• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe Flacco

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@NFL-Solomon you are certainly welcome on this forum to express your views and debate your opinions. I took exception to your opening conclusion that I would be "sad" based on Flacco's play. That was not an attempt to discuss Flacco's merits as a contributor to the Denver Bronco's season, but an attack on me for having the opinion that I have. The Broncos don't necessary need a star QB - they do need a competent one.

The culture here is not to come after people, but to debate the merits of their opinions. I wish you many happy returns.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solomon’s claim to have stumbled into this thread/the Broncos forum from the “recent threads” feature notwithstanding, I can understand why a Steelers fan would dislike both Flacco and the Broncos in general. The Broncos and Steelers have a very underrated rivalry with both teams dealing the other a couple disappointing playoff losses.

All that aside, Flacco just might work here. Even last year with Keenum and some of the worst coaching we’ve seen at an NFL level in probably 20+ years the Broncos were actually a pretty competitive team most weeks last year. They weren’t getting boat raced the way the 2017 team did, and had some pretty solid wins (including one over the Steelers that proved to be the beginning of the end of their season).

To believe Flacco to be an adequate enough upgrade to Keenum to put them over the top in some of those close games isn't unreasonable. And of course we know it isn’t that simple: new coaching, also believed to be an upgrade, is another big variable. And the biggest variable is it’s all different teams on the schedule this year.

No outcome will surprise me. There’s a lot of change and it’s probably not realistic to expect all of it to click. But we’ve seen that sort of thing happen before so it’s also not outside the realm of possible. Especially in the NFL.

NFL-Solomon

The Father of The Potato Salad Poll Option
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@NFL-Solomon you are certainly welcome on this forum to express your views and debate your opinions. I took exception to your opening conclusion that I would be "sad" based on Flacco's play. That was not an attempt to discuss Flacco's merits as a contributor to the Denver Bronco's season, but an attack on me for having the opinion that I have. The Broncos don't necessary need a star QB - they do need a competent one.

The culture here is not to come after people, but to debate the merits of their opinions. I wish you many happy returns.

Well, maybe that wasn't the best approach I opened with. (for that I apologize) However, I didn't mean it to be insulting or an attack, it was more like, that I thought you were going to be disappointed when it comes to actual games. But I wasn't really planning on a detailed explanation at that point as to why. But even once you got me all riled up, I still showed tremendous restraint (well for me, anyways) as the phrase I'm most known for typing, even more than "Potato Salad" is "idiot"

I'm certainly willing to bury said hatchets if you are. Peace.

P.S. As far as this, you have a pretty solid team otherwise. EDIT: And definitely more of a "team" than the Steelers with our recent internal chaos.

Last edited:

NFL-Solomon

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solomon’s claim to have stumbled into this thread/the Broncos forum from the “recent threads” feature notwithstanding, I can understand why a Steelers fan would dislike both Flacco and the Broncos in general. The Broncos and Steelers have a very underrated rivalry with both teams dealing the other a couple disappointing playoff losses.

All that aside, Flacco just might work here. Even last year with Keenum and some of the worst coaching we’ve seen at an NFL level in probably 20+ years the Broncos were actually a pretty competitive team most weeks last year. They weren’t getting boat raced the way the 2017 team did, and had some pretty solid wins (including one over the Steelers that proved to be the beginning of the end of their season).

To believe Flacco to be an adequate enough upgrade to Keenum to put them over the top in some of those close games isn't unreasonable. And of course we know it isn’t that simple: new coaching, also believed to be an upgrade, is another big variable. And the biggest variable is it’s all different teams on the schedule this year.

No outcome will surprise me. There’s a lot of change and it’s probably not realistic to expect all of it to click. But we’ve seen that sort of thing happen before so it’s also not outside the realm of possible. Especially in the NFL.
… But I don't dislike the Broncos, I like them. For not being my team, they are still on my "good guys" list, not my "evil scumbag" list like for example, the Ratbirds.

In fact there is only one thing really I would be in serious contention with most Bronco fans about, but I'd never bring it out on your team board. … and I'd rather not bring that ugly mess out for a while anyway.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
… But I don't dislike the Broncos, I like them. For not being my team, they are still on my "good guys" list, not my "evil scumbag" list like for example, the Ratbirds.

In fact there is only one thing really I would be in serious contention with most Bronco fans about, but I'd never bring it out on your team board. … and I'd rather not bring that ugly mess out for a while anyway.

Oh come on! Now you have to tell us! Besides, it’s June. We have very little else to talk about before football starts!

NFL-Solomon

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh come on! Now you have to tell us! Besides, it’s June. We have very little else to talk about before football starts!

