• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe Burrow gets paid

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burrow saved cincy.
Money well spent.

I gotta agree with your post,but these salaries are ridiculously absurd.......its us fans that get short end of the stick......

Its the reason why I quut going to games.......
And not to mention paying a chunk of money for tv just to watch them at home....

It blaphemy.......

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine the awkward drip Burrow can display now

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta agree with your post,but these salaries are ridiculously absurd.......its us fans that get short end of the stick......

Its the reason why I quut going to games.......
And not to mention paying a chunk of money for tv just to watch them at home....

It blaphemy.......
No it's, ands, or maybe. Lord only knows where the ceiling is finally gonna be...

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably good that they got it out of the way and it won't be a talking point. Dragging it out would have been a distraction, I think.
You mean like Chris Jones in KC...?

Course last night's loss may be a motivator to get that deal done...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think the DL play was the reason for the loss...

kardariustoney.png

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep. Toney was bad and deserves all the ripping he’s getting but…

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said it was, but Jones still could've helped big time on D...

But yeah, I get Toney sucking in a major way. And I thought MVS had hands of stone...

At least Marvin Jones was doing the Lions dirty to more or less balance that out. Both teams hurt themselves by targeting guys that were struggling.
I'm not sure the constant rotation of receivers and backs is ideal for the Chiefs (6 different guys running the ball, 11 different guys with a catch). They have so much duplication of assets in play (a lot slot type receivers, 3 different TEs, 3 different RBs, etc).

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have so much duplication of assets in play (a lot slot type receivers, 3 different TEs, 3 different RBs, etc).
I'm guessing its a constant rotation because no one has separated from the pack. Rashee Rice dropping balls probably isnt crazy because he is a rookie but MVS, Skyy Moore and Toney are who you'd normally expect to step up. I know Justyn Ross might actually have the most upside of the bunch but his injury history is well documented.

Chiefs, imo, had some issues at WR last year. That first Chargers game was pretty ugly imo. It just didn't matter because MVS stepped up big against the Bengals and the Chiefs offense was near perfect in the Super Bowl. The issue with the WRs has never been talent but consistency. Relying on any of their WRs seems to be kinda foolish so they just went with a ton of different 'talented', unreliable WRs and that strategy backfired big in week 1

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing its a constant rotation because no one has separated from the pack. Rashee Rice dropping balls probably isnt crazy because he is a rookie but MVS, Skyy Moore and Toney are who you'd normally expect to step up. I know Justyn Ross might actually have the most upside of the bunch but his injury history is well documented.

Chiefs, imo, had some issues at WR last year. That first Chargers game was pretty ugly imo. It just didn't matter because MVS stepped up big against the Bengals and the Chiefs offense was near perfect in the Super Bowl. The issue with the WRs has never been talent but consistency. Relying on any of their WRs seems to be kinda foolish so they just went with a ton of different 'talented', unreliable WRs and that strategy backfired big in week 1

You would hope that they could settle those battles in preseason. A shorter rotation keeps players more in the flow of the game IMO, MVS as the trusted vet should be the #2 (or #4 with enough depth) IMO, but the rest is a mishmash to sort out still. At this point, the younger guys seem more like gadget players, but that could just be the nature of the KC offense with the focus on Kelce as the possession receiver.

A trade for Mike Evans is out there, but I don't think throwing big money at an aging (if still elite) WR is the answer either.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If it was Kelce up in the suite during the game w/out the contract, he would've already been signed after last nights performance by those WR's... Chiefs defense wasn't the problem... I'd be surprised if Jones is signed this week...

Reactions: DJ

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks would be happy to send Dee Eskridge to the Chiefs for $100

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it was Kelce up in the suite during the game w/out the contract, he would've already been signed after last nights performance by those WR's... Chiefs defense wasn't the problem... I'd be surprised if Jones is signed this week...
While I agree with you about the wideouts' performance, I still think the Chiefs are more motivated to get their key pieces back in place sooner rather than later...