill their biggest need, however I'm not sure I trust Cable to make it worthy of the first round pick they used.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well chf, to be fair show me one pro bowl caliber lineman that Cable has produced. I'll patiently wait right here....

That's a different issue to be sure, but it makes you wonder how great this pick is even capable of being. I really don't get why people keep calling him one of the best position coaches in the game. I sure haven't seen even a small sign of it since he's been here. Sure, he took dog shit and polished it up a little last year, but that wasn't a world beating line.

Don't mind that they are trying to fill their biggest need, however I'm not sure I trust Cable to make it worthy of the first round pick they used.

But that wasn't his point.

As for the snake eating its tail argument about Cable, meh.

Again, other than punching people now and then, where's all the rumblings that Cable is a shvtty coach in disguise? Because as a member of the much maligned media, if that stuff was out there, people would report it.

Why do John/Pete like him?

But let's not sidetrack and go down that rabbit hole again. :)

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ranked?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that wasn't his point.

As for the snake eating its tail argument about Cable, meh.

Again, other than punching people now and then, where's all the rumblings that Cable is a shvtty coach in disguise? Because as a member of the much maligned media, if that stuff was out there, people would report it.

Why do John/Pete like him?

But let's not sidetrack and go down that rabbit hole again. :)
You can't answer that question though can you. Who has Cable turned into a hall of fame lineman? Who is a much better lineman after he got his hands on him than before? Anyone?

Name me any reasonable lineman they have drafted? Okung? Maybe. The others have been mostly busts.

Again, happy they are trying to address a team need. Not confident AT ALL that they can make it work given their history at these positions.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't answer that question though can you. Who has Cable turned into a hall of fame lineman? Who is a much better lineman after he got his hands on him than before? Anyone?

Name me any reasonable lineman they have drafted? Okung? Maybe. The others have been mostly busts.

Again, happy they are trying to address a team need. Not confident AT ALL that they can make it work given their history at these positions.

You already knew the answer to your question, so why am I going to step on your 'gotcha' landmine. Just like you can't answer why Pete and John like him. Because if he does suck, then that would make them idiots, and makes the team's success awfully logically puzzling.

And I've read other posters aarghing about Cable since last night, and I don't get YOUR logic either. Because they haven't had good luck turning out pro-bowl linemen, they shouldn't draft linemen?

C'mon now.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You already knew the answer to your question, so why am I going to step on your 'gotcha' landmine. Just like you can't answer why Pete and John like him. Because if he does suck, then that would make them idiots, and makes the team's success awfully logically puzzling.

And I've read other posters aarghing about Cable since last night, and I don't get YOUR logic either. Because they haven't had good luck turning out pro-bowl linemen, they shouldn't draft linemen?

C'mon now.
Where did I say that? :noidea:

I clearly said I'm happy they are at least trying to address a team need, just not confident they will make it work. How is that saying they shouldn't draft linemen? :L

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nkemdiche might not have been on their board at all we dont know. Jack is a major injury red flag. I think the attraction of ifedi is his elite size and strength and they think they can coach him up.

I will remain skeptical about that until proven otherwise. We have 9 more picks to make and should get a stud or two at least. Hopefully.
Ifedi definitely selected on his athleticism not his football skills. In three years we'll know if it was a good pick or not. I say three years because most skilled OTs coming out of college are taking two years to coach up.

Jack is a head scratcher. Such potential but that degenerative knee? It's going to be interesting where he gets picked and what kind of career/longevity he has?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ifedi definitely selected on his athleticism not his football skills. In three years we'll know if it was a good pick or not. I say three years because most skilled OTs coming out of college are taking two years to coach up.

Jack is a head scratcher. Such potential but that degenerative knee? It's going to be interesting where he gets picked and what kind of career/longevity he has?

Hearing some view Jaylon Smith as the safer choice of the two even though Smith is all but guaranteed to need an entire year to recover. Smith's knee should heal but like you said Degenerative is about the worst word you can hear medically especially for an NFL player.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did I say that? :noidea:

I clearly said I'm happy they are at least trying to address a team need, just not confident they will make it work. How is that saying they shouldn't draft linemen? :L

Okay, fair enough, no need to go all passive agressive emoticon on my *ss. I interpreted what you were saying then.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got a good prospect O-lineman and we also got another 3rd round pick... We were taking Ifedi with our 26th pick anyway... I don't think Ifedi was gonna be on the board much longer...