• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe Mixon About To Get The Ray Rice Treatment

Superdeluxe

Montlake
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Complete agree, you can disagree with what she did and also disagree with what Mixon did in response. It is not an either/or kind of thing.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She was outta line but not to the point she deserved to get knocked the fuck out.

I'm not excusing what he did and without the sound it's hard to know whether he possibly even instigated it. But, if unprovoked physically, I shove a guy and then go for his neck I know that I'd better be ready to duck. Why shouldn't she ?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not excusing what he did and without the sound it's hard to know whether he possibly even instigated it. But, if unprovoked physically, I shove a guy and then go for his neck I know that I'd better be ready to duck. Why shouldn't she ?

Because she's not a guy. What Mixon did was wrong, he should have been the better person & walk away. If he's really a man he would have done that, but he didn't.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because she's not a guy. What Mixon did was wrong, he should have been the better person & walk away. If he's really a man he would have done that, but he didn't.

I agree that what Mixon did was wrong. It was totally unnecessary given the discrepancy in their sizes and strength. I don't agree that she should feel free to physically go after a guy, without fear of a physical response, just because she's a woman.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Complete agree, you can disagree with what she did and also disagree with what Mixon did in response. It is not an either/or kind of thing.

Thing is, these dumb asses keep acting like OU fans are saying Mixon's response was justified, and he deserved a free pass. That's not true at all. We all know, and admit that his use of force and his repsonse to her was excessive an inappropriate. He deserved to be punished. The only argument that is being made is that in light of the fact that he was provoked by being pushed, and then slapped, and the fact that she received not legal punishment or punishment from the school of any kind in spite of having an existing bench warrant out, his punishment seems fair. He entered an Alford plea, charged with a misdemeanor, required to perform 100 hours of community service, placed on probation, and removed from the football team for a year. That last part is something people seem to have a misconception about by the way. They seem to think he was red shirted. He was completely cut off from the team, and not even allowed to attend functions such as pep rallies.

Again, nobody is claiming he was justified. Just that he was punished two years ago, and his punishment was adequate. We can disagree on whether his punishment was adequate. Given the circumstances, I feel they were. However, this notion that bob stoops is creating a culture that promotes violence against women is complete garbage. Clay Travis went so far as to say that Bob Stoops tried to cover up the video, which is pure garbage. That video was sealed by a judge. Bob and David Boren were completely forthcoming about what was on the video. Frankly, if it were me I'd be suing that tool's ass for libel.

Nonetheless, this garbage line that anything was covered up, or that anyone is saying Mixon was innocent is pure garbage and is either shitty trolling, or the result of the inability of sheep to think for themselves who are simply echoing what the media is putting out there without knowing a damn thing. To think that people are taking what douche bags like clay Travis says as fact is simply dumbfounding. What's stunning is this tool suggested a red shirt year and probation for that recruit who went to Mississippi state who was videos pummeling a female student on the ground repeatedly. Where is the outrage for that?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that what Mixon did was wrong. It was totally unnecessary given the discrepancy in their sizes and strength. I don't agree that she should feel free to physically go after a guy, without fear of a physical response, just because she's a woman.

She didn't deck him, he did deck her though. If he wanted to get a point across he could have just pushed her & then walk away. Like I've said a couple of times in different comments she was outta line, but what he did was much worse.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty well against hitting women, but I didn't really have an opinion on this matter because I didn't know much about it.

I just saw the video on YouTube. Holy shit. How anyone could say that she instigated it is laughable. He went into that place for the sole reason of confronting her and was aggressively postured the whole time. The moment she moved towards him, he starts the violence. Game, set, match. Mixon's a fucking animal that should be locked in a cage.

There's no way I could root for a guy that I saw do that to a chick.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is, these dumb asses keep acting like OU fans are saying Mixon's response was justified, and he deserved a free pass. That's not true at all. We all know, and admit that his use of force and his repsonse to her was excessive an inappropriate. He deserved to be punished. The only argument that is being made is that in light of the fact that he was provoked by being pushed, and then slapped, and the fact that she received not legal punishment or punishment from the school of any kind in spite of having an existing bench warrant out, his punishment seems fair. He entered an Alford plea, charged with a misdemeanor, required to perform 100 hours of community service, placed on probation, and removed from the football team for a year. That last part is something people seem to have a misconception about by the way. They seem to think he was red shirted. He was completely cut off from the team, and not even allowed to attend functions such as pep rallies.

Again, nobody is claiming he was justified. Just that he was punished two years ago, and his punishment was adequate. We can disagree on whether his punishment was adequate. Given the circumstances, I feel they were. However, this notion that bob stoops is creating a culture that promotes violence against women is complete garbage. Clay Travis went so far as to say that Bob Stoops tried to cover up the video, which is pure garbage. That video was sealed by a judge. Bob and David Boren were completely forthcoming about what was on the video. Frankly, if it were me I'd be suing that tool's ass for libel.

