• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jimmy Butler wants out of Minnesota

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That had to happen if he was gonna come back and play.

The longer this goes the better chance a team like Boston or Houston stands of getting involved.

If butler makes it to December, Marcus smarts contract comes into play and he’s perfect for thibs. Plus rozier is there.

This could get fun.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes just a POS though.

You are getting paid millions of dollars- on a team that has a ton of talent. You have one year left on your deal.

Why not play out the contract that YOU SIGNED that pays YOU MILLIONS OF DOLLARS-

why is okay for these guys to just whine and piss and moan there way out of a contract that they voluntarily signed. There is 1 year left on his deal!!!!

be a professional- if you REALLY dont like it there- tell the Twolves- i do not intend to resign at the end of the year just letting you know.

Do that instead of whining and complaining and acting like a little cry baby. BOO HOOO you are getting paid millions under a contract that you voluntarily signed on a team with a bunch of talent. WAAA WAAA WAAAA WAAA.

its revolting.

Ok, so when I wrote my post I did not realize the degree to which Butler staged the whole thing. That was crappy for sure.

However, look at it from Butler's perspective. The Twolves just gave both Wiggins and Townes max contracts. Townes' deal was the biggest no brainer in the history of no brainers. But, they offered Butler approximately the same dollar figure they gave Townes which is far from max for him.

If I were Butler, I would absolutely feel unwanted. Because the Twolves knew (or should have known) when they traded for him that it would take a max deal to resign him in 2019. That is not close to what they offered.

I am not condoning Butler's actions, but he should be pissed. He is defintely their best player, even though Townes is more valuable to the franchise.

And this is not about the last year on the contract. Butler has stated he will honor it and play through it. The Twolves lowballed him on the extension offer and Butler is pissed about it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Q8UOwJeDFMaYEgDX

"all my emotion just came out of me....they havent traded me yet to a team dumb enough to give me a 5 year 190 million dollar contract so i through the equiavalent of a 6 year olds temper tantrum at practice! Its not my fault i signed a contract and the NBA doesnt let me choose who i play for while i am under contract! The Twolves wont pay me 38 million a year until im 35...ohh...what am i gonna do--- well i guess all there is to do is to cry and whine and call out my coaches and teammates and mangement until i get way!"

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so when I wrote my post I did not realize the degree to which Butler staged the whole thing. That was crappy for sure.

However, look at it from Butler's perspective. The Twolves just gave both Wiggins and Townes max contracts. Townes' deal was the biggest no brainer in the history of no brainers. But, they offered Butler approximately the same dollar figure they gave Townes which is far from max for him.

If I were Butler, I would absolutely feel unwanted. Because the Twolves knew (or should have known) when they traded for him that it would take a max deal to resign him in 2019. That is not close to what they offered.

I am not condoning Butler's actions, but he should be pissed. He is defintely their best player, even though Townes is more valuable to the franchise.

And this is not about the last year on the contract. Butler has stated he will honor it and play through it. The Twolves lowballed him on the extension offer and Butler is pissed about it.
at the beginning of next season butler is going to be 30

he wants to be traded to a team dumb enough to extend him at 5 years 190 million next season so he is trying to whine his way and throw a tantrum to try and get there.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well you do not understand what it is about

he wouldnt even take the MAX offer from the twolves right now- it would be stupid to on his part.

he will be eligible for a much bigger contract in the offseason

he wants to be traded to a team that has his bird rights so he can get a 5 year deal instead of a 4 year deal next year in free agency.

he knows with Towns and Wiggins under contract- and with his age- its HIGHLY unlikely the Twolves will give him that 5 year 190M deal so he wants to go somewhere that will and he will be disruptive and act like as big of an asshole as he needs to to make sure it happens.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well you do not understand what it is about

he wouldnt even take the MAX offer from the twolves right now- it would be stupid to on his part.

he will be eligible for a much bigger contract in the offseason

he wants to be traded to a team that has his bird rights so he can get a 5 year deal instead of a 4 year deal next year in free agency.

he knows with Towns and Wiggins under contract- and with his age- its HIGHLY unlikely the Twolves will give him that 5 year 190M deal so he wants to go somewhere that will and he will be disruptive and act like as big of an asshole as he needs to to make sure it happens.

