• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe Thomas: “I would equate what [Tom Brady] did to driving 66 in a 65,and getting the death penalty

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't say I disagree w/ that.

That's my only point......Its easy to have an opinion from very far away

Baltimore Raven players don't have that luxury on this topic

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Through no fault of Joe Thomas, he will retire without one postseason game, unless he changes laundry

Edit: They won 10 games but didn't make the playoffs, which has the same impact. They were eliminated by one game. He understands what one game can mean.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Through no fault of Joe Thomas, he will retire without one postseason game, unless he changes laundry
but you said he cant have an opinion because he doesnt play in the postseason.

didnt thomas make a playoff once?

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“I think he’s trying to do everything he can to gain a competitive advantage to help him do his job better, which is to throw the football,” Thomas said. “Why should we be punishing a guy that wants to do his job better?

^^^^^

Exactly the description that could be used for MLB players using PED's
^so perfect.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but you said he cant have an opinion because he doesnt play in the postseason.

didnt thomas make a playoff once?

Of course he could have an opinion

But id expect that opinion from someone never directly affected by the Pats and Bradys' cheating

Colts and Ravens players have been not surprisingly mum on the topic

Likewise with most AFC East divisional foes that see the Pats twice a season

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just like ray lewis.

I see what you did there...

You tried to parallel cheating in a playoff game to a man found innocent in a court.

Check and check for using the NE fan playbook when confronted with a cheating accusation.

NE culture of cheating

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see what you did there...

You tried to parallel cheating in a playoff game to a man found innocent in a court.

Check and check for using the NE fan playbook when confronted with a cheating accusation.
no, i am referring to the deer antler spray where goodell let ray play in the SB where other players get suspended.

so, again

"like ray lewis"

you agreed with dirt about how air in a football is the same as a PED.

discuss your reply

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, i am referring to the deer antler spray where goodell let ray play in the SB where other players get suspended.

so, again

"like ray lewis"

you agreed with dirt about how air in a football is the same as a PED.

discuss your reply

Is there an agree button?

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what makes Joe Thomas's opinion so special? He basically thinks Brady cheated but "only a little bit" so that makes it ok. Huh? Cheating is cheating. Can a player be just slightly over the limit on a drug test and use the same excuse? It's nonsense, and besides it wasn't about just taking a little air out of a football. It was about a planned plot to take air out of not just a football, but many footballs. The plot including several members of the Pats organization and then also involved a cover-up and destruction of evidence. Its about far more than just taking a little air out of a ball.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“I think he’s trying to do everything he can to gain a competitive advantage to help him do his job better, which is to throw the football,” Thomas said. “Why should we be punishing a guy that wants to do his job better?

^^^^^

Exactly the description that could be used for MLB players using PED's

^so perfect.

explain @Tgann69

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what makes Joe Thomas's opinion so special? He basically thinks Brady cheated but "only a little bit" so that makes it ok. Huh? Cheating is cheating. Can a player be just slightly over the limit on a drug test and use the same excuse? It's nonsense, and besides it wasn't about just taking a little air out of a football. It was about a planned plot to take air out of not just a football, but many footballs. The plot including several members of the Pats organization and then also involved a cover-up and destruction of evidence. Its about far more than just taking a little air out of a ball.
"planned plot"

lmao

im sure you can run that proof to court in time for the NFL to use it, since they dont have any of that proof (see berman, federal judge)

"plot"

like the NFL calling it a 'scheme'. judge shamed them horribly on that.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"planned plot"

lmao

im sure you can run that proof to court in time for the NFL to use it, since they dont have any of that proof (see berman, federal judge)

"plot"

like the NFL calling it a 'scheme'. judge shamed them horribly on that.

I don't need to run that proof to court since that is exactly what is happening right now by the NFL. We'll soon see what the court says, but the fact that Brady suddenly has decided he's willing to agree to a lesser suspension suggests his lawyers think he could lose in court. And if it is upheld in court then the words "plot" or "scheme" will be very fitting.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't need to run that proof to court since that is exactly what is happening right now. We'll soon see what the court says, but the fact that Brady suddenly has decided he's willing to agree to a lesser suspension suggests his lawyers think he could lose in court. And if it is upheld in court then the words "plot" or "scheme" will be very fitting.
because he cant win in court. theres a SC precedent.

"plot"

lol

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How would Thomas even know know what a "good" QB would be doing with a ball that's deflated (or overly inflated)? Has he ever played with one in Cleveland?

Just sayin' :)

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because he cant win in court. theres a SC precedent.

"plot"

lol

PLOT:
noun
a secret plan or scheme to accomplish some purpose, especially a hostile, unlawful, or evil purpose:

Yup, sounds like a plot to me.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People that do 66 in 65 zones super piss me off. I was minding my own business driving along interstate 90 one time, and some guy goes FLYING past me at 66 while I'm doing 65. I checked my speedometer twice and sure enough, this asshole felt he was above the law. I immediately phoned in 911 and rolled down my window to take a couple shots with my .45 but they hit some other car that ended up swerving and crashing into a Costco gas station which exploded and killed 53 people and probably 2 cats from the damage I could spot. ALL because some dick was doing 66.

Guns don't kill people, speed limit Nazis with guns kill people.

:dhd:

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't need to run that proof to court since that is exactly what is happening right now by the NFL. We'll soon see what the court says, but the fact that Brady suddenly has decided he's willing to agree to a lesser suspension suggests his lawyers think he could lose in court. And if it is upheld in court then the words "plot" or "scheme" will be very fitting.

But but but but but....

Mmmmmama said.... Mmmmama said...

yup.