• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe Flacco

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have fallen into the habit of listening to Bronco podcasts while driving around Texas. One such podcast recently - and I don't remember which one - they were talking about Joe Flacco's performance against the Bronco defense in 11/11 drills.

This was the very same drill where Von Miller was quoted that Flacco uncorked an 80 yard throw to Brandon Langley. They said Flacco went straight down the field making his reads and taking what the defense gives him. One drive had like 3 different 8 yard completions to Heuerman. Flacco caps off this "drive" with a TD in the back of the end zone to Tim Patrick. Fangio then steps in and challenges the offense to do it again. The defense makes the stop - drill over.

This kind of drive (non-tackle football in the drill, of course) - the Broncos haven't had a QB with the ability to that in 3 years. If Flacco can do that in games - and hold the threat over the defense he can go over their heads with the ball - the offensive line will look good and the Broncos will score points.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will put more stock in what happens in training camp then OTAs. The pre-season games mean more then training camp. Then obviously the regular season is the true test.

I am not going to get too excited over what happens in shorts and helmets.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flacco is a professional QB
Keenum is a professional backup
Not spectacular but consistent as hell

Team is also run my a professional coach
Only ?? Is Scans as a first time playcaller

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that same event referenced in an article recently. Apparently Flacco made some sort of snappy comment because Fangio said that the wrong D was on the field when it happened.

NFL-Solomon

The Father of The Potato Salad Poll Option
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have fallen into the habit of listening to Bronco podcasts while driving around Texas. One such podcast recently - and I don't remember which one - they were talking about Joe Flacco's performance against the Bronco defense in 11/11 drills.

This was the very same drill where Von Miller was quoted that Flacco uncorked an 80 yard throw to Brandon Langley. They said Flacco went straight down the field making his reads and taking what the defense gives him. One drive had like 3 different 8 yard completions to Heuerman. Flacco caps off this "drive" with a TD in the back of the end zone to Tim Patrick. Fangio then steps in and challenges the offense to do it again. The defense makes the stop - drill over.

This kind of drive (non-tackle football in the drill, of course) - the Broncos haven't had a QB with the ability to that in 3 years. If Flacco can do that in games - and hold the threat over the defense he can go over their heads with the ball - the offensive line will look good and the Broncos will score points.
Oh man, I'm so sorry, … you are going to be a very sad man.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man, I'm so sorry, … you are going to be a very sad man.

Flacco's record against the Steelers - doesn't make me sad.

Baltimore Ravens: Joe Flacco has the Pittsburgh Steelers number

dating back to 2011 and including a victory in the 2014 AFC Wild Card Playoffs at Heinz Field, Flacco has been superb in this rivalry. He owns an 8-4 record in 12 outings (missing a meeting in 2015 at Baltimore) and has thrown more than three times as many touchdown passes (16) than interceptions (5) in those contests. Flacco has taken 27 sacks and lost three of his nine fumbles. And, keep in mind, that four of those eight victories came in the Steel City.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly what do the Steelers have to do with my comment anyways? And how many of those contests was Flacco playing against the backup QB?

LOL - your second question answers your first question. You're a Steelers fan - perhaps you have a biased point of view about Flacco.

I do appreciate the prospective empathy.

NFL-Solomon

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL - your second question answers your first question. You're a Steelers fan - perhaps you have a biased point of view about Flacco.

I do appreciate the prospective empathy.
Hey, YOU brought up the Steelers angle, all I was trying to do was warn you the guy is mediocre, with flashes of brilliance and flashes of suck.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, YOU brought up the Steelers angle, all I was trying to do was warn you the guy is mediocre, with flashes of brilliance and flashes of suck.

I showed you facts - you responded with your opinion which contradicts the facts. I respect you have an opinion. I just don't subscribe to it.

NFL-Solomon

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I showed you facts - you responded with your opinion which contradicts the facts. I respect you have an opinion. I just don't subscribe to it.
No, you showed me cherry picked selection of stats, factual, but disingenuous to label as "the facts". For "The Facts" you have to be complete.

Here are the facts:
Career completion % 61.7 - Mediocre
Career YPA - 6.7 Low to Mediocre
YPG - 234.6 Mediocre
Total TDs -212 over 163 games. That's a 1.3 TD per game average … Low to Mediocre
TD% - 3.7 Low
INT% - 2.4 Mediocre
Passer Rating - 84.1 … yeah you guessed it, MEDIOCRE

… but he did have that one playoff run.

Class Dismissed.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you showed me cherry picked selection of stats, factual, but disingenuous to label as "the facts". For "The Facts" you have to be complete.

Here are the facts:
Career completion % 61.7 - Mediocre
Career YPA - 6.7 Low to Mediocre
YPG - 234.6 Mediocre
Total TDs -212 over 163 games. That's a 1.3 TD per game average … Low to Mediocre
TD% - 3.7 Low
INT% - 2.4 Mediocre
Passer Rating - 84.1 … yeah you guessed it, MEDIOCRE

… but he did have that one playoff run.

Class Dismissed.

Let's sweep aside your arrogance and your tainted motives - and just admit you have a hard time making friends. I think you should get a dog for companionship.

NFL-Solomon

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's sweep aside your arrogance and your tainted motives - and just admit you have a hard time making friends. I think you should get a dog for companionship.
LOL, yeah right. I make a counter statement to your OP, based on many years of watching and evaluating Joe, so you go all add hominem, attacking my team instead of addressing the point, and arrogance aside (since that is a valid point, I didn't call myself NFL-Solomon because I think I only know a little about football) suddenly I'M the one with the problem.

Why don't you just admit that I threw a bucket of reality ice water on your burgeoning Joe Flacco love, and stop trying to make this about me, or my team.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, yeah right. I make a counter statement to your OP, based on many years of watching and evaluating Joe, so you go all add hominem, attacking my team instead of addressing the point, and arrogance aside (since that is a valid point, I didn't call myself NFL-Solomon because I think I only know a little about football) suddenly I'M the one with the problem.

Why don't you just admit that I threw a bucket of reality ice water on your burgeoning Joe Flacco love, and stop trying to make this about me, or my team.

You didn't just give an opinion that Flacco was going to be a bum - your arrogance wanted to also predict - how I would feel about it (sad). You're a troll - wanting attention - and I still recommend getting a dog. Since you think you know me so well - I am taking the same liberty with you.

NFL-Solomon

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't just give an opinion that Flacco was going to be a bum - your arrogance wanted to also predict - how I would feel about it (sad). You're a troll - wanting attention - and I still recommend getting a dog.
Whatever dude, talk about paranoid, if someone disagrees with you, they are a troll. LOL! BTW, as you ARE a Broncos fan, it is only logical that you would be sad when your unwarranted enthusiasm for a new QB gets smacked in the face with the 2x4 of Flacco's mediocrity.
BTW, I HAVE a dog.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever dude, talk about paranoid, if someone disagrees with you, they are a troll. LOL! BTW, as you ARE a Broncos fan, it is only logical that you would be sad when your unwarranted enthusiasm for a new QB gets smacked in the face with the 2x4 of Flacco's mediocrity.
BTW, I HAVE a dog.

What you are is ridiculous - I hope your dog understands human personality disorders.

NFL-Solomon

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you are is ridiculous - I hope your dog understands human personality disorders.
You're a real piece of work. You throw the tantrum, and I'm the one with the problem, LMAO@U

My satisfaction, which previously wasn't, will be watching Joe Mediocre play. Normally I like Denver, thanks for disabusing me of the notion they had reasonable fans.