• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe Thomas: “I would equate what [Tom Brady] did to driving 66 in a 65,and getting the death penalty

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cue the "well theyre in the same union"

Joe Thomas Backs Tom Brady, Rips Roger Goodell

“I would equate what [Tom Brady] did to driving 66 [mph] in a 65 speed zone, and getting the death penalty,” Thomas said after Browns practice on Sunday, according to ESPN.

Thomas doesn’t think Brady is a cheater, and doesn’t understand why air pressure in footballs is such a big deal.

“I think he’s trying to do everything he can to gain a competitive advantage to help him do his job better, which is to throw the football,” Thomas said. “Why should we be punishing a guy that wants to do his job better?

“If you want [quarterbacks] to play with a brand new football that comes out of the box, then make that the rule,” he added. “If you’re going to allow them to break it in because you want more passing yards, then let them do whatever they want.

“Who cares if they throw a football that has no air pressure? What does it matter? Why don’t we let the quarterbacks do whatever they want to the football? I don’t understand why there’s any rules,” he continued. “We know [quarterbacks] already doctor [footballs] 99 percent, why do we care about the 1 percent in the air pressure?”

Thomas took aim at NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, and is glad Brady has brought his fight against the league to federal court.

“I’m glad that he’s fighting [it],” he said. “Because it’s good for the game. It’s an entertainment business. It’s turning into the WWE really. It’s like the Vince McMahon stuff. Basically Goodell is like Vince McMahon.”

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely worthy of another thread

You New England guys all need some serious therapy

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe one day if Joe Thomas sees a postseason game, he will deserve an opinion on the matter

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe one day if Joe Thomas sees a postseason game, he will deserve an opinion on the matter
lol

this is allllllllllllll you have.

what a great day

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what joe thomas said made the vein in your forehead throb.

“I think he’s trying to do everything he can to gain a competitive advantage to help him do his job better, which is to throw the football,” Thomas said. “Why should we be punishing a guy that wants to do his job better?

“If you want [quarterbacks] to play with a brand new football that comes out of the box, then make that the rule,” he added. “If you’re going to allow them to break it in because you want more passing yards, then let them do whatever they want.

“Who cares if they throw a football that has no air pressure? What does it matter? Why don’t we let the quarterbacks do whatever they want to the football? I don’t understand why there’s any rules,” he continued. “We know [quarterbacks] already doctor [footballs] 99 percent, why do we care about the 1 percent in the air pressure?”

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

this is allllllllllllll you have.

what a great day

All I have? Joe Thomas never plays in the postseason, so he has no idea what its like to lose to a QB that is cheating in the postseason

Probably why many Ravens players haven't chimed in on the subject

7 months and counting Rock, you've been wrong for 7 months and counting

A new record

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Rock...

How many different Brady/deflategate threads have you started now...50, 60, 70?:noidea:

:lol:

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what joe thomas said made the vein in your forehead throb.

^^^^^

Exactly the description that could be used for MLB players using PED's

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I have? Joe Thomas never plays in the postseason, so he has no idea what its like to lose to a QB that is cheating in the postseason

Probably why many Ravens players haven't chimed in on the subject

7 months and counting Rock, you've been wrong for 7 months and counting

A new record
where am i wrong on this direct topic?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

^^^^^

Exactly the description that could be used for MLB players using PED's
sure, same thing.

oh, wait...its not.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I totally agree! How dare an 8x Pro Bowler (5x 1st team) have an opinion on this never ending mess?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree! How dare an 8x Pro Bowler (5x 1st team) have an opinion on this never ending mess?
this is how dirt spirals downward.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“I would equate what [Tom Brady] did to driving 66 [mph] in a 65 speed zone, and getting the death penalty,” Thomas said after Browns practice on Sunday.

No, no, no Joe. It's like doing 66 in a 65, telling the officer that you didn't do anything wrong and that it really hurts your feelings that he would accuse you of speeding in the first place. Then, when the officer persists, you tell him to fuck off and spit on his shoes, then take a baseball bat to the radar gun.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Through no fault of Joe Thomas, he will retire without one postseason game, unless he changes laundry

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People that do 66 in 65 zones super piss me off. I was minding my own business driving along interstate 90 one time, and some guy goes FLYING past me at 66 while I'm doing 65. I checked my speedometer twice and sure enough, this asshole felt he was above the law. I immediately phoned in 911 and rolled down my window to take a couple shots with my .45 but they hit some other car that ended up swerving and crashing into a Costco gas station which exploded and killed 53 people and probably 2 cats from the damage I could spot. ALL because some dick was doing 66.