• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe Mixon About To Get The Ray Rice Treatment

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he's not running a charity, guy. That doesn't take away from my point. Hes still taking these guys and mentoring them to be better men. He's not letting these guys run roughshod over Norman. They have requirements they're forced to meet. If they don't, they're out. Bob has run a clean program throughout his tenure. That's no different now.

It does take away from your point. You said he should be given credit for giving these guys a second chance. But he is only doing so because it benefits himself.

And the requirements they are forced to meet -- what does it include?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try again. Maybe I'll bite on the next one.

duck_PNG5011.png

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does take away from your point. You said he should be given credit for giving these guys a second chance. But he is only doing so because it benefits himself.

And the requirements they are forced to meet -- what does it include?

To be honest, that's not necessarily true. You just hear about these guys because they're high profile. You have no idea what happens on the team with guys you never really hear about because they're not stars. And in the end, it doesn't matter. He's proven himself over and over, and it really doesn't matter what you think. His track record speaks for itself.

As for the requirements, sorry, but I don't have a list in front of me. I know it's been mentioned with players who've been given an opportunity in the past, and it's probably specific to each player. However, I'm sure it includes some combination of going to classes, keeping their grades up, and staying out of trouble in general. Any repeat offense is pretty much going to be met with the boot as has been shown in the past.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU football fans, I'd assume.

"Oh, yeah, someone said '{racist word}' it wasn't the victim, but someone said it. Boomer Sooner."

I have to that is sketchy. Only slur that can be verified was spoken by Mixon. In his statement he admitted using a gay slur. Outside of that the rest lacks credibility. Things like saying she knocked his sunglasses off, leave a lot a questions about his reliability

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for this 2nd chance BS, I will believe in that as soon as a football coach goes down to juvenile hall and tries to get a 5'6", fat, white kid into college. Until that happens I will go with coaches are just doing it for football reasons and hiding under the guise of altruism

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for this 2nd chance BS, I will believe in that as soon as a football coach goes down to juvenile hall and tries to get a 5'6", fat, white kid into college. Until that happens I will go with coaches are just doing it for football reasons and hiding under the guise of altruism

It's a combination of both. But like I said, you don't know what third stringers are given a chance because you never hear about it.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a combination of both. But like I said, you don't know what third stringers are given a chance because you never hear about it.

We know non-athletes don't get those chances. 3rd stringers get slightly more (Only underclassmen that are 3rd stringers, upperclassmen get processed). Kids like Mixon and Speedy Noil get even more.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know non-athletes don't get those chances. 3rd stringers get slightly more (Only underclassmen that are 3rd stringers, upperclassmen get processed). Kids like Mixon and Speedy Noil get even more.

Would a non-athlete have been kicked out of OU for that incident? I don't believe so. Nor should they.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I assume that had Mixon just been a regular student at OU and not a star football player, he'd have been expelled.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would a non-athlete have been kicked out of OU for that incident? I don't believe so. Nor should they.

I highly doubt that. No way does the University take this kind of heat for an average kid.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highly doubt that. No way does the University take this kind of heat for an average kid.

We'll agree to disagree on that. I could certainly see them revoking someone's scholarship though.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm with you on that. A 227 pound guy goes into a business for the sole reason of starting a confrontation with a woman that he outweighs by 80+ pounds and ends up violently knocking her out. If he wasn't a star athlete, he'd be out and very probably put in jail.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you on that. A 227 pound guy goes into a business for the sole reason of starting a confrontation with a woman that he outweighs by 80+ pounds and ends up violently knocking her out. If he wasn't a star athlete, he'd be out and very probably put in jail.

Not for a first offense. We don't live in a one strike society.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not for a first offense. We don't live in a one strike society.

I didn't say lock him up and throw away the key, but an average guy does that to a woman and you don't think they'd spend any time inside a jail cell? Holy fuck, you're a trip.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say lock him up and throw away the key, but an average guy does that to a woman and you don't think they'd spend any time inside a jail cell? Holy fuck, you're a trip.

No, and multiple people in here have already said that.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, that's not necessarily true. You just hear about these guys because they're high profile. You have no idea what happens on the team with guys you never really hear about because they're not stars. And in the end, it doesn't matter. He's proven himself over and over, and it really doesn't matter what you think. His track record speaks for itself.

As for the requirements, sorry, but I don't have a list in front of me. I know it's been mentioned with players who've been given an opportunity in the past, and it's probably specific to each player. However, I'm sure it includes some combination of going to classes, keeping their grades up, and staying out of trouble in general. Any repeat offense is pretty much going to be met with the boot as has been shown in the past.

What you described isn't a list -- it is a requirement for any athlete to keep their scholarship. It is called college.

As far as staying out of trouble, etc. Wouldn't Mixon be booted for ripping up a ticket and throwing it at an officer? Or misusing scholarship funds and failing to pay rent to the point he was evicted?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, and multiple people in here have already said that.

Yeah, I'm going to go with the law in Oklahoma over "multiple people in here."

Assault and battery
A crime of assault and battery that is not committed against a special victim, does not result in serious bodily injury, and does not involve the use of a dangerous weapon is a misdemeanor punishable by up to ninety days in jail or a $1,000 fine, or both. (Okla. Stat. Ann.Tit. 21, §644.)

And that's if the assault and battery does not result in serious bodily injury, which this did.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone want to bet where he goes in the draft?

The whole premise of this thread is that he will be untouchable in the draft.

Let's see how many NFL teams share you guise chivalrous attitudes.