• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I don't know what Ohio State did to piss this recruit off, but I lke it.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa QB commit Deuce Hogan plans to give Ohio State headaches

Iowa Hawkeyes football quarterback commit Deuce Hogan is not slated to join the program until 2020, but he is already sending jabs at one of the Big Ten conference's perennial contenders.

Hogan specifically has his eyes set on tormenting the Ohio State Buckeyes once he steps on the field at Iowa.

“It’s going to be a mind game," Hogan told AllHawkeyes.com. "I’m going to make the defensive coordinator at Ohio State pull his hair out. I’m going to enjoy it, that’s what I’m going to do. I love the whole chess game of it. The Iowa system is going to fit great and it’s going to translate to the next level for me. They’re going to get a pro-style quarterback and definitely somebody that’s going to win football games.”

Hogan will certainly get his chance to take down Ohio State during his Iowa career. The teams are scheduled to face each other in 2020, 2022 and, if Hogan is still on campus by then, 2025. The Big Ten foes last played at Kinnick Stadium in 2017, when the Hawkeyes blew out the Buckeyes 55-24. The defeat essentially kept Ohio State out of the College Football Playoff, as the Buckeyes finished fifth in the final playoff rankings.

Hogan is confident that he will be successful against anyone that stands in Iowa's way.

“For me it’s a lot more team oriented,” Hogan said about his goals. “Personally, I want to play in the NFL, that’s what it is and they’re a translatable system. My personal goal is to do what I need to do to get to the next level, then Big Ten records, Iowa records, that would be great. Heisman Trophy, Davey O’Brien, that’s what I dream about. But I want to go, I want to win the Big Ten championship and get the opportunity to get to play in the College Football Playoff. There’s going to be big dogs we’re going to have to get through.

“I said I was a winner, but it’s very rare that I have the best team. We won the state title my freshman year and that team was truly great. But a lot of the times while I’ve grown up, the odds are not always in my favor. There’s nothing better than stepping into a hostile environment where you’re the underdog and coming out on top. That’s what I intend to do, win championships.”

As a junior in 2018, Hogan threw for 1,514 yards, 18 touchdowns, and six interceptions in 11 games. He will be a four-year varsity starter for Grapevine Faith Christian School (Texas). Entering his senior season, Hogan has thrown for 5,837 yards, 70 touchdowns, and 26 interceptions.

The industry-generated 247Sports Composite rates Hogan as a three-star prospect. He is ranked No. 18 nationally among 2020 pro-style quarterbacks and No. 60 overall regardless of position in the state of Texas. Hogan originally committed in late June 2018 to the Hawkeyes, who have 10 pledges for the 2020 class. Iowa is ranked No. 15 nationally on the 247Sports Composite team recruiting rankings for the 2020 cycle.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s easy to say things like that. Lots of forgotten people have mouthed off and wilted when the time came to cash that check. We’ll see.

Reactions: gob

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure on this one.

He has already blamed his teammates for sucking in high school.

You better hope he is Tim Tebow-esque in order to compete in the B1G.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there’s one thing Iowa is known for, its stellar QB play.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa QB commit Deuce Hogan plans to give Ohio State headaches

Iowa Hawkeyes football quarterback commit Deuce Hogan is not slated to join the program until 2020, but he is already sending jabs at one of the Big Ten conference's perennial contenders.

Hogan specifically has his eyes set on tormenting the Ohio State Buckeyes once he steps on the field at Iowa.

“It’s going to be a mind game," Hogan told AllHawkeyes.com. "I’m going to make the defensive coordinator at Ohio State pull his hair out. I’m going to enjoy it, that’s what I’m going to do. I love the whole chess game of it. The Iowa system is going to fit great and it’s going to translate to the next level for me. They’re going to get a pro-style quarterback and definitely somebody that’s going to win football games.”

Hogan will certainly get his chance to take down Ohio State during his Iowa career. The teams are scheduled to face each other in 2020, 2022 and, if Hogan is still on campus by then, 2025. The Big Ten foes last played at Kinnick Stadium in 2017, when the Hawkeyes blew out the Buckeyes 55-24. The defeat essentially kept Ohio State out of the College Football Playoff, as the Buckeyes finished fifth in the final playoff rankings.

Hogan is confident that he will be successful against anyone that stands in Iowa's way.