Serious question:

Why are you such a condescending asshole? I know exactly what this is about. And you have no idea what I know from 2 short posts.

The Wolves offered him a 4 year $100 extension over the summer, which is far less than what Wiggins is due over that same time frame.

Forget the 5th year. Yes Butler wants that. But getting paid less than Wiggins when he is 4 times the player and eligible for significantly more is completely unacceptable. And the Wolves would have been better off not offering any extension at all and waiting until next summer than to offer that garbage. Because it is disrespectful to think Butler could/should sign for less than garbage ass Wiggins. In fact, it kind of pisses me off and I don't care about the Wolves at all.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That seems fucking insane, but I don't follow how valuable NBA 1st round picks are these days, and I guess if the Rockets got Butler they'd easily be a top 3 team for some time. Butler + Harden + Paul would be insane, but Paul can never stay healthy it seems. I still don't know if they could derail the Warriors especially when they get Cousins back.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when Ditka traded all his picks for several years for Ricky Williams?

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rockets have 4 number 1s? Will the wolves go for that? I mean, these #1s might as well be 2nd rounders because of how late in the draft that'll be.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That seems fucking insane, but I don't follow how valuable NBA 1st round picks are these days, and I guess if the Rockets got Butler they'd easily be a top 3 team for some time. Butler + Harden + Paul would be insane, but Paul can never stay healthy it seems. I still don't know if they could derail the Warriors especially when they get Cousins back.

The rockets have 4 number 1s? Will the wolves go for that? I mean, these #1s might as well be 2nd rounders because of how late in the draft that'll be.

2 of those picks are 5 and 7 years away respectively.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sad part is, that team probably doesn’t compete with the dubs with KD.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sad part is, that team probably doesn’t compete with the dubs with KD.

Yah it's pretty ridiculous how the Dubs have assembled a team that makes the NBA entirely irrelevant. I have ZERO clue how anyone is supposed to compete with Curry + Thompson + Durant + Cousins + ... a 4'2" white guy if they started him.

Sad that we pretty much have to hope for injury with GS to basically get a competitive product in the post season.

Not bitter at all btw... since Seattle bailed to OKC I could give two shits... but I would like to see a more competitive NBA product. So I guess I'm hoping the Rockets acquire Butler, James, and Anthony Towns and just make a run at it, LOL.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems pretty dumb to me. The W's are going to be partially dismantled next year one way or the other and even if they had Butler I'd take the W's with a healthy Boogie over them. Just ride it out another year.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems pretty dumb to me. The W's are going to be partially dismantled next year one way or the other and even if they had Butler I'd take the W's with a healthy Boogie over them. Just ride it out another year.

Assuming boogie is going to be 100% is definitely not a sure thing.

They were so close last year and butler is a freaking stud.

I love the idea of going all in. They’ll resign him too.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah it's pretty ridiculous how the Dubs have assembled a team that makes the NBA entirely irrelevant. I have ZERO clue how anyone is supposed to compete with Curry + Thompson + Durant + Cousins + ... a 4'2" white guy if they started him.

Sad that we pretty much have to hope for injury with GS to basically get a competitive product in the post season.

Not bitter at all btw... since Seattle bailed to OKC I could give two shits... but I would like to see a more competitive NBA product. So I guess I'm hoping the Rockets acquire Butler, James, and Anthony Towns and just make a run at it, LOL.

Well it was just one big signing that put them over the top (before this year, Boogie coming was ridiculous). All the other key guys were either from the draft or ones that other teams didn't really see any value in. Kerr doesn't get the credit he deserves to a certain extent.