• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe Flacco

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a real piece of work. You throw the tantrum, and I'm the one with the problem, LMAO@U

My satisfaction, which previously wasn't, will be watching Joe Mediocre play. Normally I like Denver, thanks for disabusing me of the notion they had reasonable fans.

Spoken like a person with a 9 pound brain tumor. Seek medical attention.

NFL-Solomon

The Father of The Potato Salad Poll Option
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spoken like a person with a 9 pound brain tumor. Seek medical attention.
Personal attacks SO improve your case. :crazy:

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won a super bowl in 2015 that way with mediocre QBs that flashed at the right moments

NFL-Solomon

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go tell you mother she wants you. Let's see if that works.
You can't help further embarrassing yourself, can you?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally I like Denver, thanks for disabusing me of the notion they had reasonable fans.

I have a notion this may be you:

5a766d4979d9e0fa1776f9d08f164ff8.jpg

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't help further embarrassing yourself, can you?

Solomon, while I cannot speak for everyone here, I can say with all certainty that Mingo ( like myself ) is extremely welcoming and appreciates the opinions and contributions of any and all non Bronco fans .. Personally speaking, Mingo is on my Mount Rushmore of forum members going all the way back to the old days of Mouth Off some 20 years ago ..

In other words, don't come into our house and start shit with the finest of the fine without expecting tossed tomatoes and other debris ..

As far as Flacco .. I don't believe that fans of the Steelers have exclusive opinions or any sort of insider information ...

Interestingly, my good friend Mike is a lifelong fan of the Dolphins, and from experience, he agrees with me in that the most dreaded road game of the past two decades has been that miserable trip to Baltimore where winning has been rare ..

Although Joe Flacco came aboard in 2008 after that first run the Ravens had w/ Brian Billick, Joe fit right in to the culture and attitude there -- Ozzie Newsome never failed to field a team that fit the attitude and winning culture ...

You cannot really question Joe's stats leading up to and the year of that SB run in 2012 .. He fit into that team, and was unquestionably the leader of the offense and performed with balls of steel ( get it ? ) in that SB run where he went in to the houses of Manning ( who he totally outplayed ), Big Ben and Brady ...

If we're going to look at Joe's stats after that SB run -- let's take 2014 in which Gary Kubiak was his OC - Joe had a fantastic year, looking as good - if not better and more comfortable - then he ever had ..

2014 - 16 games - 62.1 comp percentage, 27 TDs .. 12 Ints .. 91 QB rating .. 3986 yards

2015 -10 games - 64.4 % ... 14 TD ... 12 Int ... 83.1 rating 2791 yds -- an injury plagued down year after Kube's departure

2016 - 16 games - 64.9 % ... 20 TD ... 15 INT ... 83.5 rating ... 4317 yards

2017 - 16 games - 64.1 % ... 18 TD .. 13 INT ... 80.4 rating ... 3141 yards

2018 - 9 games - 61.2 ... 12 TD .. 6 INT .. 84.2 ... 2465 -- started the season pretty good, all things considered as a lame duck

Of course, the stats do not tell everything ..

As I'm sure you know, Flacco had a few things to contend with both on and off the field:

- Ozzie Newsome's pending departure

- The uncertainty of Harbaugh remaining as the HC

- The career long lack of talent at the WR spot .. seriously, I don't think I need to list the WRs that Flacco had during his time in Balt .. For a guy with such a huge arm, was it that his TEs were really that good or was it just the fact that the organization and scheme didn't value big time talent at the WR spot ?

- Ray Rice situation ... regardless of what anyone may say, this type of upheaval in an organization is not good or conducive to winning football .... The 9ers experienced something similar ( albeit worse ) with all the issues they had and it toppled the organization

With all that said, are Bronco fans celebrating the second coming of Peyton Manning as an acquisition ?? no at all ... Is Jersey Joe an upgrade over what we've seen the past 4 years ?? Absolutely ..

Homerism aside, I think the Broncos are going to surprise ( shock ? ) a lot of followers of the NFL this season ...

Like he did in Baltimore, Joe fits what this organization needs right now ... A veteran presence who will stabilize a position that has been nothing short of a disaster ..

NFL-Solomon

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solomon, while I cannot speak for everyone here, I can say with all certainty that Mingo ( like myself ) is extremely welcoming and appreciates the opinions and contributions of any and all non Bronco fans .. Personally speaking, Mingo is on my Mount Rushmore of forum members going all the way back to the old days of Mouth Off some 20 years ago ..

In other words, don't come into our house and start shit with the finest of the fine without expecting tossed tomatoes and other debris ..

As far as Flacco .. I don't believe that fans of the Steelers have exclusive opinions or any sort of insider information …

So, that means you are so stand up of a guy, you are going to ignore the fact that he started with the attacks, going after the Steelers when it had NOTHING to do with Joe Flacco. And also ignore then him escalating to personal attacks. All the while I did not reciprocate. OK, I get it, he's you're friend, and I'm an outsider, but let's be honest here. I criticized Flacco, not him, not the Broncos organization, not the fanbase, and only commented he was a piece of work, well, when he showed that. He may be great most of the time, but please, let's not pretend he was this time simply because he's a fellow Broncos fan.

