• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe Mixon About To Get The Ray Rice Treatment

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too, but that's not the point. It's not about if charges were pressed, it's about if you have the right to press charges. Legally, you guys could've pressed charges on each other if you wanted to, but you didn't so good for you, give a male the same option when a girl hit them.

And this goes back to -- go watch the Mixon police interviews. It spells it out for you right from Mixon's mouth

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stoops: Mixon suspension not sufficient today

Admits he should have kicked him off the team.

All these coaches are so full of shit it is humorous. He is doing nothing but trying to cover his own ass. The video didn't change from the time he watched it and Today. Only thing that changed is -- now everyone got to see it and he knows he was dead wrong not kicking him out of school.

All he should be saying is -- look, I'm being paid millions to coach a kid's game and I'm paid to win. He gave me the best chance to win more games so I gave him a break. Period. End of story.

Has nothing to do with 'being too committed to these kids' -- if he were a 4th string LB, he would have booted him immediately. Hate how fake these coaches are.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the law (and a Supreme Court ruling) she absolutely has the right once he used the homophobic slur (on top of the fact he stated he was going in to confront her) and I'm willing to bet that is exactly why she wasn't charged with anything.

The fact that he followed her into the store to confront her is where shit gets sideways with him imo. I consider the same things given that I have a concealed carry permit. If I end up producing my weapon and shooting somebody, I damn sure better be able to say I did nothing to instigate the situation. Granted, hitting someone and shooting someone is not the same thing, but I think the point still stands. Mixon had the opportunity to not just remove himself from the situation, but he made the decision to re-introduce himself into what even a barely 18 year old kid had to know was a volatile situation. Doesn't excuse her for her role in making the situation physical, but it does shift blame for the entire altercation in Mixon's direction. While I do not entirely oppose the punishment Mixon received, in light of that information, I would've completely understood had he been given the boot.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was in boot camp, Sgt. Muldoon (who was tall, black and a real bad ass) called us faggots 10-50 times a day. Maybe I should go look him up and sue his homophobic ass, ya think? Or should I continue to be thankful he made us tough enough to survive combat? This PC shit has gotten really confusing. :tsk:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All these coaches are so full of shit it is humorous. He is doing nothing but trying to cover his own ass. The video didn't change from the time he watched it and Today. Only thing that changed is -- now everyone got to see it and he knows he was dead wrong not kicking him out of school.

All he should be saying is -- look, I'm being paid millions to coach a kid's game and I'm paid to win. He gave me the best chance to win more games so I gave him a break. Period. End of story.

Has nothing to do with 'being too committed to these kids' -- if he were a 4th string LB, he would have booted him immediately. Hate how fake these coaches are.

Actually, I think the ray rice situation did change things. It really heightened the public's sensitivity to this type of situation. If this had happened after that I think the social culture would've dictated the handling of the situation a little differently possibly. Like it or not, public perception does dictate these sort of things.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I think the ray rice situation did change things. It really heightened the public's sensitivity to this type of situation. If this had happened after that I think the social culture would've dictated the handling of the situation a little differently possibly. Like it or not, public perception does dictate these sort of things.

Mixon and Stoops are getting skewered on Primetime Justice. They are calling both of them out for the exact same things I've been saying. They laughed at Mixon saying she hit like a man, when he was barely touched and really laid into Stoops and his comments about seeing the video again, he should have been booted. I feel bad, the host even went after an Oklahoma sports reporter (Dylan Buckingham) after he said if Stoops could do it all over, he would have booted him. Her response -- so Stoops never saw the video before suspending him for a year? Buckingham -- no, he 100% watched the video before making the decision. Host -- so the video has changed since the original Stoops viewed? Buckingham -- no, it is the same video. Host -- oh, so you are saying he changed his mind on the punishment because it was finally released and the whole world gets to see it, so now he wants them to believe he should have kicked him off? Buckingham -- crickets, them some inaudible comments about the courts holding up the video. Host -- so Stoop will be sitting him for the Sugar Bowl, right? Buckingham -- no, not to my knowledge.

Then they do an interview with Jay Glazer. He loses it when asked about Joe Mixon. Then says, any athlete who plays a violent sport should be stripped of their privileges if they hit a member of the opposite sex. And he goes on to say -- I'm not saying they should lose their right to earn a living, but they should do so in the real world, as sports isn't a right, it is a privilege. He ends it by saying Fuck Joe Mixon a half dozen times and says he hopes he gets his ass beat. :pound:

A silver lining for OU -- looks like you will probably get another year of Mixon, as I doubt he goes to the NFL now that this has been released. Maybe it won't be as bad next year at this time.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mixon and Stoops are getting skewered on Primetime Justice. They are calling both of them out for the exact same things I've been saying. They laughed at Mixon saying she hit like a man, when he was barely touched and really laid into Stoops and his comments about seeing the video again, he should have been booted. I feel bad, the host even went after an Oklahoma sports reporter (Dylan Buckingham) after he said if Stoops could do it all over, he would have booted him. Her response -- so Stoops never saw the video before suspending him for a year? Buckingham -- no, he 100% watched the video before making the decision. Host -- so the video has changed since the original Stoops viewed? Buckingham -- no, it is the same video. Host -- oh, so you are saying he changed his mind on the punishment because it was finally released and the whole world gets to see it, so now he wants them to believe he should have kicked him off? Buckingham -- crickets, them some inaudible comments about the courts holding up the video. Host -- so Stoop will be sitting him for the Sugar Bowl, right? Buckingham -- no, not to my knowledge.

Then they do an interview with Jay Glazer. He loses it when asked about Joe Mixon. Then says, any athlete who plays a violent sport should be stripped of their privileges if they hit a member of the opposite sex. And he goes on to say -- I'm not saying they should lose their right to earn a living, but they should do so in the real world, as sports isn't a right, it is a privilege. He ends it by saying Fuck Joe Mixon a half dozen times and says he hopes he gets his ass beat. :pound:

A silver lining for OU -- looks like you will probably get another year of Mixon, as I doubt he goes to the NFL now that this has been released. Maybe it won't be as bad next year at this time.

I dunno. I could see bob telling him he needs to go ahead and enter the draft this year. We'll see.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stoops still claiming he'd never heard about Dede Westbrook's domestic violence arrests when Oklahoma State stopped recruiting him because of it.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stoops still claiming he'd never heard about Dede Westbrook's domestic violence arrests when Oklahoma State stopped recruiting him because of it.

So they say now.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno. I could see bob telling him he needs to go ahead and enter the draft this year. We'll see.

Stoops knows he f'ed up, as does OU's hierarchy, and they are going to continue to get lambasted for it, whether Mixon goes to the NFL this year or not. He isn't going to force him out now, IMO.

If I were a betting man -- Mixon comes back next year, because his stock right now is as low as it possibly could be for the draft, UNLESS he gets in trouble for something else if he stays. The only upside to entering the draft now is getting the civil suit over a year sooner.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not boomer sooner, just:

IMG_2619.GIF

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Half the league won't touch him. Rightly so.

True, but you have the Jerry Jones and Bill Belichicks of the world. It was like that with my Raiders too, when Al was alive.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the law (and a Supreme Court ruling) she absolutely has the right once he used the homophobic slur (on top of the fact he stated he was going in to confront her) and I'm willing to bet that is exactly why she wasn't charged with anything.

Please show me this law.