• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe Flacco is ELITE ! ! !

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Flacco IS MEDIOCRE

images

Do you think that Dalton is better than Flacco?

Before you go pull out those statistics that you already did on this thread, I should let you know that I could care less about those. Statistics don't define a QB's caliber IMO. A great statistical QB can kill it in the regular season only to choke in the playoffs and have everything be erased! Winning in December & January is all I care about. And if you think Dalton is better than Flacco, then you are just downright stupid. This will be the defining year for Dalton IMO. He has zero excuses this year with all the talent that team has. Until Dalton wins a playoff game, we can't discuss who is the better QB. Time will tell!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A great statistical QB can kill it in the regular season only to choke in the playoffs and have everything be erased! Winning in December & January is all I care about. This will be the defining year for Dalton IMO.

It helps that Dalton has two new rookies to help.

Dalton FINALLY has a running back option that can catch the ball (Bernard), alternate tight end who will give Dalton a chance (Gresham led the NFL in dropped passes by tight ends), and Sanu back (played only 5 games last year - his rookie season).

Ben Roethlisberger CAREER Post-Season Statistics:

20 td --- 17 int --- 6 fumbles

So.... a quarterback carried by a great defense is a great quarterback ... if the opponent is prevented from scoring?!?

Idiot.

Last edited by a moderator:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It helps that Dalton has two new rookies to help.

Dalton FINALLY has a running back option that can catch the ball (Bernard), alternate tight end who will give Dalton a chance (Gresham led the NFL in dropped passes by tight ends), and Sanu back (played only 5 games last year - his rookie season).

Ben Roethlisberger CAREER Post-Season Statistics:

20 td --- 17 int --- 6 fumbles

So pulling out Roethlisberger's post season stats is your way of saying Dalton is better than both him and Flacco? And for the record, I never once spoke of Ben in this discussion. You only assume I was going to bring that up, which I wasn't. I know Ben hasn't had the greatest post season stats, but somehow someway he has found a way to get the win, time and time again. Something that DALTON has NEVER done... Don't give me any bullshit about not having this guy or that... Here's something to think about, the Steelers starting WR's in the 2005-06 playoffs & SB XL were Hines Ward & Antwan Randle El. The starting RB's through that period were Jerome Bettis & oft-injured Willie Parker. So don't give me any bull over not having players around Dalton. That's a pathetic excuse.

I could care less what an idiot Bungal fan has to say. Sitting on :cloud9: must be fun for you. Almost every NFL analyst says Ben is a great QB, regardless of stats. So why do you think anything that you say has more merit?

Last edited by a moderator:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to intrude on this, but wins are not the barometer of whose better. We often put too much emphasis on TEAM ACCOMPLISHMENTS over talent.

Flacco played great last year.......and won a title. But the rest of his career he's been average. I don't see how he's that much better as a QB than Dalton. His TEAM has accomplished more, that doesn't necessarily make him better.

I mean NOBODY would take Jim McMahon over Dan Marino, and Marino never won squat, while McMahon played on one of the greatest teams of all time.

Stats are an equalizer......they show what an individual player has done, CONSISTENTLY. Not what a TEAM has done.

This is like saying Mark Sanchez or Tim Tebow are better than say Tony Romo because they have more playoff wins. That's just ABSURD.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem to care since you followed ME around trolled me.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, but I think now we are separating the conversation into "elite" QB's and Lombardi winners. I guess I should have explained that further. I am more into team accomplishments, because that's all that really matters to me in the end. Consistency does separate QB's into different categories, and I should have gone with this direction. My fault there. But you could say that Flacco & Dalton are both fairly equal, but Flacco has accomplished more than Dalton has. Albeit he has been in the league for 3 more years, so Dalton could still prove to be the victor here. But IMO, these Bengals fans are absurd to make the statement that Dalton is better than Flacco. That's all I was really trying to harp on. I never wanted to implicate Roethlisberger into this discussion, that was all YuLee's doing.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem to care since you followed ME around trolled me.

When have I ever followed you around to troll you??? This is the first time that I can recall that I have ever refuted anything that you have had to say. I don't think that I have ever participated in a discussion with you prior to this. You must be getting me confused with someone else.

PS The proper sentence would have been: You seem to care since you followed me around AND trolled me.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the better Question is this you were Ozzie Newsome or the Ravens just hired you to be GM Joe Flacco just wont the SB MVP award your team just won the SB he is asking for Elite QB money what would you do.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the better Question is this you were Ozzie Newsome or the Ravens just hired you to be GM Joe Flacco just wont the SB MVP award your team just won the SB he is asking for Elite QB money what would you do.

Can you rephrase the question, because your english made this extremely difficult to read.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So pulling out Roethlisberger's post season stats is your way of saying Dalton is better than both him and Flacco? And for the record, I never once spoke of Ben in this discussion. You only assume I was going to bring that up, which I wasn't. I know Ben hasn't had the greatest post season stats, but somehow someway he has found a way to get the win, time and time again. Something that DALTON has NEVER done... Don't give me any bullshit about not having this guy or that... Here's something to think about, the Steelers starting WR's in the 2005-06 playoffs & SB XL were Hines Ward & Antwan Randle El. The starting RB's through that period were Jerome Bettis & oft-injured Willie Parker. So don't give me any bull over not having players around Dalton. That's a pathetic excuse.

