• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joey Bosa...not signed, which side do you fall?

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well maybe you didn't see Eli that way but plenty of others still to this day do not view Eli in a very good light for the way he handled that situation. I understand his not wanting to play in San Diego but there are not many players that have tried to dictate where they get to play like that. Many still think he used his family name to really shape that situation.
Of course he did and he was right to do it. The team you are drafted by has a huge impact on your career. He didn't have faith in them. I don't blame him one bit if it was about the team and not asking for more than others would get.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he did and he was right to do it. The team you are drafted by has a huge impact on your career. He didn't have faith in them. I don't blame him one bit if it was about the team and not asking for more than others would get.

I'm just saying others would not agree with you on this. He still has that brought up that he refused to go to a certain team. This rarely ever happens in the NFL that a player can refuse like this. Some would say that it makes him look very elitist.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just saying others would not agree with you on this. He still has that brought up that he refused to go to a certain team. This rarely ever happens in the NFL that a player can refuse like this. Some would say that it makes him look very elitist.
I think it does make him elitist, but it also makes him a SB champ where if he didnt do that he would not have a ring.
Both sides have power in this situation and Eli used his whether it was a family name or not to get out of playing for a team he didnt think would be what he wanted.
Bosa is not doing that he just wants certain language. Just because others have agreed to that does not make it right or wrong it just makes it something he wants.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are saying a contract hold out means the guy does not love playing football?
in some cases, yes
a rookie that hasn't done jack to date, in a slotted system where hardly anyone sits out and is about to be paid money where you won't need to worry about money is a guy that doesn't love the game nearly enough. I understand the business side plays in most hold outs...that ain't this

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it does make him elitist, but it also makes him a SB champ where if he didnt do that he would not have a ring.
Both sides have power in this situation and Eli used his whether it was a family name or not to get out of playing for a team he didnt think would be what he wanted.
Bosa is not doing that he just wants certain language. Just because others have agreed to that does not make it right or wrong it just makes it something he wants.

See you are confusing whether it is right and wrong with appearance. I think Eli made a great decision as obviously it has paid off well for him and the Giants with 2 Super Bowl wins. Still the appearance of him being an elitist in that situation does not sit well with everybody.

Same now with Bosa in while it might be right for him to fight for his contract like this that doesn't mean the appearance of it looks good for him. It makes him look to some like he is all about the money instead of about being a great teammate or a guy that loves football above everything else. That doesn't mean that he isn't a great teammate or that he doesn't love football above everything else but it just is not the best look for him or the team.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well maybe you didn't see Eli that way but plenty of others still to this day do not view Eli in a very good light for the way he handled that situation. I understand his not wanting to play in San Diego but there are not many players that have tried to dictate where they get to play like that. Many still think he used his family name to really shape that situation.
There's no doubt in my mind that is what happened.

He was a complete dick about it.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in some cases, yes
a rookie that hasn't done jack to date, in slotted system where hardly anyone sits out and is about to be paid money where you won't need to worry about money is a guy that doesn't love the game nearly enough. I understand the business side plays in most hold outs...that ain't this
If you understand the business side, then you know its not about the amount of money. So to pin this on money and being paid is wrong. He gets the same guaranteed whether is their language or his on the contract.
If you understand the business side then you know who drafts you and how that works out makes a huge impact on your career.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See you are confusing whether it is right and wrong with appearance. I think Eli made a great decision as obviously it has paid off well for him and the Giants with 2 Super Bowl wins. Still the appearance of him being an elitist in that situation does not sit well with everybody.

Same now with Bosa in while it might be right for him to fight for his contract like this that doesn't mean the appearance of it looks good for him. It makes him look to some like he is all about the money instead of about being a great teammate or a guy that loves football above everything else. That doesn't mean that he isn't a great teammate or that he doesn't love football above everything else but it just is not the best look for him or the team.
In other words, the end results don't justify the means in which they were achieved. I agree.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no doubt in my mind that is what happened.

He was a complete dick about it.

And see this is my point. Whether it was right or wrong for him to have done that does not matter. It is the appearance of what he did being wrong on so many levels that shows up in this same situation with Bosa where the holdout doesn't look great.

Heck just went through this with Von Miller for the Broncos. Fans were none too happy with him holding out like he did. Things have calmed down a bit but if Von Miller doesn't have a great season man fans are going to go off on him for being a money grubbing player that took his money and ran.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some how I think those guys in the locker room who have negotiated contracts, and know that Bosa is not asking for more money, are not going to this kid does not love football and is not a team player over this. If he wanted more money maybe but he isnt asking for more money.
As far as Eli, he does look like and elitist and he probably is an elitist due to his daddy and brother. And it looks bad to many but Im guess he doesn't care much about that sitting in NY.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other words, the end results don't justify the means in which they were achieved. I agree.
Bosa only has one means, to sign or not sign for what he thinks is right. I do not see any problem with the "means" on either side. They are both doing what they think is right.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some how I think those guys in the locker room who have negotiated contracts, and know that Bosa is not asking for more money, are not going to this kid does not love football and is not a team player over this. If he wanted more money maybe but he isnt asking for more money.
As far as Eli, he does look like and elitist and he probably is an elitist due to his daddy and brother. And it looks bad to many but Im guess he doesn't care much about that sitting in NY.

Well I think you would be wrong on this. Teammates have already spoken out about this and have not been speaking very highly of Bosa because of this holdout.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
u forgot with his 2 rings:suds:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you understand the business side, then you know its not about the amount of money. So to pin this on money and being paid is wrong. He gets the same guaranteed whether is their language or his on the contract.
If you understand the business side then you know who drafts you and how that works out makes a huge impact on your career.
the business side say's get your ass to work and become somebody instead of being scared they could cut you in a couple of years should you suck.

no way....this guy looks stupider by the day

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also the argument being made here isn't about what the player thinks. The argument being made here is what the fans think. Bosa right now looks like a guy who cares more about the money than about joining the team and being a good teammate. Now not all view it that way but the closer we get to the season the more people are going to view things that way.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosa only has one means, to sign or not sign for what he thinks is right. I do not see any problem with the "means" on either side. They are both doing what they think is right.
This was in response to Eli.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the business side say's get your ass to work and become somebody instead of being scared they could cut you in a couple of years should you suck.

no way....this guy looks stupider by the day

The business side says do not sign a contract you do not agree with nor make an offer to a player you dont agree with. The football side says get on the field and become somebody.

Also the argument being made here isn't about what the player thinks. The argument being made here is what the fans think. Bosa right now looks like a guy who cares more about the money than about joining the team and being a good teammate. Now not all view it that way but the closer we get to the season the more people are going to view things that way.

I agree the fans will not like him for this one bit. Should he make decisions about his future based on what the fans or either other players think?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry....the NFL fixed that a few years back. There is no business side for rookies
leverage is through playing the game at a high end

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry....the NFL fixed that a few years back. There is no business side for rookies
leverage is through playing the game at a high end
Really? Why have there been other hold outs? Bosa is not the first.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Why have there been other hold outs? Bosa is not the first.

There are a few things that can still be negotiated. So while there have been some hold outs none of them have come close to what we are seeing right now. There is not enough language in the contract that can be negotiated that should keep a team and player from figuring something out by this point.