• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jimmy Butler wants out of Minnesota

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming boogie is going to be 100% is definitely not a sure thing.

They were so close last year and butler is a freaking stud.

I love the idea of going all in. They’ll resign him too.

I like Butler but I don't think he's as good as some people rate him. And they only need like 15 minutes a game out of Boogie for him to make a huge impact. The team was loaded to begin with and he gives them an entirely different look.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They have to jump on that unless another team offers an objectively better deal. They should do it and just can Thibs while they're at it, because he clearly doesn't have the vision to develop a winning young team from within. He wants to rely way too much on bringing in veterans and washed up guys like Rose. The Wolves simply aren't a franchise that can bank on going that route and need to get it figured out from their own drafts.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Butler but I don't think he's as good as some people rate him. And they only need like 15 minutes a game out of Boogie for him to make a huge impact. The team was loaded to begin with and he gives them an entirely different look.

agree.

Butler will help them significantly. But this would not be a league altering trade.

Regardless of what people think, the fully healthy Dubs were significantly better than the fully healthy Rox last year. For the purpose of the Rockets matchup, the Dubs only really added (Jerebko and Cousins) because McGee didn't play against them anyway.

I don't think Butler + Melo + MCW

Is equal to Gordon + Ariza + Luc Richard

When fit is considered.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree.

Butler will help them significantly. But this would not be a league altering trade.

Regardless of what people think, the fully healthy Dubs were significantly better than the fully healthy Rox last year. For the purpose of the Rockets matchup, the Dubs only really added (Jerebko and Cousins) because McGee didn't play against them anyway.

I don't think Butler + Melo + MCW

Is equal to Gordon + Ariza + Luc Richard

When fit is considered.

It might not just be for this year though. They seem more than willing to go into the luxury tax to resign Butler so if Durant leaves GS next summer, that CP3/Harden/Butler combo's chances of winning the title jumps significantly

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might not just be for this year though. They seem more than willing to go into the luxury tax to resign Butler so if Durant leaves GS next summer, that CP3/Harden/Butler combo's chances of winning the title jumps significantly

True.

No question it would be good for Houston. Good enough to beat GS? I doubt it. At least not this year.

I don't like it from Minnesota's end though.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True.

No question it would be good for Houston. Good enough to beat GS? I doubt it. At least not this year.

I don't like it from Minnesota's end though.

Agree. This would be a very good trade for the Rockets and may be their best shot at landing someone who could help them to a title if the Warriors lose KD.

But, unless the Wolves are ready to blow it all up, fire Thibs and start from scratch, it's not good for them.

Even then, it's still not that good for them because they could likely unload Butler on a team that will give them picks that are likely to end up being better than what they will get from Houston.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's sitting tonight in an attempt to get traded faster, and it could lead to an extended break, per Shams.

Wow. I can't respect guys like him. He acts like a teenager who doesn't get his way.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's sitting tonight in an attempt to get traded faster, and it could lead to an extended break, per Shams.

Wow. I can't respect guys like him. He acts like a teenager who doesn't get his way.
Biggest diva in the league, I'd have to say. Maybe LeBron still bigger.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be completely fair,

He kind of has to do this now if he wants to be traded.

After everything he pulled during preseason, Thibs still made no real attempt to trade him, because Thibs wisely realizes Jimmy Butler playing for Minnesota is Thibs' best chance to keep his job. Thibs was always incentivized to keep Butler.

Sitting is the only way Butler can reclaim any leverage.