Look, it's not like I came in all "Broncos suck" or "Bronco fans are evil" I simply tried to reign in his totally unwarranted enthusiasm as a student of Flacco thru his whole career. I mean no ill will towards the Broncos fanbase, and if he didn't go all tool on me, I would like to have been able to say I was wrong, but now, quite the opposite.

NFL-Solomon

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a notion this may be you:

5a766d4979d9e0fa1776f9d08f164ff8.jpg

Seriously, … what do you even mean by that? That I'm painting with a broad stokes?

If judging his entire career is broad stokes, … yeah, guilty.

If you mean broad strokes as in judging your whole fanbase by this encounter? … Not yet.

NFL-Solomon

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won a super bowl in 2015 that way with mediocre QBs that flashed at the right moments

… And I would have said, "Good luck to you guys with that" if your buddy Mingo didn't tool off on me.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he didn't go all tool on me, I would like to have been able to say I was wrong, but now, quite the opposite.

Yes - this is the body of your work.

NFL-Solomon

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes - this is the body of your work.
That I would have wished your fanbase well if you hadn't have been so boorish???

You would make a lousy attorney.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, that means you are so stand up of a guy, you are going to ignore the fact that he started with the attacks, going after the Steelers when it had NOTHING to do with Joe Flacco. And also ignore then him escalating to personal attacks. All the while I did not reciprocate. OK, I get it, he's you're friend, and I'm an outsider, but let's be honest here. I criticized Flacco, not him, not the Broncos organization, not the fanbase, and only commented he was a piece of work, well, when he showed that. He may be great most of the time, but please, let's not pretend he was this time simply because he's a fellow Broncos fan.

Look, it's not like I came in all "Broncos suck" or "Bronco fans are evil" I simply tried to reign in his totally unwarranted enthusiasm as a student of Flacco thru his whole career. I mean no ill will towards the Broncos fanbase, and if he didn't go all tool on me, I would like to have been able to say I was wrong, but now, quite the opposite.

First, I for one would love for you to stick around and post more often .. and no, I don;t view you as "the outsider" but rather a fan who does't know Mingo - no fault of your own, as you haven;t posted here too much, if at all ..

My point in bringing up Mingo's character is that if you were to post here in the future, I am sure that he'd welcome you and that you'd eventually be able to laugh about the first few posts you guys shared ..

This place could be viewed as just a message forum and all these names are simply words on a screen, but I guarantee that if you stay around, you and Ming would put all this stuff behind you and get along pretty well, as the topic here is the team I love, but it wouldn't mean squat if the people here weren't genuine and very worthwhile to chat with ..

NFL-Solomon

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, I'm leaving, I don't want someone complaining to get me banned for being mean (even tho I wasn't) on YOUR team board. (and honestly, I didn't even know it WAS your team board until after my "class dismissed" comment. I found the thread on the recents and saw the title)

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I STILL LIKE CHEESE!

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, I'm leaving, I don't want someone complaining to get me banned for being mean (even tho I wasn't) on YOUR team board. (and honestly, I didn't even know it WAS your team board until after my "class dismissed" comment. I found the thread on the recents and saw the title)

I still think you should stick around Solomon .. no one is gonna complain to anyone about banning anyone .. I'm not even sure if anyone knows who to complain to ..

This place is sorta like if all the visiting kids in Willy Wonka's chocolate factory we set loose unchaperoned ...

I know, I know, you're a Steeler fan so you are used to high drama and personality clashes ( wink wink ) ... But Bronco fans are civilized and heavily herbalized good samaritans who you'll find a common bond with in the burgeoning hate for all things Cleveland Browns ... I think you've survived the initial bump, and you'll see that Mingo is really the John Steed of this forum ..

NFL-Solomon

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think you should stick around Solomon .. no one is gonna complain to anyone about banning anyone .. I'm not even sure if anyone knows who to complain to ..

This place is sorta like if all the visiting kids in Willy Wonka's chocolate factory we set loose unchaperoned ...

I know, I know, you're a Steeler fan so you are used to high drama and personality clashes ( wink wink ) ... But Bronco fans are civilized and heavily herbalized good samaritans who you'll find a common bond with in the burgeoning hate for all things Cleveland Browns ... I think you've survived the initial bump, and you'll see that Mingo is really the John Steed of this forum ..
Well, I meant this thread (even tho I just now violated that) not avoid your board forever, but I have had previous bad experiences on another site, where butthurt Bears fans cried to the ownership to have me banned because I disturbed a circle jerk on their board. (I wasn't banned by the way. … and (note my joined date) I got Hammerclowned once before here for way less than my misunderstanding here. (I had the temerity to ask him a question) so I figured it best to let things cool between me and your boy Mingo.

And no, I am not acclimated to drama, … but well acclimated to personality conflicts as I'm told I can be abrasive.

and

Fuck the Browns!