I could care less what an idiot Bungal fan has to say. Sitting on :cloud9: must be fun for you. Almost every NFL analyst says Ben is a great QB, regardless of stats. So why do you think anything that you say has more merit?

You are quite the idiot.

You don't like stats because they work against your arguments.

You said that post-season is where it matters... and.... roethlisberger has more turnovers in the post-season than touchdowns.

Please feel free to not mention Plaxico Burress and Heath Miller when arguing about the terrible depth of steeler wide receivers.

Hines Ward had 6-1000 yards seasons.
So... now.... ward, burress, and plaxico suck worse than Dalton's #2 from his rookie season Jerome Simpson or 2012 #2 wr midget Hawkins who has never had more yards than Randle El (who was a #3 in pitt)?!?

Isn't Jerome Bettis in the Hall of Fame?!?

NOT to mention pittsburgh's defenses.

IDIOT.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When have I ever followed you around to troll you??? This is the first time that I can recall that I have ever refuted anything that you have had to say. I don't think that I have ever participated in a discussion with you prior to this. You must be getting me confused with someone else.

PS The proper sentence would have been: You seem to care since you followed me around AND trolled me.

You are TROLLING.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, 1 game clearly defines a career. He's probably already turned in his ring and MVP trophy. He was the least of the Ravens problems.

Don't say "MVP trophy" like it was an actual MVP trophy. SB MVP and regular season MVP are completely different. Flacco will never win regular season MVP.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are quite the idiot.

You don't like stats because they work against your arguments.

You said that post-season is where it matters... and.... roethlisberger has more turnovers in the post-season than touchdowns.

Please feel free to not mention Plaxico Burress and Heath Miller when arguing about the terrible depth of steeler wide receivers.

Hines Ward had 6-1000 yards seasons.
So... now.... ward, burress, and plaxico suck worse than Dalton's #2 from his rookie season Jerome Simpson or 2012 #2 wr midget Hawkins who has never had more yards than Randle El (who was a #3 in pitt)?!?

Isn't Jerome Bettis in the Hall of Fame?!?

NOT to mention pittsburgh's defenses.

IDIOT.

Haha no I never said stats work against my arguments. Even with those turnovers, he still did what was necessary to win. So keep your stats dipshit, and Ben will keep his playoff victories and SB trophies.

"burress, and plaxico" is the same person... :laugh3: He left the Steelers for New York that season. Boy you really are smart!!! :laugh3: The Steelers depth chart at WR that year were: Hines Ward, Antwan Randle El, Cedric Wilson, and no clue who else but they were a non factor. Heath Miller was in his ROOKIE season, so he wasn't a beast. Plus he didn't record many receptions during the playoffs (zero during SB XL). Hines Ward was a great receiver, yes, but he wasn't a huge threat. He was a possession receiver, that was all!

Jerome Bettis is NOT in the HOF. He was 33 years old at the time, and wasn't even the starter. So that doesn't support your argument either. Willie Parker was our strength at RB, and he was playing injured during that playoff stretch.

Class is dismissed... Who's the idiot now?? :laugh3:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for admitting that jerome bettis is overrated.
You walked into that one, fool.
LOL!!!

So.... ben roethlisberger is a great quarterback even though he won a Super Bowl by completing only 42% of his pass with 0 td and 2 int? (while the defense held Seattle to 10 points)!?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for admitting that jerome bettis is overrated.
You walked into that one, fool.
LOL!!!

So.... ben roethlisberger is a great quarterback even though he won a Super Bowl by completing only 42% of his pass with 0 td and 2 int? (while the defense held Seattle to 10 points)!?

Jesus you are just embarrassing yourself. When did I ever classify Bettis as overrated, or when did that every become a factor in the discussion?? You really are that stupid. :L

Yes the defense held them and was a huge part of that win. But they didn't carry Ben through the playoffs or the season to get them there. You are an idiot if you think that. What about all the other years that Ben has been in the playoffs???

You know nothing about football. Absolute stupidity on your part. I hope to god that you don't reproduce...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not the retard who says only quarterbacks who win in the playoffs are great.... even.... when a lot of MEDIOCRE quarterbacks have won due to great defenses (Dilfer/Bradshaw/Flacco) .

If you want to leave defensive quality out of the equation... be my guest.

It is entertaining to see such delusion.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flacco's cap hit is 6.8 million this year, 14.8 next year, and 14.5 in 2015 fair value in my opinion. They can cut their losses if he doesn't seriously step his game up before 2016 28.5 million and 2017 31.1 million. Ozzie can force him to renegotiate before the contract becomes a problem for the Ravens and I am guessing Flacco will be in a much worse negotiating position at that point.