“For me it’s a lot more team oriented,” Hogan said about his goals. “Personally, I want to play in the NFL, that’s what it is and they’re a translatable system. My personal goal is to do what I need to do to get to the next level, then Big Ten records, Iowa records, that would be great. Heisman Trophy, Davey O’Brien, that’s what I dream about. But I want to go, I want to win the Big Ten championship and get the opportunity to get to play in the College Football Playoff. There’s going to be big dogs we’re going to have to get through.

“I said I was a winner, but it’s very rare that I have the best team. We won the state title my freshman year and that team was truly great. But a lot of the times while I’ve grown up, the odds are not always in my favor. There’s nothing better than stepping into a hostile environment where you’re the underdog and coming out on top. That’s what I intend to do, win championships.”

As a junior in 2018, Hogan threw for 1,514 yards, 18 touchdowns, and six interceptions in 11 games. He will be a four-year varsity starter for Grapevine Faith Christian School (Texas). Entering his senior season, Hogan has thrown for 5,837 yards, 70 touchdowns, and 26 interceptions.

The industry-generated 247Sports Composite rates Hogan as a three-star prospect. He is ranked No. 18 nationally among 2020 pro-style quarterbacks and No. 60 overall regardless of position in the state of Texas. Hogan originally committed in late June 2018 to the Hawkeyes, who have 10 pledges for the 2020 class. Iowa is ranked No. 15 nationally on the 247Sports Composite team recruiting rankings for the 2020 cycle.
To piss him off? Like we didn’t even offer him because he is a nobody 3 star ranked like 60 in the state of Texas

He just has a cool name

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s probably only going to play Ohio State once.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He seems confident for a 3 star but are you really thinking about the Heisman when you committed to a program like Iowa? lol good luck. I doubt we will remember you

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s probably only going to play Ohio State once.

He's probably thinking CCG.

He seems confident for a 3 star but are you really thinking about the Heisman when you committed to a program like Iowa? lol good luck. I doubt we will remember you

Not ones that go to Iowa, that is why I like him. He is confident.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To piss him off? Like we didn’t even offer him because he is a nobody 3 star ranked like 60 in the state of Texas

He just has a cool name

I see a lot of opponents droppin' a Deuce here.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He just has a cool name
I was kind of thinking the same thing...seems like OSU didn't offer him because he wasn't that good of a player.

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real life phone call between Deuce Hogan and Ryan Day.

gIxqI3e.png

But this is ridiculous. This kid is a high school junior. He plays in a terrible football division in Texas, and yet only completed 44% of his passes for 1500 yards and 18 touchdowns with 6 picks last year. His team was the 164th in the country, and he's already blaming his teammates for his lack of success, and he still has a year to play with them. He is the definition of mediocre, and only got a 3 star rating because he's almost 6'4", and yet thinks he'll win the heisman (at Iowa of all places) and will be a nightmare for Ohio State. Someone ought to tell him that Tate Martell, who just washed out of Ohio State, was completing 65% of his passes for 2500 yards and ~40 touchdowns a season, with one of the most difficult high school schedules. College is a different ball game, and this kid can barely cut in the pee wee league, and yet is talking trash.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the fuck is this guy?

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's probably thinking CCG.

Not ones that go to Iowa, that is why I like him. He is confident.
They are all confident. Most are not the jilted ex that bitches and moans like this one.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me it’s a lot more team oriented,” Hogan said about his goals. “Personally, I want to play in the NFL, that’s what it is and they’re a translatable system. My personal goal is to do what I need to do to get to the next level, then Big Ten records, Iowa records, that would be great. Heisman Trophy, Davey O’Brien, that’s what I dream about. But I want to go, I want to win the Big Ten championship and get the opportunity to get to play in the College Football Playoff. There’s going to be big dogs we’re going to have to get through.

I love this. It is true that Ferentz has taken many no-name players and turned them into NFL talent, but it wasn't really at QB.

TE, OL, and basically anywhere on defense Ferentz has good numbers in NFL. Not so much with QBs, RBs, and WRs.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there’s one thing Iowa is known for, its stellar QB play.
Iowas last 3 starting QBs are all NFL picks . And their current guy is a projected 1st/2nd round pick . Iowa does fine with QBs. We can't all be Oklahoma brother lol

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowas backup QBs transfer to Michigan to start....