• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe Mixon About To Get The Ray Rice Treatment

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone want to bet where he goes in the draft?

The whole premise of this thread is that he will be untouchable in the draft.

Let's see how many NFL teams share you guise chivalrous attitudes.

I assume he'll get drafted. Like Stoops, the NFL doesn't mind woman beaters as long as they're really good at playing football.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you described isn't a list -- it is a requirement for any athlete to keep their scholarship. It is called college.

As far as staying out of trouble, etc. Wouldn't Mixon be booted for ripping up a ticket and throwing it at an officer? Or misusing scholarship funds and failing to pay rent to the point he was evicted?

I told you I don't know the details, and neither do you. Fact is, it has been stated that Mixon had a set of requirements he had to meet to earn his way back on the team. If you're that worried about it see if Stoops will fill you in.

As for the latter part, the answer is simply no. You're blowing things out of proportion to try to make your point.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm going to go with the law in Oklahoma over "multiple people in here."

And that's if the assault and battery does not result in serious bodily injury, which this did.

Yes, and most times a first offender will be given a reduced or deferred sentence, largely due to over crowding in the jail system.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you described isn't a list -- it is a requirement for any athlete to keep their scholarship. It is called college.

As far as staying out of trouble, etc. Wouldn't Mixon be booted for ripping up a ticket and throwing it at an officer? Or misusing scholarship funds and failing to pay rent to the point he was evicted?

He's a dumb ass for not paying his rent. But the good news is there couldn't be a brighter, shining example of Oklahoma running a clean program. How easy would it have been for someone to slip him $700 under the table? But no, that didn't happen (good) and our star running back turns out to be a deadbeat (bad). Gotta look for the silver lining around those dark clouds, you know.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know non-athletes don't get those chances. 3rd stringers get slightly more (Only underclassmen that are 3rd stringers, upperclassmen get processed). Kids like Mixon and Speedy Noil get even more.

Yeah and I'm ready for Speedy Noil to be Speedy Gone.

I'm sick and tired of hearing about his off the field issues and suspensions for "violating team rules". It's not a good look for the team or the university.

Just like I was ready for Johnny Manziel to go. The drama he brought was just too much and all he did was sign autographs and get drunk. Wasn't like he was going around knocking girls out.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, he is going to lose. His draft position is going to take a hit and that is going to cost him. He will fall from the 2nd or 3rd round to a late 3rd day draft pick.
LET'S BET! :happy:

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LET'S BET! :happy:

If Mixon declares for the draft this year, do you really see a team taking him in the first 3 rounds?

RBs are already being down graded in the NFL and you think a team is going to risk a high draft pick on someone with his baggage and take the public relations head ache associated with it.

But if he does come out, I will definitely make that bet.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respect the fact you see some things differently now that the actual video and interview have spelled out differently than OU faithful thought happened.

The only part you are missing is -- once he admitted to calling the guy a fag, he turned into the instigator. She definitely shouldn't have went after him, but that comment is why he was the only one charged.

Also I agree, Stoops and OU are nowhere in the realm of the Baylor situation. That is in a category all by itself. It definitely isn't a good look for the Big 12 though, when you have schools like Baylor and then this happening at OU, along with allowing DGB to transfer in, etc. it can't help with the image of the conference and makes the programs look cheap.

I also agree, to an extent, how everyone deserves a 2nd chance. But when you are allowing guys like DGB to transfer in, I don't know the DeDe Westbrook story but sounds like his is bad too, coupled with Mixon. It makes OU seem like a program who couldn't care less what the players do off the field, as long they produce on it. It is enabling these kids to continue with the misconception that they can do no wrong, because they play football. OU is too much of a storied program to be in that category.

Dede was arrested for tossing his girlfriend around. And then he was later arrested again for biting her and then punching her in the face. He was charged for the second offense/beatdown.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dede was arrested for tossing his girlfriend around. And then he was later arrested again for biting her and then punching her in the face. He was charged for the second offense/beatdown.

Why is none of that on his record when they did his background check?

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if we're going to transition to Dede let's get every fanbase of all of the other teams that were recruiting him as well in here so they can feel the shame too.

Utah, WVU, Ok. State, and any that I may have missed....get in here and take your lumps.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know why it wasn't on the background check. Maybe OU isn't getting their money's worth from that service.

That being said, just because it wasn't in the background check doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Report: Dede Westbrook twice arrested on domestic violence complaints; WR tweets: 'Don't believe everything!!' | SportsDay

Yes. He was accused, and never convicted in either incident. Not buying it as it was claimed to have happened or he would've been convicted.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. He was accused, and never convicted in either incident. Not buying it.
From

Twice arrested on domestic violence complaints, OU’s Dede Westbrook took a complicated route to stardom

Montgomery, Westbrook’s mother, said after charges were filed, she went to talk with the woman.

“I told her, ‘You could ruin his life like that,’” Montgomery said.

Montgomery said prosecutors investigated and learned Westbrook was innocent. She said the woman went to prosecutors saying she lied about what happened.

Court documents, however, indicate the case was dismissed for “inability to locate state’s witness.”

John Redington, a Milam County assistant district attorney who worked the case, said there is no documentation of the woman responding to court correspondence. Documents indicate she was contacted by mail on May 31, 2013, but did not answer.

Westbrook and his mother appeared at an arraignment without an attorney June 12. The woman did not appear, and further attempts to contact her were unsuccessful, leading to the June 21 dismissal.

Dede's mom goes an leans on the witness and she doesn't show for court and the case was dismissed. Isn't that how Greg Hardy beat the rap with his domestic violence issue?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From

Twice arrested on domestic violence complaints, OU’s Dede Westbrook took a complicated route to stardom

Montgomery, Westbrook’s mother, said after charges were filed, she went to talk with the woman.

“I told her, ‘You could ruin his life like that,’” Montgomery said.

Montgomery said prosecutors investigated and learned Westbrook was innocent. She said the woman went to prosecutors saying she lied about what happened.

Court documents, however, indicate the case was dismissed for “inability to locate state’s witness.”

John Redington, a Milam County assistant district attorney who worked the case, said there is no documentation of the woman responding to court correspondence. Documents indicate she was contacted by mail on May 31, 2013, but did not answer.

Westbrook and his mother appeared at an arraignment without an attorney June 12. The woman did not appear, and further attempts to contact her were unsuccessful, leading to the June 21 dismissal.

Dede's mom goes an leans on the witness and she doesn't show for court and the case was dismissed. Isn't that how Greg Hardy beat the rap with his domestic violence issue?

Or she was actually lying about it and she called her out for it. Who's to say? Fact is, if he assaulted her the way she claimed, they'd have the evidence without her accusation and he'd have been convicted.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or she was actually lying about it and she called her out for it. Who's to say? Fact is, if he assaulted her the way she claimed, they'd have the evidence without her accusation and he'd have been convicted.

at least you're consistent