• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jimmy Butler wants out of Minnesota

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Thibs wasn't also the GM he'd have had a better shot at reaching him.

Yeah, that's part of why I don't like the idea of a coach also being GM or President of Basketball Operations.

It sounds good in theory...the coach gets to pick the guys he's going to coach.

But more often than not, it just seems like it doesn't work out.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's part of why I don't like the idea of a coach also being GM or President of Basketball Operations.

It sounds good in theory...the coach gets to pick the guys he's going to coach.

But more often than not, it just seems like it doesn't work out.

1) it's too much work to handle both, but he should definitely be consulted.

2) in situations with contract disputes, it can really blow up in the coach's face, cause he is the enemy already.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a standpoint of fairness, I definitely agree that the way Butler has been acting regarding his workplace is unacceptable.

That said, unfortunately, he's a star pro athlete with several years of his prime left, and that makes how he'll be treated differently than us normal folks. With only 1 year left on his contract and wanting to get out of Minnesota, he's got all of the real leverage in all of this. The more lame stunts he pulls, the worse his trade value will get. And if you're the Wolves, you should want to get at least SOMETHING for him rather than letting him walk when his contract is up. Sticking it to him by hanging onto him even if he sits out isn't going to help them as a team.

But then you have to figure in Thibs, a coach who is desperately fighting to keep his job via winning and demanding either Butler stay or he get similar quality players in return for him. That makes the situation a complete and utter cluster on a whole other level. Honestly, the Wolves' ownership needs to step in and force the best trade they possibly can for Butler and just can Thibs while they're at it. They needed that Butler trade to work out in order for Thibs to pan out in Minnesota, and it didn't work. Thus, it's time to just tear it down and start from scratch with a KAT/Wiggins based team even though it's not ideal, as they don't have much of a choice. The got themselves into a corner with those huge paydays they gave Wiggins and Towns, so now they'll just have to see it through and hope it works out better under different leadership.
Not uncommon to for a player to want out - The Spurs in the end had to trade Leonard - It's like a bad marriage - when you no longer are in love with your spouse/companion - it's time to move on. Staying together only makes everyone miserable

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fvck butler and his whining ass. There, that’s my profound, thought provoking answer.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love the second trade. Most talent coming back would be the third one, but taking for Harris while Gibson is still there would create a logjam.

They got raped Bill Cosby style.....

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got raped Bill Cosby style.....

It depends, without Butlerndonwe get the real KAT back? He averaged 27 points when Butler does not play, but 17bwhen he does.

Surrounding him with 3 point shooter that dont need the ball seems like a good call to me.

Now I have to hope Teague opts out

Gopherfan84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bye Thibs, don't let the door hit you in the :censored: on your way out tomorrow.