• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe Mixon About To Get The Ray Rice Treatment

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this goes back to -- go watch the Mixon police interviews. It spells it out for you right from Mixon's mouth

What do you want me to look for in the interview? I know exactly what Mixon is accused of and im not debating that. Im trying to see, what did he do to give her the right by law, to put her hands on him?

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A silver lining for OU -- looks like you will probably get another year of Mixon, as I doubt he goes to the NFL now that this has been released. Maybe it won't be as bad next year at this time.

It will die down by mid season and then ramp back up if he has a good one. It'll reach critical mass on draft day with picks going off the board and the ESPN and NFL Network talking heads going on and on about Mixon.

He wouldn't be drafted this year. No chance.

People have short memories though so if he does and says the right things then maybe he could give a team enough sound bytes to excuse drafting him.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will die down by mid season and then ramp back up if he has a good one. It'll reach critical mass on draft day with picks going off the board and the ESPN and NFL Network talking heads going on and on about Mixon.

He wouldn't be drafted this year. No chance.

People have short memories though so if he does and says the right things then maybe he could give a team enough sound bytes to excuse drafting him.

I don't think it'll be as dire as him not getting drafted this year. It only takes one team and the NFL has a few teams willing to take on the worst of the worst. His issue will be, a large amount of teams won't even have him on their draft board.

The biggest issue with this coming out now is -- it will be fresh on the minds of everyone and no team is going to want to deal with the baggage that will come along with drafting him. He can put out all the apology messages he'd like now, but they have him on taped interview saying he had no remorse over it last year.

If he waits a year -- I think he will get drafted a round or two ahead of where he will be drafted this year, if he stays out of trouble.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the hell am I getting off track? Im backing you into a corner, and now you're trying to get out.

You keep saying it's a weak punch and slap, like the law care how weak it is. Like I said, what's tge difference between doing that to a citizen and a cop.

As a man, I wouldn't press charges either, but by law, you should have the option to, and not just let her automatically slide because she's a female.

No you are getting off track with this question. You are trying to make an apples to oranges comparison on whether this is an assault. An on duty police officer is not an average citizen and the rules are different when dealing with them.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob needs to push this guy into the draft and be done with him.
He doesn't need this to come back up time and time again for another year.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it'll be as dire as him not getting drafted this year. It only takes one team and the NFL has a few teams willing to take on the worst of the worst. His issue will be, a large amount of teams won't even have him on their draft board.

The biggest issue with this coming out now is -- it will be fresh on the minds of everyone and no team is going to want to deal with the baggage that will come along with drafting him. He can put out all the apology messages he'd like now, but they have him on taped interview saying he had no remorse over it last year.

If he waits a year -- I think he will get drafted a round or two ahead of where he will be drafted this year, if he stays out of trouble.

I remember Alfonzo Dennard punched a cop in downtown Lincoln a couple weeks before the draft. He would have gone early-to-mid second round but the Pats scooped him up in the 7th round. played in and won himself a Super Bowl Ring vs the Seahawks.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deleted his twitter account. LOL

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob needs to push this guy into the draft and be done with him.
He doesn't need this to come back up time and time again for another year.

There's one situation I didn't consider.

I could see Stoops nudging him toward getting out of Norman, but he's not gonna sit him down and tell him to get out. Not now anyway. It's Stoops's fault he's in this situation in the first place. He was the adult here. He should have made an adult decision.

Saying "two years ago, it was acceptable to keep him" is a pretty sad cop out. Two years ago he was still a grown ass man who saw that video and said "that right there is an Oklahoma Sooner for life."

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Oklahoma fans here are great and I have a huge amount of respect for OU. I even like Stoops. I don't think he's a bad guy, I just think this situation got away from him big time and now he's in the weeds.

There are a few acceptable outcomes here, and Stoops already screwed one of them up (not kicking him off the team)

1. Mixon leaves and takes his lumps in the draft. By take his lumps, I mean he won't be drafted. Priority free agent? Sure.
2. OU cleans house from the administrator that saw it to the AD, down to Stops.
3. Mixon does his walk of shame senior season and is contrite and apologetic, but he won't do that because he was enabled by Stoops and also because this chick is suing him.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably should've done that to begin with.

Have you read the police reports for some of these guys? The Shannon r*pe case is so clear cut and obvious.

A female OU student accused Shannon of raping her at his off-campus apartment. Her friend called 9-11 and police investigated the incident, but District Attorney Greg Mashburn’s office declined to press charges, citing the victim’s wishes as a major reason for that decision.

This happens ALL THE TIME. They don't want to be trotted out in front of the country as "the girl that got raped by the football player"

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...raska-coach-mike-riley-oregon-state/86270018/

She came and talked to the whole football team before this season about what happened to her and it had a huge impact on the kids. They should probably be doing this at every program because it seems like a year in and year out thing.