Nonetheless, this garbage line that anything was covered up, or that anyone is saying Mixon was innocent is pure garbage and is either shitty trolling, or the result of the inability of sheep to think for themselves who are simply echoing what the media is putting out there without knowing a damn thing. To think that people are taking what douche bags like clay Travis says as fact is simply dumbfounding. What's stunning is this tool suggested a red shirt year and probation for that recruit who went to Mississippi state who was videos pummeling a female student on the ground repeatedly. Where is the outrage for that?

I don't think the punishment was adequate. I also, don't buy any of the excuses that:
  • she started it - what she did in now way warranted the violence Mixon used.
  • she has a record - an old pot arrest? That has no bearing on this situation. If she had a history of violence or abuse, maybe.
  • she didn't get punished and Mixon did - really Joe didn't get to practice or go to pep rallies? How terrible. She had surgery and her jaw wired shut. Then had to put up with people that took Mixon's side and put all of this on her.
  • If they kicked him off the team he would just go somewhere else - ok, fine that's their head ache now and we don't put up with punching women here.
I'm not saying that she is an angle and Mixon the devil, but he got off light.

I would not want Mixon on the team at A&M no matter how many stars he had or what his 40 time was. I would like to think that Sumlin would kick him off the team. Bob Stoops didn't and would would be mad as hell about that if I was an OU fan. Jimbo Fisher kicked a highly touted QB to the curb for a lesser punch. If you have less discipline than Jimbo Fisher, you have a problem.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the punishment was adequate. I also, don't buy any of the excuses that:
  • she started it - what she did in now way warranted the violence Mixon used.
  • she has a record - an old pot arrest? That has no bearing on this situation. If she had a history of violence or abuse, maybe.
  • she didn't get punished and Mixon did - really Joe didn't get to practice or go to pep rallies? How terrible. She had surgery and her jaw wired shut. Then had to put up with people that took Mixon's side and put all of this on her.
  • If they kicked him off the team he would just go somewhere else - ok, fine that's their head ache now and we don't put up with punching women here.
I'm not saying that she is an angle and Mixon the devil, but he got off light.

I would not want Mixon on the team at A&M no matter how many stars he had or what his 40 time was. I would like to think that Sumlin would kick him off the team. Bob Stoops didn't and would would be mad as hell about that if I was an OU fan. Jimbo Fisher kicked a highly touted QB to the curb for a lesser punch. If you have less discipline than Jimbo Fisher, you have a problem.

Well just have to disagree on some things. Nevertheless, Stoops, Boren, and Castiglione ain't going anywhere because of this, and this garbage narrative that a culture has been allowed to develop akin to Baylor where numerous rapes were covered up and victims were intimidated and bullied is bull shit. Bob has an exemplary track record, and these talking heads spreading flat out lies ought to be sued for their shit.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well just have to disagree on some things. Nevertheless, Stoops, Boren, and Castiglione ain't going anywhere because of this, and this garbage narrative that a culture has been allowed to develop akin to Baylor is bull shit. Bob has an exemplary track record, and these talking heads spreading flat out lies ought to be sued for their shit.

You're defending him? On what grounds?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read my post, Slinky. It's all there. I didn't type out three paragraphs so I could type it again.

Yeah, just read it.

You think the punishment was adequate. Maybe you didn't see the same video I did. In my opinion, if a guy acts like that to anyone, particularly a woman, he should be put in a cage.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, just read it.

You think the punishment was adequate. Maybe you didn't see the same video I did. In my opinion, if a guy acts like that to anyone, particularly a woman, he should be put in a cage.

We clearly disagree on what we saw. While I agree it was stupid for Mixon to follow her in, I do not see him bowing up and acting aggressively the whole time. We also do not know what occurred outside the shop either. That of course is not justification for what happened. Just saying we still don't know all the information. We clearly have dissimilar interpretation of some things on that video. I will not get into a debate about subjective opinions again. From now on I will only discuss what we can agree are facts. We can both agree that he was provoked multiple times and he reacted inappropriately and deserved to answer for what his role in that altercation was. You think it wasn't adequate, I do. I seriously doubt either of us is going to change the others opinion.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well just have to disagree on some things. Nevertheless, Stoops, Boren, and Castiglione ain't going anywhere because of this, and this garbage narrative that a culture has been allowed to develop akin to Baylor where numerous rapes were covered up and victims were intimidated and bullied is bull shit. Bob has an exemplary track record, and these talking heads spreading flat out lies ought to be sued for their shit.

Hello Mixon, Westbrook, and Dorial Green Beckham.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lance, I can't even see your posts. As far as I'm concerned, your very existence on here is in question. Find someone else to troll with your special brand of bull shit.