• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe Mixon About To Get The Ray Rice Treatment

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you read the police reports for some of these guys? The Shannon r*pe case is so clear cut and obvious.

A female OU student accused Shannon of raping her at his off-campus apartment. Her friend called 9-11 and police investigated the incident, but District Attorney Greg Mashburn’s office declined to press charges, citing the victim’s wishes as a major reason for that decision.

This happens ALL THE TIME. They don't want to be trotted out in front of the country as "the girl that got raped by the football player"

And you have no idea why she declined to press charges. When did her fried call the police? While it was happening? After the fact? Im asking because I don't know. Yes, sometimes that's why they decline to press charges. Other times they get caught embellishing a story and back off. Neither of us have the information to really know why. What we do know, is that the president of the school appealed all the way to the state Supreme Court to uphold his suspension from the program.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh this is getting into witch hunt territory.

I still think Mixon plays out his senior season. Gonna be a rough one.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you have no idea why she declined to press charges. When did her fried call the police? While it was happening? After the fact? Im asking because I don't know. Yes, sometimes that's why they decline to press charges. Other times they get caught embellishing a story and back off. Neither of us have the information to really know why. What we do know, is that the president of the school appealed all the way to the state Supreme Court to uphold his suspension from the program.

Re: Mashburn on not pressing charges from the same article.

The district attorney said Shannon was not charged based on the woman's wishes at the time and based on the facts that were presented.

He explained the woman said she did not want Shannon prosecuted. He also said it was unclear from the accounts of both the woman and the player "what had actually taken place."

Doesn't just sound like it was necessarily just because she didn't want to be viewed as a victim. Sounds to me like her story wasn't completely checking out.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Glad I don't live in Oklahoma, with all them violent, false r*pe claiming, fight instigating, evil women you have in the state.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad I don't live in Oklahoma, with all them violent, false r*pe claiming, fight instigating, evil women you have in the state.

Stop calling me that or I'll slit your bag and run your leg through it!
th

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back in the day, I used to be a major player. I had so many notches in my bedpost that it broke into multiple pieces. Pipelayers Local #69.

This one chick I worked with ended up falling for me. We were out one night and she got liquored up and flirtatious. I tried to play it off but she wanted some OCC. I was getting ready to leave and she was insistent on going home with me. I told her ok, but nothing was going to happen. Took her home with me and tucked her in on the couch so she could sleep it off. About 4 a.m. I wake up to her polishing the wedding tackle.

Ok, let's do this. We did it. She was a fan.

8:15 the next morning her gal pal comes knocking on my door because ol' girl isn't responding to her pager. I go and wake up ol' girl and lo and behold the amnesia kicks in when she sees her friend. "Where am I? How did I get here?" Yeah....

Come to find out her friend was actually the sister to ol' girls' BOYFRIEND.

Then her buddy starts threatening me with going to the police and charging me with r*pe.

I said you go right ahead and do what you think needs to be done.

Don't go all in when hearing stories about people, you probably don't know the WHOLE story.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back in the day, I used to be a major player. I had so many notches in my bedpost that it broke into multiple pieces. Pipelayers Local #69.

This one chick I worked with ended up falling for me. We were out one night and she got liquored up and flirtatious. I tried to play it off but she wanted some OCC. I was getting ready to leave and she was insistent on going home with me. I told her ok, but nothing was going to happen. Took her home with me and tucked her in on the couch so she could sleep it off. About 4 a.m. I wake up to her polishing the wedding tackle.

8:15 the next morning her gal pal comes knocking on my door because ol' girl isn't responding to her pager. I go and wake up ol' girl and lo and behold the amnesia kicks in when she sees her friend. "Where am I? How did I get here?" Yeah....

Then her buddy starts threatening me with going to the police and charging me with r*pe.

Don't go all in when hearing stories about people, you probably don't know the WHOLE story.

I always had a rule I lived by. I never let them stay the night at my place; I stayed at their place if it was an all-nighter or I got a room. It's hell getting them out of your place if they don't want to go and who knows who might show up at your place unannounced? And it gets a LOT worse after you buy your own house and all the rest of the guys they know are still living in a apartments. The only thing worse than being alone is wishing you were alone.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BOOMER SOONER :yahoo:

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:L :facepalm3: :burt: :facepalm5:

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you are getting off track with this question. You are trying to make an apples to oranges comparison on whether this is an assault. An on duty police officer is not an average citizen and the rules are different when dealing with them.

Show me the law, that says assault on a citizen is different from assault on a cop.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me the law, that says assault on a citizen is different from assault on a cop.
I assume it's similar in other states, but I know from serving on a grand jury in NJ that assault on a cop was automatically an aggravated assault that became a felony.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Problem is Stoops just threw gas on the fire. His comments were brutal. He has been around long enough to learn how to say "no comment" or at least huddle up with some OU lawyers/PR people and manage the situation

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is the greatest post of 2016. This made me laugh

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are a Grade A tard.

Here.

Assault or Battery Against Certain Victims
Assault, battery, or assault and battery against certain victims in Oklahoma are identified as separate crimes from general assault and battery. They subject the offender to more serious penalties, such as higher fines and longer periods in jail or prison. An assault and battery against a special victim may be a felony or misdemeanor, depending on the victim. Assault or battery against some victims also requires an intent to injure the victim rather than only intent to use force and a resulting injury. These special victims include:

• law enforcement officers while engaged in the performance of their duties
  • sports officials (referees and umpires)
  • emergency medical providers while performing medical duties
  • judges, court officers, and jurors within six months of performing service to the court
  • school employees engaged in performing their duties or students attending class or participating in a school activity , and
  • corrections officers while performing their duties when the crime is committed by a person in custody[/spoiler]

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is Stoops just threw gas on the fire. His comments were brutal. He has been around long enough to learn how to say "no comment" or at least huddle up with some OU lawyers/PR people and manage the situation

POST OF THE DAY!
Bob Stoops is either stupid or he's going rogue to cover his own ass with the social justice media types. If this guy can't manage the ongoing Joe Mixon situation any better than he manages his Defensive Coordinator position then I'm all out of ammo defending him. This situation is going to haunt Stoops now rather than only being an issue about his judgement which was open to fair and honest debate. I bet there are players on the team who don't like him saying this.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's a redshirt sophomore. You think he's playing 2 more years? I'd say 1 at the most, if he does stay.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume it's similar in other states, but I know from serving on a grand jury in NJ that assault on a cop was automatically an aggravated assault that became a felony.

That's true, but im not saying the type of assault, im just saying, you can be charged by hitting a citizen, the same way you hit a cop.