• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe Flacco is ELITE ! ! !

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Im not saying Newsome is the best either because when you declare something or someone the best there you can always make an argument against, But winning two SB for the Ravens and keeping it a consistant threat would put him in the conversation of being the best.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Im not saying Newsome is the best either because when you declare something or someone the best there you can always make an argument against, But winning two SB for the Ravens and keeping it a consistant threat would put him in the conversation of being the best.

Absolutely agree. Ranking the best GM's in the league is a ridiculously difficult thing to do. It is easier, however, to just split them into good and bad categories. GM's are constantly put to the test, and recently none more than Ozzie. I give him great applause for doing the things he did in the situation he had, but I still wouldn't rush to think he's the BEST. The Steelers GM, Kevin Colbert, is headed toward a crossroad that Ozzie just got through. The next few offseasons can and probably will get pretty uncomfortable. If he pulls off the same things that Ozzie did, I still wouldn't call him the best. I would just call him great, like Ozzie.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely agree. Ranking the best GM's in the league is a ridiculously difficult thing to do. It is easier, however, to just split them into good and bad categories. GM's are constantly put to the test, and recently none more than Ozzie. I give him great applause for doing the things he did in the situation he had, but I still wouldn't rush to think he's the BEST. The Steelers GM, Kevin Colbert, is headed toward a crossroad that Ozzie just got through. The next few offseasons can and probably will get pretty uncomfortable. If he pulls off the same things that Ozzie did, I still wouldn't call him the best. I would just call him great, like Ozzie.

Well you are the one who brought it up.

Ninersickness said he was a pretty competent GM.

Then you said trading Boldin for nothing makes him competent

Then Ninersickness replied No but winning 2 SB does

Which you replied winning 2 SB makes you the best GM in football?

Then we argued the merits of Ozzie Newsome as a GM.

Which still doesnt address the main purpose of the whole argument here you stating they overpaid for Flacco and making fun of the Ravens for it. For which I posed the question what would be a worst move for the GM of a SB winning franchise resigning the SB MVP to a slightly bloated contract or letting him walk and not having a QB at all.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flacco was never elite...probably will never be...but that's not necessarily a bad thing. The elite category is really just for the upper echelon. Only a small few qualify for that group.

The thing with football is...being elite doesn't guarantee anything. Football is a team game. Flacco, while I'm not a fan of his, is more than good enough to win a title as long as everything is going right around him. He has just enough "it" in his game to be able to pull off a hot playoff run.

Flacco is fine with being Flacco. He's getting paid to be a Rodgers/Brady/Peyton but he doesn't need to be that...in the NFL all u gotta do is get in the playoffs and there will always be a chance.

Look what Rodgers did in his record breaking regular season mvp year...amazing year that flacco will never come close to...but all it took was one bad game to end in misery.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Dalton - 2011 ROOKIE Statistics w/ ROOKIE A.J. Green/Caldwell/Simpson/stone hands Cedric Benson:

3398 yards --- 20 td --- 13 int --- 5 fumbles

58% completions

80.4 QB Rating

Joe Flacco - 2011 Statistics w/ Ray Rice/Anquan Boldin/Torrey Smith/Dennis Pitta:

3398 yards --- 20 td --- 12 int --- 11 fumbles

57% completions

80.9 QB Rating

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andy Dalton - 2012 Statistics w/ Green/midget Hawkins/some other guy/BGE:

3669 yards --- 27 td --- 16 int --- 4 fumbles

62% completions

87.4 QB Rating

Joe Flacco - 2012 Statistics w/ Rice/Boldin/Smith/Pitta:

3817 yards --- 20 td --- 10 int --- 9 fumbles

59% completions

87.7 QB Rating

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Dalton - 2011 ROOKIE Statistics w/ ROOKIE A.J. Green/Caldwell/Simpson/stone hands Cedric Benson:

3398 yards --- 20 td --- 13 int --- 5 fumbles

58% completions

80.4 QB Rating

Joe Flacco - 2011 Statistics w/ Ray Rice/Anquan Boldin/Torrey Smith/Dennis Pitta:

3610 yards --- 20 td --- 12 int --- 11 fumbles

57% completions

80.9 QB Rating

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank God he got his big payday

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did any of you moron hating on Joe watch last nights game...those fucking receivers wouldn't beat man-to man coverage and could catch shit.

But continue hating, it just motivates Joe even more, and make it all that much sweeter when he shuts you haters up.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this is what Bengals fans do when they aren't fucking their sisters.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
those fucking receivers wouldn't beat man-to man coverage and could catch shit.

so...........you think it would have been a wiser decision to spend some of his contract money on, say, some good receivers??

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
troll threads already? eh, why not?

lol at trading Boldin for nothing

Heck we could have offered the Ravens a freakin penny for him! more than what the 49ers did! LOL

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so...........you think it would have been a wiser decision to spend some of his contract money on, say, some good receivers??

Yea, i don't agree with spending that much on one player because it does hurt from signing the talent needed. it happens all the time with good QBs, Peyton Brady rodgers etc. I don't think Joe was going anywhere if he was offered less to begin with, but who exactly would we have signed and don't say Boldin because i wanted him gone regardless of how much money they had to spend.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, i don't agree with spending that much on one player because it does hurt from signing the talent needed. it happens all the time with good QBs, Peyton Brady rodgers etc. I don't think Joe was going anywhere if he was offered less to begin with, but who exactly would we have signed and don't say Boldin because i wanted him gone regardless of how much money they had to spend.

That's a good point.

First, a QB is only as good as the offense. People talk all the time about elite QB's - but if your RB blows or you don't have the receivers to catch the ball, your QB wont look very good.

What changed from last season to this season wasn't Joe - it was that he lost some guys catching the ball for him. Last night his guys were just a step out of touch here and there. That's to be expected with that many new guys.

And yeah - the Ravens had to pay what he was asking. The only other option would have been to let him get away, and then people would be saying, "What?! The Ravens let Joe Flacco go?! He ONLY just won the SB for you!!!"

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did any of you moron hating on Joe watch last nights game...those fucking receivers wouldn't beat man-to man coverage and could catch shit.

But continue hating, it just motivates Joe even more, and make it all that much sweeter when he shuts you haters up.

994591_222977314525587_274669916_n.jpg

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, 1 game clearly defines a career. He's probably already turned in his ring and MVP trophy. He was the least of the Ravens problems.

Actually it was a fairly normal night for Joe.

2012:
Attempts: 33.1875 per game
Completion %: 59.7
Yards: 3817
Touchdowns: 22
Interceptions: 10
Rating: 87.7

If you prorate the attempts his performance falls pretty close to his averages. He had one heck of a playoff run but that's the only time he's ever broken the mold of being an average performer.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Flacco IS MEDIOCRE

images

Last edited by a moderator: