• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe Mixon About To Get The Ray Rice Treatment

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody here has said he's justified and he certainly could've gotten a lot worse. Nobody has said he shouldn't have been punished. Frankly, I don't think any of us SOONER fans would've been shocked or protested much if he had. I also, do not have a problem with giving the kid a second chance on a very short leash. He had to earn his way to the team, much like Dvoracek did years ago. Bob Stoops has an impeccable record running a clean program and has given kids a second chance when he felt it was deserved throughout his tenure. He's also kicked some high profile players off his squad as well. There is a reason he has been voted the coach his peers would want their sons to play for multiple times.
I am not interested in being holier than thou for the lulz, these aren't easy things to discuss in an evenhanded way for most people. Calm down. There's a reason I am not interested in lighting up your mentions.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not interested in being holier than thou for the lulz, these aren't easy things to discuss in an evenhanded way for most people. Calm down. There's a reason I am not interested in lighting up your mentions.

Im as calm as can be bud. I got caught in a pissing contest by some trolling assholes earlier. That doesn't make what I just posted incorrect.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a reason he has been voted the coach his peers would want their sons to play for multiple times.

Yeah, probably because his peers figure that if Stoops will keep a piece of shit like Mixon on the team, their kids aren't going to get kicked off the team for some stupid shit.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's what you said.

Go look in the mirror and try to convince yourself you're not a little man.

Oh nooosss!!! Some faceless asshole on the Internet is calling my manhood into question!!! How will I ever go on???!!!

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, probably because his peers figure that if Stoops will keep a piece of shit like Mixon on the team, their kids aren't going to get kicked off the team for some stupid shit.

Try again. Maybe I'll bite on the next one.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope by now Mixon has learned a thing or two about what not to do, let this remain a really awful mistake, and not a pattern.

I'll drink to that, though if I had to bet, I'd bet the latter.

Well, it doesn't look like he has done a 180°.

Documents detail altercation between OU’s Joe Mixon and parking attendant

Oklahoma's Joe Mixon shows no shred of remorse for punching a woman

Joe Mixon Evicted from Oklahoma Apartment ... Get Out, Deadbeat!

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, we've already discussed those things and those of you with your agenda are overnlowing them to try to make your point. He's bad with money and he got into an argument with a parking attendant. Hardly the same as punching a woman. Also, he was punished for the incident with the parking attendant. He missed a conference game this season.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She instigated, but his response was not proportionate to the threat at hand. Just not a good look on his part.

Someone mentioned that his attorneys were the ones that wanted to release the tape? For what purpose? I think it does more harm than good for their client.
Neither side wanted the video to come out. It was the local media suing under FOI to get it. The judge ruled to release it and his lawyers elected to get it out now before the bowls and get it over with. Her lawyers were against releasing it at this time.

If that had been my daughter I would have told her next time keep your fucking hands to yourself and maybe you avoid this situation. Of course I'd want the kid punished for his serious overreaction. And he was. He doesn't deserve a death penalty (NFL/professionally speaking) for one really dumb mistake. He just doesn't. He did cause her a bunch of pain and suffering so sue his ass like everyone else in the country and let him go make his money so you can collect on it and move on.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we've already discussed those things and those of you with your agenda are overnlowing them to try to make your point. He's bad with money and he got into an argument with a parking attendant. Hardly the same as punching a woman. Also, he was punished for the incident with the parking attendant. He missed a conference game this season.

You are correct, they are not the same as punching a woman. However, they are examples of his character (or lack there of) and shows a pattern.

• Not paying his bills - not responsible with the money the school is giving him.
  • Tearing up the parking ticket - says alot. It tells me that he feels that he is above the rules everyone else has to live by and thinks he can get away with anything. Ole Bob suspended him for a whole game. A conference game at that. It was a big game against Iowa State too.
  • No remorse for knocking the girl out - He just doesn't get the seriousness of what he did. Can you blame him? All he got for punishment was a defacto redshirt year.
I'm all for giving people another chance, but A) it shouldn't have been at OU and B) he keeps getting in trouble. You would think that if he had any respect for the gravity of the situation, he would be on his best behavior.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct, they are not the same as punching a woman. However, they are examples of his character (or lack there of) and shows a pattern.

• Not paying his bills - not responsible with the money the school is giving him.
  • Tearing up the parking ticket - says alot. It tells me that he feels that he is above the rules everyone else has to live by and thinks he can get away with anything. Ole Bob suspended him for a whole game. A conference game at that. It was a big game against Iowa State too.
  • No remorse for knocking the girl out - He just doesn't get the seriousness of what he did. Can you blame him? All he got for punishment was a defacto redshirt year.
I'm all for giving people another chance, but A) it shouldn't have been at OU and B) he keeps getting in trouble. You would think that if he had any respect for the gravity of the situation, he would be on his best behavior.

I've already addressed the BS no remorse argument. It's crap and you know it. And you're telling me a 20 year old kid is not responsible with money???!!! Oh the humanity!!!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm way too fucking lazy to go read that shit, but has he been accused of any crimes since this incident because he was on probation and that should have triggered if he was.

If this kid has a DUI, any type of assault (against man or woman) or otherwise gets convicted of any other type of crime then more should happen to him. I mean it's not likely to, but it should.

If he has not been charged with any other crime I don't see what people are expecting to happen here. He had his day in court and complied with the results of that. The team/school gave their punishment on top of it and he paid that too. We can't go back and up it just because now the video is out for the public to see. Presumably everyone who already made their judgments in this case had that video at the time. So blame the system for being too light maybe, but I'm not even seeing that.

We put some rapists in jail for less than a year. Most aren't in for more than 6 months. If we keep it all real and in perspective, punching a chick that at least initiated contact first doesn't warrant some massive end of career response given how light we are on other more heinous crimes.

His punishment isn't over either. No doubt his draft day status will suffer. If he was a late first round pick before this, he might be lucky to get picked up in the 3rd round now and that's going to cost him a shit ton of money. He's looking at losing at least $5 million in this PR hit. On top of everything else he has already paid.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that was some kind of stupid to say.
Saw that and was like :wtf: How many dudes give you a half hearted open handed slap to the side of your face? You gay bro? :noidea:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw that and was like :wtf: How many dudes give you a half hearted open handed slap to the side of your face? You gay bro? :noidea:

I get trying to cover your ass a little bit, but that was just stupid. He didn't do himself any favors there.