I understand why people will hate this move, but at the same time everyone needs to realize Jimmy will 100% stay in Minnesota all season if he doesn't do this. And that is clearly not what jimmy wants.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
F Jimmy, honor your contract you POS.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soooo, Jimmy's plan is to call in sick until the Wolves fire him? :noidea:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soooo, Jimmy's plan is to call in sick until the Wolves fire him? :noidea:
If he tries that - then Minnesota could demand something from a doctor and then they would send him to their own doctor. Failure to comply could result in loss of wages and being suspended from games for breach of contract. If I was Minnesota, I'd see to it that Butler didn't play for any one until he played for them.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he tries that - then Minnesota could demand something from a doctor and then they would send him to their own doctor. Failure to comply could result in loss of wages and being suspended from games for breach of contract. If I was Minnesota, I'd see to it that Butler didn't play for any one until he played for them.

He already did, bro. Lol

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its weird cause Woj almost immediately tweeted refuting it.

Shams is saying its part of Butler's camp's plan to get him traded.

Woj is saying it was actually the team's decision to rest him and that he'll continue playing.

Usually Shams and Woj are both right so its weird seeing them contradict each other.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From a standpoint of fairness, I definitely agree that the way Butler has been acting regarding his workplace is unacceptable.

That said, unfortunately, he's a star pro athlete with several years of his prime left, and that makes how he'll be treated differently than us normal folks. With only 1 year left on his contract and wanting to get out of Minnesota, he's got all of the real leverage in all of this. The more lame stunts he pulls, the worse his trade value will get. And if you're the Wolves, you should want to get at least SOMETHING for him rather than letting him walk when his contract is up. Sticking it to him by hanging onto him even if he sits out isn't going to help them as a team.

But then you have to figure in Thibs, a coach who is desperately fighting to keep his job via winning and demanding either Butler stay or he get similar quality players in return for him. That makes the situation a complete and utter cluster on a whole other level. Honestly, the Wolves' ownership needs to step in and force the best trade they possibly can for Butler and just can Thibs while they're at it. They needed that Butler trade to work out in order for Thibs to pan out in Minnesota, and it didn't work. Thus, it's time to just tear it down and start from scratch with a KAT/Wiggins based team even though it's not ideal, as they don't have much of a choice. The got themselves into a corner with those huge paydays they gave Wiggins and Towns, so now they'll just have to see it through and hope it works out better under different leadership.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a standpoint of fairness, I definitely agree that the way Butler has been acting regarding his workplace is unacceptable.

That said, unfortunately, he's a star pro athlete with several years of his prime left, and that makes how he'll be treated differently than us normal folks. With only 1 year left on his contract and wanting to get out of Minnesota, he's got all of the real leverage in all of this. The more lame stunts he pulls, the worse his trade value will get. And if you're the Wolves, you should want to get at least SOMETHING for him rather than letting him walk when his contract is up. Sticking it to him by hanging onto him even if he sits out isn't going to help them as a team.

But then you have to figure in Thibs, a coach who is desperately fighting to keep his job via winning and demanding either Butler stay or he get similar quality players in return for him. That makes the situation a complete and utter cluster on a whole other level. Honestly, the Wolves' ownership needs to step in and force the best trade they possibly can for Butler and just can Thibs while they're at it. They needed that Butler trade to work out in order for Thibs to pan out in Minnesota, and it didn't work. Thus, it's time to just tear it down and start from scratch with a KAT/Wiggins based team even though it's not ideal, as they don't have much of a choice. The got themselves into a corner with those huge paydays they gave Wiggins and Towns, so now they'll just have to see it through and hope it works out better under different leadership.

Yeah, it seems like they need to fire Thibs, trade Butler and Wiggins for whatever they can get and start rebuilding with Townes.

Butler is a "Thibs guy" but it looks like even Thibs can't reach him on this one and it seems like, with his behavior, even if Thibs could get him back in the fold, his teammates wouldn't be too accepting of that.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it seems like they need to fire Thibs, trade Butler and Wiggins for whatever they can get and start rebuilding with Townes.

Butler is a "Thibs guy" but it looks like even Thibs can't reach him on this one and it seems like, with his behavior, even if Thibs could get him back in the fold, his teammates wouldn't be too accepting of that.

If Thibs wasn't also the GM he'd have had a better shot at reaching him.