• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jimmy Graham

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised that GoldenTate lasted as long as he did on our forum. It goes to show that Harold will give you more than enough to hang yourself. All he needs to do afterwards is pull the lever so the floor opens up beneath some troll's feet. This fake Seahawks fan was a total D-bag.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised that GoldenTate lasted as long as he did on our forum. It goes to show that Harold will give you more than enough to hang yourself. All he needs to do afterwards is pull the lever so the floor opens up beneath some troll's feet. This fake Seahawks fan was a total D-bag.

If only it was that easy.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't predict injuries.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough break for Seattle, Jimmy Graham was starting to develop some chemistry and he still is the 2nd leading receiver on our team. I think it's a big blow for Seattle considering that they'll have to rely on Luke Willson entirely going forward.

That said, Seattle can flat out cut Jimmy Graham after this season for $0.00 cap hit and save $9M in doing so (can sign some nice free agents or extend players with that cash), so long term this isn't a huge deal outside of the lost 1st round pick. Unger hurts but he was injury prone so dunno if that was as big a loss as outsiders are making it look like.

It's a HUGE loss this season. Basically zero issue going forward.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough break for Seattle, Jimmy Graham was starting to develop some chemistry and he still is the 2nd leading receiver on our team. I think it's a big blow for Seattle considering that they'll have to rely on Luke Willson entirely going forward.

That said, Seattle can flat out cut Jimmy Graham after this season for $0.00 cap hit and save $9M in doing so (can sign some nice free agents or extend players with that cash), so long term this isn't a huge deal outside of the lost 1st round pick. Unger hurts but he was injury prone so dunno if that was as big a loss as outsiders are making it look like.

It's a HUGE loss this season. Basically zero issue going forward.
Yes the Seahawks can cut Graham at no cost....if they want to. Think they'll want to see how things go. Maybe Luke Wilson is good enough, maybe not. Is the OL jelling? If so then things are looking up, if they fail then the Seahawks will need to explore every avenue to improve it, including the FA market or a trade. Think we all need to see how things go before jumping to conclusions.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes the Seahawks can cut Graham at no cost....if they want to. Think they'll want to see how things go. Maybe Luke Wilson is good enough, maybe not. Is the OL jelling? If so then things are looking up, if they fail then the Seahawks will need to explore every avenue to improve it, including the FA market or a trade. Think we all need to see how things go before jumping to conclusions.

Yep, 100% agreed Harold and that was the point I was looking to make. We have options... always a good thing.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't imagine they will cut Graham.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't imagine they will cut Graham.
Listening to Pete C. interviews, doesn't sound like they plan to cut him, actually the opposite, but that's right now. Just need to see how things shake out.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In terms of pure value being exchanged, the trade was fair for both teams. I believe that a later first round pick + a good center in Max Unger is equal to Jimmy Graham.

It just wasn't a good fit for the Seahawks. As a run first team, we needed Unger more than we needed a top flight TE. I do believe as a receiver, Jimmy Graham was and still is the second most talented TE in the NFL behind Gronk. The Seahawks just weren't, and aren't a good fit.

Also, if you're gonna go out and get Jimmy Graham, at least fucking use him correctly - something the Seahawks haven't done that well. If it were me, I'd seldom line him up at the traditional TE spot primarily because his blocking is so poor. That or just completely take him out of the game on run plays, which does tell the defense if it's a run or pass, but the Seahawks already do that whenever they sub Fred Jackson into the game.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the reason that Graham wasn't used well is because the line was so bad we couldn't develop plays the way we wanted to.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the reason that Graham wasn't used well is because the line was so bad we couldn't develop plays the way we wanted to.
I agree. The OL just wasn't good enough to allow the offense to operate the way the Seahawks had in mind. Hopefully the OL has turned a corner, that will make the offense so much better.:hope:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patrick lewish played admirably last year for unger and our OL has stepped up with him in the lineup. Unger was expendable.

What i dont get is why lewis wasnt starting from the get fo. Was he hurt?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patrick lewish played admirably last year for unger and our OL has stepped up with him in the lineup. Unger was expendable.

Never understood why the Seahawks didn't value him more. Seems like in the off season they convinced themselves that Novak was the answer at center IDK why.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We look at Graham's usage in the offense and say it didn't meet expectations, but I heard on the radio the other night that he was targeted 24% of the time in our passing game and only 19% in New Orleans.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never understood why the Seahawks didn't value him more. Seems like in the off season they convinced themselves that Novak was the answer at center IDK why.

Agree... And then we ended up releasing Novak...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cable gave them Bad info that's why. They trusted Cables input more than they should have, Looking at the crap he has did with the oline does not earn him the right to judge talent. No Olineman that had a history in that position has improved under his coaching. Sure these converted DL have shown improvement but thats because that is all they COULD do. Now take a player that is all ready talented on the offensive line and Cable has done ZERO to make them better. Even Sweezy is regressing now.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlike Cary Williams with this defense, I don't think that Jimmy Graham is a bad fit with this offense. I agree with flyerhawk that the issue was poor offensive line play. There was either no time for Wilson to throw, no passing lanes (especially up the middle) or such poor offensive line play that it forced the Seahawks to either keep Graham back as a blocker, which is clearly not his strength, or to replace Graham with a better blocking tight end, taking him away as an option altogether. I believe that with the way the offensive line is playing now, he would have been able to have a much bigger impact, which we were beginning to see before he got hurt against Pittsburgh. If the offensive line can continue to improve and play at this current level or better next year, I think we'll see the trade for Graham as a good move.

As for why Lewis wasn't starting earlier in the season... I got the impression from interviews I've read that the Seahawks wanted him to work on his communication with his fellow offensive linemen. I can't remember exactly where I read it, it might have been an interview with Pete Carroll posted on mynorthwest.com, but that seems to be the reason. Given how poorly Nowak played, I don't know if Lewis could have done any worse, but I guess I can understand the reasoning for not getting Lewis in there sooner if that's what it was.