No, no, I'm just turning the corner with you guys. I don't want to go on the Public Enemies list.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, no, I'm just turning the corner with you guys. I don't want to go on the Public Enemies list.
Lol sol. Team boards r usually no troll zones. That’s y some were upset on the steelers board.

Main boards are all out war.

Broncos posters are generally good folk.

Plus come on sol, look who they hve us at qb. I mean I think flacco is awful, but this is a major upgrade. And I don’t mean that to be a shot. I’m not sold at all on lock, but to get him in round two, maybe he can develop and show out, with flacco holding place for a year. I just think with that d, they need to win NOW and I dunno that joe can do that.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Keenum in 2018 had the same stats as Flacco in 2017

One team went 6-10
One team went 10-6

Why?

NFL-Solomon

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol sol. Team boards r usually no troll zones. That’s y some were upset on the steelers board.

Main boards are all out war.

Broncos posters are generally good folk.

Plus come on sol, look who they hve us at qb. I mean I think flacco is awful, but this is a major upgrade. And I don’t mean that to be a shot. I’m not sold at all on lock, but to get him in round two, maybe he can develop and show out, with flacco holding place for a year. I just think with that d, they need to win NOW and I dunno that joe can do that.
I WASN'T TROLLING. Believe me, you'll know it when and if I'm trolling, I'm not subtle about it.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how about that pineapple on pizza thing? WTF is up with that? Hawaiian? No way, more like abomination, am I right or what?

NFL-Solomon

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how about that pineapple on pizza thing? WTF is up with that? Hawaiian? No way, more like abomination, am I right or what?
Meh, there are worse things, at least it isn't F***ing avacados or guacamole. F***ing sick ass hipster California phegs, putting that green pus on everything nowadays.

NFL-Solomon

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Keenum in 2018 had the same stats as Flacco in 2017

One team went 6-10
One team went 10-6

Why?
The 6-10 team played in a division that was much more competitive last year with 2 powerhouse other teams.

:D
You're welcome.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-3 vs 2-4 that accounts for 1 game.

My belief Is the real answer lies more with a +5 point differential. Denver's D needs to get back to 19 ppg and the offense needs to come up to 24 or 3 points more per game.

I will judge Vic on wins and losses and ppg. Same with Flacco.

Baltimore was +5 in 2017
Denver was -1 in 2018

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, there are worse things, at least it isn't F***ing avacados or guacamole. F***ing sick ass hipster California phegs, putting that green pus on everything nowadays.

Avocado is delicious. Pineapple on pizza though...you might as well just eat from the bottom of a garbage can

NFL-Solomon

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Avocado is delicious. Pineapple on pizza though...you might as well just eat from the bottom of a garbage can

Pineapple= a meh, but unremarkable fruit
Avocado= if it's green, it's too old to be food
Guacamole=Nothing else looks as much like pus that poured from a putrefying wound.

Pineapple>Avocado>Guacamole

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guacamole=Nothing else looks as much like pus that poured from a putrefying wound.

I'll eat pineapple raw.
I'll eat avocado off the floor. (I do sometimes, if the seed is still in the side that fell.)
I'll eat Guac off anything stationary long enough to dip a chip in it.

NFL-Solomon

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll eat pineapple raw.
I'll eat avocado off the floor. (I do sometimes, if the seed is still in the side that fell.)
I'll eat Guac off anything stationary long enough to dip a chip in it.
Good God man, get some professional help!

It's a wonder you're not a Cleveland Browns fan instead of a Bronco fan!

:D

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pineapple: sprinkle cinnamon on it and eat it raw if possible, your S/O will thank you

Avocado: delicious and versatile

Pizza: stop putting pineapple on it

Pizza>Avocado>Pineapple

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know everyone wants to believe that Flacco is big improvement over Keenum, but I think the coaching last year was as much to blame for the lack of Keenum success then anything. The coaching staff did not play to his strengths which is no fault of his. Keenum is not going to be a Hall of Famer, but I do believe he is better then the QB we saw last year.

With Flacco I hope he be efficient and avoid 3 and outs. I do have hope that the new coaching staff will be able to put a more consistent offense on the field then last year, and that is if Flacco is no better then Keenum. The one thing Flacco has is a big arm to stretch the field which should play into Sutton's strengths. Add in what I hope is a good running game. It could be very difficult for defenses to defend.

I am no Flacco fan, never have been. It was like a nightmare when we traded for him. He does have some tools that may help the offense and the team be more successful. Only time will tell. Hopefully by week 10 we are discussing playoffs and who should we draft in the top 10 of the draft.